Page 396 of 600 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406446496 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 6000

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 396

timjinsd is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi there my name is Tim. I'd like to say thanks to everyone who's contributed their "story" to this thread. I've enjoyed reading them and find them insightful and motivating.

So this is me:

Your location: San Diego, CA

Age (If you want): According my birth certificate - 43. According to my mind and body - 25

How Primal are you: I had been avoiding grains or processed food for years, but I'm relatively new to full on Primal. I eat organic as much as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Yes: Milk (coffee), Kefir (smoothies) and cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I'm having a cup of Yogi Egyptian Licorice tea at this very moment.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to take my already healthy lifestyle to the next level. I originally stumbled on MDA by accident. After reading a bit it made so much sense to me I had to give it a try.

Favorite exercise: Hiking. I live minutes away from a state park(Torrey Pines) that overlooks the ocean. I hit the trails or the beach 5-6 days a week. I just started SUPing and that's a whole lotta fun too.

Favorite Primal food: Grain free meatloaf. I make it with 50/50 grass fed beef and organic turkey. I always have some in the fridge.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling fantastic physically which in turn makes me feel fantastic mentally. I guess it's kinda corny, but I feel like a clean, efficient machine.

Worst part about being Primal: I wouldn't say there's a worst part.

Cheers folks, Happy 4th

Tim

JesseJe is offline Member
    Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, energy, trying to find the best way to eat

Favorite exercise: biking, yoga, jogging, hiking

Favorite Primal food: fish

Best part about being Primal: dont know yet

Worst part about being Primal: dont know yet

Kathcon3 is offline Junior Member
    1. Location : IL

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Adopting the Primal Lifestyle with ever increasing enthusiasm.

Do you consume dairy: In a limited fashion: greek yogurt, butter, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black coffee and herbal sun tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues related to an inflammatory condition and being more than 30 lbs overweight

Favorite exercise: long walks with my dog, yoga, pilates, biking, swimming-love to move everyday preferably outside

Favorite Primal food: poached eggs, pork carnitas, big ass salads for lunch everyday

Best part about being Primal: 50 lb weight loss and boundless energy all day long. Sleep like a baby every night. Have never felt better in my entire life.

Worst part about being Primal: I can’t think of anything negative about being Primal

RedFalcon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: about 70/30

Do you consume dairy: Very very rare occasion (less than 1x a month)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - 2c daily...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just need to feel better!

Favorite exercise: Boxing, weights

Favorite Primal food: nuts & seeds, green vegetables

Best part about being Primal: It's sooo intensely terrific not to get the mid afternoon insulin slump!!!! Got rid of my headaches, got rid of my eczema, hardly snore now, lost weight... what is there NOT to say!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Well, that's why I'm writing... I need help with "on-the-go" meals for this lifestyle. Due to limited time, I sometimes have to grab whats convenient instead of what's good - mostly because I am consistently running on many different fronts. Since I'm the only "primal" eater in the household, it's still stuffed with things like bread, sandwich makings, etc. (Note: Am working on spouse. <grin>) If I don't spend many hours preparing foods over the weekend, I'm outaluck.

I'm pretty resigned to the fact that there WILL be prep for meals that don't fit the 'fast food' paradigm - but there has to be a few things out there that are easy/quick!!!?

I cannot eat whole eggs (they completely STOP my digestion) - so thats out as a grab&go meal.

Any suggestions!??

Red

kiltgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi there!

I've been stalking this website for the past fortnight soaking up all the wonderful wisdom and thought i would take the plunge and join in if it's ok

My name is Elaine, discovered Primal Blueprint after looking for info on bile reflux (ewww), after having my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago.... I came across Chris Kresser's 9 Steps to Perfect Health..his take on reflux was really interesting, I wanted to fix this before it got out of hand and don't want to need a prescription from the doc to do it! After a few pages of that, feeling all fired up about how to fix this naturally I came across a link for Mark Sisson...and am so glad I did!

I'm a Scottish girl living on the south coast of England, have been a sugar and bad carb junkie all my life and following the birth of my beautiful daughter 5 years ago (I'm now aged 43) this approach to food has nearly wrecked me, I have never lost my 'pregnant' look, not sleeping, hardly any protein in my diet etc.

I followed Slimming World for nearly a year and lost nearly 2 stone, this is a really low fat diet, lots of pasta, rice and potatoes etc. It was great when I could get into smaller jeans but it really didn't solve the problem of my binge eating, in fact now I know a bit more about insulin and carbs I can understand that it was probably the worst thing I could have done to myself. I was always hungry too, so is no surprise i couldn't keep the weight off...

I started Primal 10 days ago, already I've lost 5lb!! I have a lot of belly fat though and am pleased to say that my profile is already changing (am sure my belly looked smaller after only 3 days)

Here are my things

Your location: Brighton, England UK

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: yes, cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, i can't give it up!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I read the Primal Blueprint, it made more sense than anything diet-related had in a very long time, it was worth giving it a go as I knew how addicted to bad carbs and sugar i was

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: big salad, little bit of goats cheese, either mackerel fillets in olive oil or roast chicken or steak leftovers, cherry tomatoes, loads of leaves, celery, toasted pumpkin and sunflower seeds, red or yellow peppers...covered in EVOO and balsamic vinegar...OMG is to die for

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel hungry, my reflux is practically gone already

Worst part about being Primal: Am still a little worried I might drop dead from a coronary with all the fat i'm eating, is hard to undo the beliefs drilled into you over a lifetime!

thanks for reading

shinydragon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sheffield, UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Getting there, doing the food bit, working towards the rest.

Do you consume dairy: Still drink full-fat goat milk in my coffee, eat goat butter, making my own goat milk kefir. Allergic to cow's milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Turned down for fibromyalgia pain management help because of high BMI. Exhausted and in constant pain.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Cherries.

Best part about being Primal: Energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining why I'm not eating the bun.

MaryS is offline Junior Member
    Hello. My name is Mary. I live in Atlanta, GA. I am 48. I just finished Primal Blueprint and have just started my new primal journey. Today I took one step and it was totally primal. My goal is to be fully primal. I do not consume dairy. I drink one cup of coffee per day. I was motivated to switch to primal after readying Primal Blueprint which I just finished today. I was motivated to read the book because I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease, Adrenal Stress and hormonal imbalance. I worked out so hard for so long to stay thin, that I burned out my adrenals. I used prescription diet pills to keep from eating. I am now trying to let my body heal naturally. I found a great team of Naturopathic Medial Doctors who have perscribed the right amount of supplements and naturopathic alternatives. I am on my way to having energy, vitality and health again. My favorite exerise is Swimming. My favorite primal food is chicken. The best part about being primal is feeling good. The worst part about being primal is giving up carbs. I am currently eating a gluten free diet with no dairy or soy. I love how I feel without it.

Bonox75 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Australia

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you:2 weeks in

Do you consume dairy:Milk in my morning coffee, youghurt when at work

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee in the morning, herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:20kgs overweight, exercising/low fat diet produced no weight loss - no gain, but no loss either

Favorite exercise:Exercise is my bain, drop sugar - easy, drop grains - easy, exercise? still trying to overcome the mental litany of I can't do this - doesn't stop me from doing it, but I don't enjoy it!!

Favorite Primal food:Made some yummy meat and spinich muffins, I throw one in my handbag if I go out just incase I'm not home for lunch

Best part about being Primal:I'm feeling really great. no more tummy cramps or bloating!

Worst part about being Primal:exercise!! hahahaha, and if hunger strikes when I'm out

mickeysahadi is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lakewood

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Just getting started. trying to maintain a good balance with very low carb. intake. will become better after learning how to shop correctly and make better selections.

Do you consume dairy:yes, Cheese, eggs, and more eggs, yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea:1 to 2 cups of coffee and 1 to 2 cups of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight control and better living.

Favorite exercise:walking, hiking

Favorite Primal food:Prime Rib

Best part about being Primal:More Prime Rib

Worst part about being Primal:cost of Prime Rib

Grok_Solid is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Carolina

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: 99/1 (Very rarely do will I eat anything but primal)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but in small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee, on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was tired of following conventional diets with little success. With primal eating, I never go hungry, can enjoy meat of all kinds (my favorite), and still be in top shape! Plus the whole better chance of living longer, whatever that means to the average person

Favorite exercise: Pullups

Favorite Primal food: A fatty, juicy, high-quality steak, preferably large

Best part about being Primal: My joint pain, possibly due to inflammation from excessive carb intake, has disappeared entirely. I feel like a kid again! haha

Worst part about being Primal: Those moments where you just crave something with 10,000+ grams of sugar but DONT need it.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't accept them and wait for blackberries."-me