Page 395 of 625 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445495 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 6241

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 395

tracy. is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi from Georgia! My name is Tracy, I'm a wife and mom of 4 from Lawrenceville, GA (metro Atlanta area). I recently bought the 21 day Total Body Transformation, The Primal Blueprint & Wheat Belly. I've read all three (with much of it read aloud to my husband) and we are both committed to this healthier way of life. We, along with our 21 yr old daughter, started the 21 day transformation yesterday. Our three younger children (ages 12, 8 & 6) are eating GF and having very little sugar at home, but I know this will change with school lunch when school starts back up. We are all feeling better since dumping the processed foods and we've only been eating GF for about a month! I noticed an improvement in how I felt within just a few days.

Your location: Georgia, USA...metro Atlanta area

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: I'm not sure how to answer this. I don't eat wheat, but I do have corn from time to time. I'm more focused at this time on eating GF, whole foods with most of my meals and snacks being centered around protein and vegetables.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: tummy troubles for years, headaches, dieting with no success the way the "experts" told me to and always feeling groggy and sluggish

Favorite exercise: lifting weights (my daughter and I have started going to the gym together and I love the free weights!)

Favorite Primal food: steak- medium rare and a simple salad of tomatoes & avocado sprinkled with sea salt and drizzled with olive oil.

Best part about being Primal: how good I feel!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss a good sandwich sometimes, but not how I felt w/in 5 min of eating one.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Hampshire, England

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 90%, trying to improve

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black tea & coffee, no sugar or milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get in shape. It's also great to learn about and follow our ancestors

Favorite exercise: Sprints & football

Favorite Primal food: Anything off a BBQ

Best part about being Primal: Easier to control weight. More energy

Worst part about being Primal: High cost of quality meat

Paleo Gal is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 64

How Primal are you: Mostly except for the cream in my coffee in the morning and the occasional piece of cheese.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started by giving up gluten when I realized I as intolerant and went on from there.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: All the energy that I have now.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of anything. I feel so good eating this way that nothing else matters.

Running On Empty is offline Junior Member

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'm new to this - I've been eating more of a "nourishing Traditions life style for the past few years, and recently read the primal blueprint and decided to try it out. I'm currently almost 75% primal or so.

Do you consume dairy: In very limited amounts. Usually raw butter, cream, or cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 a day, no sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Many reasons, but I be3lieve that grains are just too difficult for me to process. I started with the Nourishing Traditions preparation methods for grains (such as soaked grains and sourdough) and now have just decided to eliminate them.

Favorite exercise: Running!

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, Deer, walnuts

Best part about being Primal: My stomach issues seem better already.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating with the family is difficult - I have 2 toddlers to cook for and husband who wants his grains!

JillMinks is offline Junior Member

Hi! Can't wait to live a primal lifestyle!

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Peoria IL

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes some

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    convinced its the way we should eat! I have arthritis in my family and allergies
    Favorite exercise: cycling and going to crossfit

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: feeling better than ever!

Worst part about being Primal:
    giving up tortilla chips and popcorn!

biancadonk is offline Junior Member

Hello!

Hi, I'm Bianca. I've been reading MDA for about a month now, ever since my mom sent me to it. She's been trying to get me to go primal for about a year. I'm a stay at home mom of two kids who are 1.5 and 2.5 now. I'm fairly comfortable with my body, but I would like to lose 10 - 15 lbs and be able to feel like I'm in excellent shape. I've also suffered from seizures since I was 7 years old. After being off meds for a few years, I had to go back on about a year ago because my husband and I felt like it would be unsafe for me to take care of our two babies alone with the risk that I could have a seizure. I've heard of low-gluten diets being prescribed for kids with intractable epilepsy, and I really want to see if that might work for me, so I could go off of my meds again.

Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Not very

Do you consume dairy: Yes...I love whole milk, cheese, and plain greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally, but I try to avoid caffeine cause it makes me feel icky

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose 10-15 lbs. of weight. I keep telling myself that this is residual "baby weight", but the truth is, I've felt slightly overweight since I was 14 or 15. Enough so I'm not super comfortable in a bikini, but not enough to have ever been super motivated to do anything. Also, now that I have two babies, I want to raise them with healthy mindsets about food, and hopefully prevent them from growing up with a terrible sweet tooth, like me.

Favorite exercise: I'm not a big gym person, so I try to get exercise in more game-y ways, like roughhousing with my kids, dancing, playing ultimate frisbee, etc.

Favorite Primal food: Good, old-fashioned steak.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure, cause I'm not really there yet!

Worst part about being Primal: Sweets cravings

MShelby is offline Junior Member
    My name is Mike, I have been a semi-obese guy most of my life. The only exception was when I was training MMA, at one point for a fight I got down to 154lbs, although due to the extreme methods to cut the weight for a fight I was "skinny fat". Post training I ballooned back up, and now currently weigh 225lbs, I am 5'7" so that is obviously not good. I had resolved to begin training and controlling my diet and shared with some friends, one of which suggested the Primal Blueprint and here I am. The concepts really do not seem all that revolutionary to me, in reality it all reads like common sense to me. Yet somehow we just ignore that common sense and do not live that way. The nice thing was when reading it, it all made sense, and makes it easier to just jump in and follow it. My major goal is to get healthy and get off of my blood pressure medication, and my cholesterol medication. I also take thyroid meds which I don't see going away anytime soon, and also I take medication for being bi-polar. While the last two seem like something I would be stuck on for the rest of my life, who knows, maybe with good clean and proper "Primal" eating my body will balance itself out and I wont have to take any meds. That would be ideal.

Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Just starting, learning more everyday. I look at everything with the question "Would Grok eat it?"

Do you consume dairy: Not so far since I only started a couple days ago, but I would imagine I probably will on some level.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee on occassion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm overweight, and really it just makes sense when you think about it.

Favorite exercise: I love deadlifts, and benchpress.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: It's easy to explain to people, contrary to other eating lifestyles or diets, this literally makes the most sense and it is easy to defend. Plus I love meat.

Worst part about being Primal: Is there such a thing? I guess if I had to pick a "worst" part it would be just be the retraining my brain to stop with current day "conventional" thinking, although its really "unconventional" in nature, and think Primal.

Martha Eve is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Charlotte, NC

Age (If you want): 70

How Primal are you: 90%???

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Iced coffee, cold brewed.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Inability to control my blood glucose ... and it worked!

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: three actually; rib eye steak, snails in butter and garlic, and salmon with lemon

Best part about being Primal: after 50 years of cooking for my family, it's a delight to cook so simply. Everything comes together quickly, no worries about setting out 'sides.'

Worst part about being Primal: I was a good baker ... and loved breads. The physical action of working the bread was like meditation for me. Thinking about it, I do actually miss the activity more than the eating. But the very worst thing about being Primal is that I've come to this Primal life so late in my own life. 70 years of grains and legumes and processed foods is a lot of bodily damage.

ApexPredator is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Atlanta, GA (in the southeastern USA)

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you:Just beginning. Really, the only thing I've had much success with is the barefoot transition. The rest is coming SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY.

Do you consume dairy:Currently, but I have cut back. The only things I'm having trouble with now are occasional butter and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope.

Motivator for switching to Primal:My health and fitness. I'm overweight, out of shape, etc. Need to change it.

Favorite exercise:Shovelglove! Also, barefoot anything.

Favorite Primal food:scrambled ggs with shredded ham and bacon.

Best part about being Primal:Still new, so most of it's a work in progress, but my favorite part is my barefoot hiking.

Worst part about being Primal:Struggling to adjust my eating patterns, and forcing myself to remember I don't have to do cardio every day to be healthy.

opticyellow is offline Junior Member
    Hello all I'm 'opticyellow' like the message on the can of tennis balls. I'm exploring the primal blueprint to address an growing issue with candida overgrowth which I believe I am suffering from.

Your location: California

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Not very just yet.

Do you consume dairy: You mean today? Yes, but I know it's not good for me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: The milk I should not be consuming is for the coffee I also should (at least) cut down on!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health Reasons

Favorite exercise: Golf, Tennis, Cycling, Walking, tough to narrow down really.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet, steak??

Best part about being Primal: Living life without sugar excess.

Worst part about being Primal: Dietary limitations of foods I've come to to enjoy since a very young age.

So that's me in a nutshell!