Page 394 of 631 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444494 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 6309

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 394

MissP is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location:
    I'm from New Zealand and have been living in London for the last 10 years

Age (If you want): 40 this year!

How Primal are you: Started eating primally at Easter this year - have found that I haven't missed bread or cereal at all and if I have the right foods around will always prefer those.

Do you consume dairy: Yep - cream, yoghurt - have been only having goat's cheese but am going to try cutting that out

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yep - one morning coffee and an afternoonish tea
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Was feeling tired all the time and gaining weight.
    Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: roasted sea bass

Best part about being Primal: getting sense of smell back! feeling refreshed after sleep; losing weight; feeling calm and happy; more energetic...

I met my aunt last week and she said she is converted just from looking at me I hadn't seen her since christmas and she commented on how slim I looked - told her about MDA - by the time we ordered dinner she asked me what she should order and when the waiter asked if we would like the bread basket she smiled and said no thanks...

Worst part about being Primal: None - just knowing that people you care about could feel better if they would try it.

fatlapcat is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Island New Zealand

Age (If you want): 45 - 46 soon

How Primal are you: Maybe about 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yup, lots of good dairy here in NZ - cream, organic whole yogurt, an occasional bit of milk in a flat white for a treat, some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mainly weak black tea and water decaf coffee twice a week, learning to do this with a bit of cream now rather than lots of milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was already heading there out of a passion for "real" food and a desire to be healthy for all of my life. Stumbled on Primal by accident and suddenly my bad reactions to carbohydrates made sense.

Favorite exercise: Walking, Yoga, Gardening

Favorite Primal food: All of it! Salmon, steak, venison, lots of veg - what's not to like

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling like I'm on a diet and now that the carb flu is over, although it was only mild as I didn't really eat carbs much anyway, the consistent energy levels. And not feeling guilty becasue I cook (and always have cooked) in butter and olive oil.

Worst part about being Primal: Going to friends and all the nibbles/food are a no-go, but I get so hungry I end up eating anyway and regretting it

rhiarti is offline Member
    Long since time I introduced myself... Hello!

Your location: Surrey, England

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: In terms of diet? Probably around 99%. Not through any kind of virtuous behaviour, I hasten to add! I've just been really lucky in finding, if I keep my fat intake high enough, I've totally lost all taste for pretty much all pre-Primal "treats".

Do you consume dairy: By preference, no, but I do so love starting the day with buttered coffee! Still working on a viable alternative to that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both, and both in moderation.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, initially, but by the time I'd finished reading Primal Blueprint everything about the lifestyle felt totally aligned with my own ethos. Health and happiness is probably the best summary now.

Favorite exercise: Walking, hiking, wind sprints, dancing, strength training, weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: It's all delicious!

Best part about being Primal: Abundant energy and excellent health.

Worst part about being Primal: None of my friends can keep up with me! Hardly something to complain about, but it's genuinely the only frustration I've found with Primal. Needs me some Primal playmates...

Artichoke is offline Senior Member

How Primal are you ? I was 100% Primal diet-wise and didn't realise it until reading on here yesterday !

Do you consume dairy ? Yes

Do you drink tea and coffee ? Yes but no fruit teas because of hidden sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: To improve Type 2 diabetes.

Favourite exercise: Rowing machine

Favourite Primal food: roasted Gressingham duck legs

Best part about being Primal: Normal blood sugar

Worst part about being Primal: Shopping

Elsielou is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lancashire, UK

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: about 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes, I love cheese! Have cut down majorly though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm a teacher - we live off coffee!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: to lose 20lbs or so, to get fitter

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: not feeling bloated and sluggish

Worst part about being Primal: having to plan ahead for meals out, functions etc

ownland is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alabama, USA

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: about 90%

Do you consume dairy: Not since going primal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black coffee and also green tea; sometimes other flavors, too -- this one place where I am not 100% primal as I like my fruit-flavored Turkey Hill brand (diet only) teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, simplify life, get in shape.

Favorite exercise: Right now, a circuit routine of deep knee bends /squats, stair steps, declined jack-knife crunches, and dumbbell side raises.

Favorite Primal food: Most garden fresh veggies, still experimenting with meats to find my favorite. Almond butter rocks!

Best part about being Primal: Food flavors seem to have come alive

Worst part about being Primal: Shopping for food, family not totally on board with food choices, but working on it.

I have been doing the 'primal thing' for about a month now. I have lost 18 lbs so far.

rantingredneck is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you ? About 90% working toward 100.......

Do you consume dairy ? Yes, in small amounts (cream in coffee, occasional Greek yogurt)

Do you drink tea and coffee ? Coffee yes, tea rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Drop weight and LGN

Favourite exercise: Walking with the family

Favourite Primal food: Grilled chicken brushed with olive oil and lemon

Best part about being Primal: No carb crashes!

Worst part about being Primal: Having a family that's not on board and being surrounded by non-primal foods!

My weight has been on an upward curve the older I get. In the 20 years since graduating high school I've gained 50LBS! I just started going primal about a week ago. In that time I'm down from 234 to 224, with no sense of hunger or deprivation.

Primal Pamme is offline Member

Intro to me

Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: About 80% working on 90%

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea. I hate coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband, Mark, has been primal for over a year. He was in great shape before, but on the primal diet, he lost that last 15 pounds and was making gains in his lifting that he never thought he could make. At 50, he was getting definition he had never had, not even as a competitive power lifter in his younger years. At home, I was mostly primal, but otherwise, I still consumed wheat under Mark's disapproving eyes. About two months ago, I found out that some close family members had developed diabetes. This really scared me as I was already at a high risk for developing it, because I had gestational diabetes with my first child. I was in pretty good shape, but was/am still overweight and have not been able to keep it off when I loose it. So, I went on the Blood Sugar Solution Diet to kick my sugar addiction (it provided the structure I needed and is even more strict than primal), which I did mostly, and now I am on the primal for the rest of my life.

Favorite exercise: T'ai Chi

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: Mental clarity

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to people who think it is just another fad, and dealing with people who resent my progress, because they have not made any progress by following conventional wisdom.

Ian Connel is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Saint Paul, MN

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Fairly

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: A friend I respected for being informed lost weight and felt better. Also I read "Why We Get Fat, And What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes. Then I was sold.

Favorite exercise: Kickboxing at Warrior's Cove

Favorite Primal food: Pork

Best part about being Primal: No more roller coaster ride grumpiness! Also feel better and am thinner.

Worst part about being Primal: Lots of cooking and planning. Also costlier.

lightning7999 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Not very, this is the beginning of my new adventure.

Do you consume dairy: Right now, yes. But I'm starting the primal lifestyle so I will be cutting that out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee on occasion and I do drink Iced Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've had 3 heart surgeries and am the father of 2 boys. I want to be around, and healthy, to enjoy them as they live their livesí.

Favorite exercise: I love hiking. I used to be an avid hiker, including several week and month long trips living off the land.

Favorite Primal food: I love wild game, deer and bear.....that sort of thing.

Best part about being Primal: I will have to see as I go along.

Worst part about being Primal: We will see.