Page 392 of 626 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442492 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 6256

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 392

Loulou is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Meridian, ID

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you: 99%, I am trying to stay as close as possible but being new I make mistakes of course.

Do you consume dairy: a little bit of cheese, mmm Gouda, but I find I feel better if I stay away from all dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feel great all the time. Plus I find normal habits are weird

Favorite exercise: Hiking, walking my dog, light jogs.

Favorite Primal food: Beef of all kinds, filet mignon wrapped in bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling awesome inside and out and way more energetic than I have ever felt before!

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far cause I feel so great

GeoMike is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you: I think that I'm more or less with it 100%. I'm sure I've made mistakes somewhere and will make them again, but I'm really enjoying the whole process!

Do you consume dairy: I cook with ghee on occasion (which should contain no or very little milk sugars/proteins). Other than that, I've been dairy free since I went primal on May 24, 2012.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Perhaps one cup of coffee per week -- with a hefty spoonful of coconut oil when I do partake! I've had maybe two cups of unsweetened green tea in the past month.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I met all the diagnostic criteria for metabolic syndrome. I was a vegetarian and my doctor told me to eat less meat and fried foods! I figured that either something was wrong with me or my diet; not necessarily that those two options were completely independent. I felt lousy all the time. I couldn't reason or memorize information as easily as I was able to just a few years ago. No matter how much I exercised and how little fat I consumed, I simply could not lose weight. Finally, I just lacked confidence in myself. After doing some pretty extensive research in various peer-reviewed medical journals, I eventually came across Gary Taubes's Good Calories, Bad Calories. From there I wandered on to Mark's Daily Apple (where I've spent countless hours). Finally, I read The Primal Blueprint.

Favorite exercise: My wife and I go for an hour-long walk every day to some part of our city that we haven't yet explored. We have a great time doing this!

Favorite Primal food: Well, bacon. Also, bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs fried up in coconut oil and doused with some kind of spicy sauce that contains very few ingredients. Think: peppers, vinegar, salt.

Best part about being Primal: In the past month I've lost 18 pounds. I never thought I would be under 200 pounds again -- but now I'm within striking distance. Just three pounds to go! Plus, I don't kill myself working out. My joints feel good for a change. My childhood asthma, which had come back with a vengeance a few years back, completely disappeared just a few days after I cut out grains and dairy. My laryngopharyngeal reflux disease seems to have gone away and I no longer have to consume bottles upon bottles of omeprazole. Finally, I'm actually starting to feel good about myself again. It sounds a bit wimpy I guess, but I haven't really felt good about myself in a long time.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far. I feel better than I've felt in years. Sometimes I worry that it's all been a dream and that I will wake up tomorrow with twenty pounds back, unable to breathe, and clearing all sorts of nasty phlegm for the first several hours after I awake. I don't want that to happen. I love eating like this. I love taking walks with my wife. I love feeling good, and I love the amount of support that people give eachother on these forums and within this community in general. I've been documenting my vitals and measurement every morning for the past month and hope to have some really great data and charts to share with everyone over the next couple of months.

lumarvl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Moultonborough, NH

How Primal are you: 90/10 - 95/5

Do you consume dairy: Butter, cheese, may include whole milk to gain muscle.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, preferably green.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long-term health and longevity, as well as "looking good naked".

Favorite exercise: Pushup variations.

Favorite Primal food: Veggie omelet w/ sausage/bacon and feta cheese.

Best part about being Primal: Sustained energy, no need to snack, filling meals, weight is great, knowing I'm adding longevity to my life.

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to feel satisfied with restaurant choices and inconvenient for parents or friends parents to supply me with appropriate food. Most don't understand why I don't eat corn, grain, starchy carbs, legumes, and most meals contain them.

twmv is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Los Gatos, California

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Just started last week. Prior to that, I was the opposite of primal. All carbs, all the time.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though I've cut back dramatically since starting the PB. Still use cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both, but have cut back on coffee considerably since going PB. No serious withdrawal symptoms.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to live healthier.

Favorite exercise: I'm a marathon runner. I enjoy running and do it because I like it. I'm in it more for the mental challenge/benefits than the physical. I started running back in HS.

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye steak.

Best part about being Primal: It has not been hard to transition into.

Worst part about being Primal: I love Indian food and curries with rice. I also plan to keep running, though I have naturally slowed down with age. I will try to stay at or below 75% of max heart rate.

dutchess759 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: DFW, Texas

Age (If you want): pushin' 30

How Primal are you: about 90%?

Do you consume dairy: Still using creamer in the coffee, butter occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Too much coffee, getting to work at 6am makes it kinda neccessary

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want a hot body!

Favorite exercise: I've been doing crossfit for about 3 weeks and I'm absolutely hooked

Favorite Primal food: I love to dig in my fridge and make something up. Not to mention I love veggies!

Best part about being Primal: My energy level has skyrocketed! Fatigue that has plagued me for years is virtually gone.

Worst part about being Primal: Nobody else gets it! Coworkers look at my lunch and go "wtf?"

chris meredith is offline Junior Member
    Hi, all,
    Your location: Stamford, England

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Mostly.

Do you consume dairy: Small quantities

Do you drink coffee or tea: Iím English - what do you think? ☺

Motivator for switching to Primal: Shifting 14lb of belly fat and hoping to improve my asthma.

Favorite exercise: long-distance walking.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb.

Best part about being Primal:Feeling good.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to deal with the anxiety caused by going against years of indoctrination into the standard diet beliefs. Iím convinced of the fundamental soundness of the paleo. diet, but I canít quite shake off the fear caused by the Ďif you eat meat and fat, youíre going to die horriblyí message thatís dominated dietary discourse for the last 30 years. Any thoughts, people?
    Chris.

Glenn70 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: just about to start but have been eating meat, fish, fruit and vegies for many years.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but will most likely stop soon as just received Mark's book.

Do you drink coffee or tea: as above.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, fatigue levels, spending as much time alive to see my little girl grow up and meet my grand kids. etc.

Favorite exercise: anything invlovong chest and biceps.

Favorite Primal food: fresh salmon and lean beef.

Best part about being Primal: Cannot answer this at this early stage.

Worst part about being Primal: obviously enjoying chocolate and dairy.

primalhippie is offline Junior Member
    Hello! My (primal) goal in life is to be totally hot and tan and be able to bench press my boyfriend. I would also like to be able to walk on my hands. I would like to be able to be in control of my happiness and health without the aid of manufactured pharmaceuticals. I want to feel good and have lots of energy and live (forever) a very long time while maintaining a reasonable amount of these things the entire time. I believe that living primally will get me there.

Your location: Hot, dusty West, TX.

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I would say about 50% of the time for the last several months interspersed with periods of 90-100% and small periods of 0-10%. Probably would look like some sort of bell curve if you graphed it the right way...I really, REALLY, want to work on this though and get myself to float between 80-100% ALL the time with maybe some (very) occasional off-primal treat sessions if something comes up.

Do you consume dairy: I've done dairy and no dairy and I do pretty well with either except for the lack of butter on the no dairy track. When I am consuming dairy (primally, not ice cream and cheese pizza) it is generally only grass-fed butter, heavy whipping cream or half and half for coffee, maybe some VERY occasional cheese).

Do you drink coffee or tea: I LOVE coffee, I drink it almost every day. I have some iced or hot tea very occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well, I really would like to lose some (quite a bit of) weight. That was probably my initial motivator in discovering primal/paleo everything, but once I found it the other benefits, of just not the diet, other lifestyle factors as well, have really started to be way up there on the goals list. I also feel amazing when I'm eating primally as compared to eating a very sad SAD diet. And it just makes total sense to me in pretty much every aspect.

Favorite exercise: The kind you get when you're playing, most fun with my energetic niece and my just as energetic puppy.

Favorite Primal food: Just one!? Well since lots of people seem to go with steak (so it's practically a given), and bacon is as well, obviously, I'm going to go with sweet potatoes on this one. (Especially with about half a stick of butter on it)

Best part about being Primal: Having the energy to just about keep up with my niece and my puppy. The total lack of feeling like crud is rather nice.

Worst part about being Primal: That I can't seem to stick it out just yet. Still dealing with a lot of emotional attachments to food as well as what seem to be some pretty strong (food) addictions (white, powdery stuff). That money seems to get in the way of me feeling good and being healthy all the time (running out of food and having to depend on well-meaning (non-primal) family and friends to eat during tough times), and sometimes all the cooking makes me want to bang my head against a tree (microwave upbringing). But I just know that it is all totally worth it from the long stints I've had on it so I will continue striving to be a total Grokette

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Atlanta Ga USA

Age (If you want): 47 in 3 weeks

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: yes, I love me some European & Amish cheeses few times a week esp in omelets & burgers, enjoy daily Kerrygold unsalted butter - about a stick a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: some green tea, some coffee, cannot handle caffeine on a daily basis due to sleep sensitivities

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, longevity & beach body

Favorite exercise: swimming & hiking

Favorite Primal food: Big 'ol rare/med rare grass-fed, organic hamburger w/ onions grilled in Kerrygold butter

Best part about being Primal: Looking good naked, not having to worry about counting calories or fretting over fat intake.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss bagels & decadent desserts

Your location: Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 95ish % give or take. Not all of my food is organic or local, but I try to take omega 3 pills to balance it out a little bit. Was already gluten free for about 8 months before starting, so the rest of it wasnt hard to adapt to.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter, and occasionally organic greek yogurt or cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally herbal tea. Never liked the taste of coffee. Timmies cappuccinos though, dont even get me started!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to lose weight, get healthy again, and also to beat my endometriosis. I have spent the last year waiting for surgery and have been in constant pain daily, where nothing will work to get rid of it. I was tired of being poked, prodded and pushed by CW that wasn't working.

Favorite exercise: Push ups, planks and squats. All kill, but the burn feels good

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal: My pains are barely there anymore. Increased energy... I'm starting to get my life back, and my family is noticing the huge change in me and are wanting to try it too.

Worst part about being Primal: Being known as the "picky eater" no matter who I'm with. Always feeling like I'm inconveniencing everyone else by not being able to eat where they want to go. Dealing with the comments about how I'm just going to make myself sick and fat from everything I'm eating.