Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 391

Bess58 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: 85 %

Do you consume dairy: only hard cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: when I started 5 years ago, following a sort of "stone age diet": weight loss; now: keeping my diabetes under control

Favorite exercise: weight lifting (machines, not free weights)

Favorite Primal food: Never get tired of eggs!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling healthy at my age, blood sugar control, no aches and pains whatsoever.

Worst part about being Primal: Always being the "odd woman out" when eating with family and friends.

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    Your location: California

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Grain free, and wading into the rest of it. Primal since June 18, 2012.

Do you consume dairy: Heavy whipping cream in my coffee; some soft cheese when I need an indulgence.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It sounds fun and attractive. I heard about wheat-driven chronic inflammation and wondered if I was living with it. I'd love to avoid getting Type II diabetes.

Favorite exercise: I'm working on my pull ups and loving it!

Favorite Primal food: Incredibly interesting salads.

Best part about being Primal: Getting in touch with my inner wild animal and being reconnected with my body.

Worst part about being Primal: Justifying it to others.
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Spassmeister is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Del Mar, CA

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Since last Sunday (June 17) I'd say 90%...maybe higher. I assume the first week's the easiest

Do you consume dairy: some cheese in my omelets, some cream in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1-2 cups/day

Motivator for switching to Primal: What I'm learning is likely the wrong reason - to get to my "racing weight" faster. I've done 5 Ironman Triathlons and a few marathons on top of that. I was trying to break 3 hours in my last marathon (CIM - Dec 2011) but failed poorly and ended up at 3:14. I became depressed and gained weight. I then skipped doing IM Austria (next weekend) and decided to do the Berlin Marathon about the first of October. I need to get to 165 and i'm at 175 now. nothing has worked for years. I LOVED cookies...my weakness. Well, all sweets. After years I realized that you cannot "train your way out of a bad diet" and had been using Mark's "Damage Control Master Formula" vitamins for years. So I made a commitment to adopt the Primal plan for the rest of my life - which has been a week so far. And...so far so good. It has not been even a little hard.

Favorite exercise: When i'm fit, running. This week it's been biking. I like to swim by i'm slow. It's such pleasure to swim 2 miles in La Jolla cove in the summer -the best. I'm used to finishing last - but the good part - when you are a slow swimmer it's easy to find your bike in T1...and you get to pass lots of people the rest of the way.

Favorite Primal food: cardiff crack...love the seaside market!

Best part about being Primal: no cravings - yet.

Worst part about being Primal: i miss the decadence of a gooey chocolate chip cookie.

Loraine2271 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Western Australia

Age (If you want): over 60

How Primal are you: I love meat, fish and some veggies and fruit

Do you consume dairy: about 100ml milk per day in tea and coffee, butter some cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to become healthier and slimmer

Favorite exercise: walking my dog

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Less worries about what foods to eat

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure of any yet

Bare is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Eagle Pass ,Texas

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: I have been primal for 6 days . I started eating strictly seeds about 3 to 4 maybe more hand fulls a day and fruits like an orange 1 sometimes 2 a day, a apple same frequency. Any other type of fruit i come along like peaches every once in a while, when I come in contact with grapes I eat many. I eat alot of carrots, sometimes berries. I eat bananas often, sometimes every day.I eat my tuna every other day, I do consume 1 or 2 fish oil tablets daily. Former Orange Traid Multivitamins user. Lately i had go for canned beef strew had carrots , potatoes, Meat, it was very soupy. It was labeled gluten free,I come to not very much options other than to consume what I usually consume. I am open to add new veggies and wiser fruits to my primal diet. I sprint and hike 2 times a week, I always stride to hike around 4 miles through the toughest route I find. I usually 90% sprint on my hikes not by intervals but whenever i feel a rush. I do regular push ups, but also diamond when my recovery allows me too.

Do you consume dairy: I did consume diary before starting primal diet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Optimal survival

Favorite exercise: Push up

Favorite Primal food: Beef , Steak, and apples

Best part about being Primal: I feel complete

Worst part about being Primal: Restriction of my favorite junk food Flaming Hot Cheetos

Mhorgan146 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wilmington, DE

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: I'd say 70-75%

Do you consume dairy: Some Whey, Casein, and occasionally cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep, love coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: better health

-Mike

Favorite exercise: Anything, love running, biking, weight training, and even walking

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye steak, or Prime Rib

Best part about being Primal: Eating meat!

Worst part about being Primal: Cutting out sweets, sugar is, without a doubt, the most addictive substance on the planet!

Rich Capalbo is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 64

How Primal are you: 95% (very consistent at home, observant, but not a stickler when eating out)

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream in coffee or with berries (half and half when out) Cheese on Saturdays along with some fruit consumption.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Kind of evolved here over years dealing with weight, wheat intolerance, joint pain, Doctor who advocates primal.

Favorite exercise: Weights-Dead lift, bicycling, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Greens from my garden (Bacon is a given, right, along with the pork and grass fed beef I have access to from a friend/source in Wisconsin)

Best part about being Primal: been able to throw away the "Vitamin I" (Ibuprofen)

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't run into the worst part yet.

Billy The Squid is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Pittsnburgh, PA

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: I've switched to about a 90% primal diet but only since Thursday of last week so it is 6 days on now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes... cheese, milk, kefir, yogurt, butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both but mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, fitness, hope to not feel bloated,

Favorite exercise: running. I do long distance. Training for marathon currently.

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: So far I have eaten like a pig and lost weight. Fun conceptually.

Worst part about being Primal: What do I do with my breadmaker? It's been banished to the basement.

I think also that I've gone thru some feelings of fatigue and muddled-headedness. I had cravings only this past day or so. I'm still learning what the variety of foods I'll eat will be. I like this more than Atkins, which I did about ten years ago because there is fruit and potatoes in moderation and I think that's better. Also, I think of this as a lifestyle change more than a diet. I've always been attracted to meditation and this fits. I've found some posts about blue light and sleep intriguing. I find some advice like not washing hands scary... I work in the healthcare field. I've found some acceptance of the PB from family but I'm trying not to push... I do my own thing.

Your location: Norfolk ,UK

Age (If you want):59

How Primal are you:I'm starting to take it seriously

Do you consume dairy:some, but not as much as I used to. Used to be a dairy farmer, drank gallons of raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea:I drink Clipper organic decaf. cutting that somewhat as really like it slightly sweet ,so no sweetener no coffee.Ive knocked tea in the head as I like milk in it,

Motivator for switching to Primal:I like my food straight, I dont want it messed with.

Favorite exercise:walking, gardening ,horse riding yoga

Favorite Primal food:sirloin steak or ribeye with lots of fat on.

Best part about being Primal:Can I leave these last two for a while ? Not sure how to answer.

Worst part about being Primal:

retiredff is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: SE of Indianapolis, IN

Age (If you want): old enough to draw SS

How Primal are you: just started 30 days ago. I didn't know what primal was until I found this site and found I do 80% of this already

Do you consume dairy: cheese, milk on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee black

Motivator for switching to Primal: after latest government finding on the dangers of statins, I started searching for the truth. took myself OFF statins after 15 years, made the mistake of going to my Doc and informing him of my decision and reasons, he ordered a lipid test (NOT VAP) and guess what! in 30 days my Total Cholesterol went up 90 points. He suggested I return to my statin dosage! I decided to research more and found having a lipid test so soon after quitting statins was a bad idea. The results would not be accurate. I know better now. I informed him of my current diet, and I wanted a VAP in 6 months.

Favorite exercise: stretching, riding my bicycle.

Favorite Primal food: Deer, Buffalo, Beef or fresh caught crappie!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better just in 30 days.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found anything yet. We eat out some, but more restaurants have a low carb menu items.

Anyone suggest having a VAP sooner than 6 months or is there a length of time to retest after stopping statins?

Tony