Page 389 of 629 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 6286

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 389

ManCow is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Just getting started, day three on Primal.

Do you consume dairy: On occasion.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup coffee in morning heavy cream, no sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did not want to die! Seriously. I am so out of shape it is pathetic. I've had a host of weight related illnesses: asthma, heartburn, blood pressure. I'm sick of feeling like crap all the time, no energy, no get up and go, and I hate all the diets I've tried before. So far I'm loving Primal.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak, primal vegies, bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat a good size portion of primal foods and not feel guilty!! Yes, that's me.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer!!

elsen harw7871rc is offline Junior Member

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    The skinny on this minnie:
    Your location: Melbourne
    How Primal are you: pretty primal
    Do you consume dairy: yes
    Do you drink coffee or tea: yes
    Motivator for switching to Primal: it made sense to me, I'm not good with carbs
    Favourite exercise: Walking, walking and more walking
    Favourite Primal food: Almost all food is my favourite food.
    Best part about being Primal: Gay Panda
    Worst part about being Primal: I miss Mexican food a fair bit. I like beans.

debxonick is offline Junior Member
    Hello, Greetings from Portland OR
    Just getting started on here..realizing carbs and sugar are my enemy. Maybe this is a way for me to kick the habit and be accountable.
    Will be dropping in more..
    thanks ! Deb

debxonick is offline Junior Member
    The skinny on this minnie:
    Your location: Portland, OR
    How Primal are you: as of today...pretty primal
    Do you consume dairy: yes
    Do you drink coffee or tea: yes
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm not good with carbs..there is a direct link to my emotions through carbs & sugar and I ain't having it!!
    Favourite exercise: Bikram Yoga
    Favourite Primal food: not sure just yet
    Best part about being Primal: ditto above
    Worst part about being Primal: I freaking love pancakes & waffles

bsmith35 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Columbus, Ohio

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Pretty Primal, at least 97% (over the last two weeks anyway)

Do you consume dairy:

Yes but only in small amounts (heavy cream maybe once a week, cheese maybe once a day at most)

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Coffee - decaf usually - caffeine gives me heart palpitations (or at least combined with tobacoo it did)

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Wow...so many reasons. When I graduated I weighed around 140 lbs. Not long after graduation I was put on meds for anxiety and depression. This caused my weight to balloon to 190 lbs within a year. Within the last year or so I have made a lot of changes in my health...stopped using tobacoo, limited alochol to virtually none, and now I want to look and feel better about myself. I started at 177 lbs and as of yesterday I'm down to 166. Feeling much better and loving life!

Favorite exercise:

Swimming or Pull ups (hard as hell but I love to see myself improve)

Favorite Primal food:

Meat

Best part about being Primal:

Being aware of the crap I use to allow in my body. Being aware of the world around me and I can either engage or ignore it.

Worst part about being Primal:

Being at the firehouse during meal time. I hate not eating the same meal as the guys but what they eat makes me want to throw up.

Mrs. T is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone! I'm very new here, so here are the basics:

Your location: outside of Boulder, CO

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm currently 3 days in and have been 100% in those 3 days . I'm striving for 80-85% with a pat on the back if I do better than that.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in moderation. I don't seem to have an ill-effects from consuming dairy, so I'm keeping a small amount of cheese and whole milk around. Considering the amount of dairy that I would consume on a daily basis just a few weeks ago, I've cut down drastically (0-1 servings a day).

Do you drink coffee or tea: I've been caffeine free since April 2011, so I only drink herbal teas. Since 2008 I've gotten routine migraines (3-4/month), and cutting out caffeine dropped that number down to maybe 1/month, so I'm not going back to coffee now! I'm hoping this lifestyle change will help eradicate the pesky buggers for good.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My mom has had type 2 diabetes for about 6 years, and in January my dad was diagnosed with it as well. Along with a history of HTN for both of them and heart disease with my dad, my family history doesn't look too hot. I've been researching ways to re-write my future, and I'm hoping this is the key. Oh, and I began doing Crossfit in February, which is where I first heard of anything Paelo--that instigated a google search which lead me here.

Favorite exercise: hiking--I live in CO ya'll!

Favorite Primal food: uncured, organic bacon

Best part about being Primal: Haven't figured that out yet (it's only been 3 days!). I was a vegetarian for 3 years in an attempt to "get healthy" (yeah, stopped doing that when I realized all I was eating was grains and dairy!). My husband (an avid carnivore) would be so frustrated going to restaurants with me as eating out was usually a challenge. So far I like that I can pretty much eat anywhere (except McDonalds!) and get a chicken breast or steak and some veggies and be good. [Side note about Micky D's: out of extreme regret, Josh and I went to McDonald's a few months ago and sat in the restaurant. Besides how disgusting the place and food is, I was totally shocked to discover that there was no water tab at the drink station. You could get every flavor of soda and juice imaginable, but not a single drop of water. You could purchase a bottle from the counter, but that was your only hope at anything healthy at that place. I was done at that second....never again to return, no matter how desperate. I'd rather go hungry!]

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing what other people are doing to their body with the junk they eat, and knowing that I was doing the same thing to myself for so many years.

Rachaelle is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:Florida, Pembroke Pines

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you:Not at all..researching it

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea, ginger, peppermint,and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am a Ovo-piscetarian, I am wondering if I can do this as a Ovo-piscetarian. I am ready to change my life and be healthy and fit

Favorite exercise:Planks I know this is silly to some..but I couldn't even Plank two weeks ago!

Favorite Primal food:I don't know yet..I eat salmon, sardines, cod fish, yellow and red tail snapper..any fish that has scales..no shell fish and I love eggs.

Best part about being Primal:Looking forward to finding out

Worst part about being Primal:

matwelli is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Taranaki, New Zealand

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:sort of - started dieting following Tim Ferris (the 4 hour body) to win a challenge at work, lost 10kg in 4 weeks (about 22 lbs) the came to the realisation that the guidelines in his slow carb diet wernt far off a more paleo diet, just get rid of teh few remaining carbs ! working at the moment to find a replacement for some of teh things i like (such as pizza - getting some almond flour to sort that)

Do you consume dairy: only once a week on binge days (as per the current diet) but do eat cottage cheese at the moment (no lactose)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both coffee and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: looks like a natural progression from my current eating plan, towards healthy, sugar free living, and to act as a role model to my kids

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Dont know Yet

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating Doritos and dip

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Hello everyone!

My location: Northern Utah (no I'm not Mormon but some of my best friends are)

Age (If you want): 55 going on 35

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: I love cheese and live 10 miles from Beehive Cheese Co., which makes un-pasturized cheese from whole milk produced by local grass-fed cows!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, green tea, white tea, herb tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been about 70-75% Primal for the past several years without knowing what it was, and just a couple months ago found PB and read the book. Now I have even more reason to be Primal!

Favorite exercise: Crossfit = all of the above

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Broccoli. Lamb. Salad. Salmon. Raspberries. Wait, do I have to pick just one?

Best part about being Primal: It fits in with my plan for World Domination (which includes going skydiving when I'm 100)

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza without the crust.