Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 387

CoreyG76 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth Australia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea Black tea with milk unsweetened

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting healthy, Over weight constant joint pain and inflammation all gone thanks to being primal

Favorite exercise: Cross training Boxing pushups burpees squats.

Favorite Primal food: BACON!

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels are the best they have been in years no more joint pain.

Worst part about being Primal: I struggle with the no sweets and still slide on this looking at some paleo treats

katiepotato is offline Member
    Your location: Dubai, UAE (British expat)

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Only just started - 1 week in. I will probably include a small amount of 85% cocoa dark chocolate

Do you consume dairy: Not so far

Do you drink coffee or tea: switched to reduced amount of black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: not wanting to spend the whole of my adult life moaning about my weight!

Favourite exercise: swimming, jogging, resistance work, netball

Favourite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Already have more constant energy levels, feeling leaner and just healthier!

Worst part about being Primal: some (ahem) digestive issues as my body gets used to the change in food intake. Also, having to explain to people that "eating like a caveman" doesn't mean eating raw meat!

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Greetings, all.

I've been a signed-up follower of the blog for about 12mnths.

The Questions:

Your location: Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, England.

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: Slowly adjusting to the diet principles. Doubt I'll ever be totally primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Raw milk, mature/cottage cheeses, natural/plain yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes. Coffee, black with Cinnamon. Tea, leaf and nettle (and other 'herbals')

Motivator for switching to Primal: Never been comfortable with conventional wisdom nor fad diets

Favorite exercise:Body-weight, developing biomechanical-chain complexes.

Favorite Primal food: Seafood

Best part about being Primal:Enjoying quality food, exercise, life...

Worst part about being Primal: Finding out that something you buy, that appears to be relatively harmless, is full o'shit.

Wolffman201 is offline Junior Member
    Hello my name is Wolff and I'm an alc....just starting my primal diet...

Your location: Currently I'm in Afghanistan, heading back to NorCal in 3 months

Age (If you want): 26 at the end of July

How Primal are you: I am as Primal as I can possibly be with the government deciding what food is available to me : ( Haven't eaten a grain, dairy, sugar (the bad kind) in 2 days and feeling great

Do you consume dairy: Nope!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm currently drinking coffee...but I was at an Australian party last night until after midnight...I NEED it!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm on a quest to locate my bottom 2 abs...

Favorite exercise: LAR/BAR/FAR - Rotator cuff injury prevention exercise. AMAZING and gives you a good stretch

Favorite Primal food: FAT COLORFUL SALADS

Best part about being Primal: Knowing exactly what I'm going for when i enter the chow hall.

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of variety (out here)

Nice meeting you all!

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Hi I am Daniel

late 30s fireman, live in Sydney, been following this lifestyle for a while, and read forums for a while, thought I'd join in.

Ch623 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Carlos here,

Your location: Phoenix, AZ

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: All primal 90% of the time.

Do you consume dairy: No Dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: A lot less coffee now, started drinking unsweetend iced tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight, started off the with Belly Fat Cure, then started reading meandjorge blog, then read Wheat Belly, and stumbled over here.

Favorite exercise: Walking, riding bicycle, but I like squatting

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feel better, less tired

Worst part about being Primal: Temptations and ease of eating out

CarlaC is offline Member
    Hi Everyone!

Your location: Buffalo, NY

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: Down to 3T of HWC

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes.....

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight and stalled out on HF/LC!

Favorite exercise: none

Favorite Primal food: Steak, salmon, spinach

Best part about being Primal: Hope

Worst part about being Primal: letting go of denial and seeing what I really look like!

ReadytoBloom is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:
    New Jersey....Brooklyn girl at heart

Age (If you want): 55 and finally beginning to live.

How Primal are you:
    I don't know. I recently began eating gluten free. My heath improved tremendously but I know there are more issues that I need to address. I was directed to this site from an online friend who is also eating gluten free.

Do you consume dairy:
    No

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Green Tea..from a Korean market not from the grocery store.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I'm sick of being sick. Have been in pain, emotionally imbalanced, adhd...the list goes on and on for most of my life (age 12 best guess). Things progressed until I was until practically bed ridden every day. Unable to work, or have any sort of life. Cutting out just the gluten has made an enormous difference. But I started to notice when I eat NO grains I feel even better.

Favorite exercise:
    Walking now that I can.

Favorite Primal food:
    Can I only pick one? Love asparagus, all leafy greens, berries, nuts, fruits.

Best part about being Primal:
    I can LIVE for the first time in my life.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Other people's intolerance.

rainngirl is offline Junior Member
    I'm a 58 year old woman in Washington state.
    I'm mostly primal, but for some dark chocolate, since I don't like it well enough to go crazy with it. For fruit, I mostly just have berries and an occasional orange. For some reason lately, I've been craving Pringles of all things!! I hope it's just a short-lived phase. They can't possibly be good for me.
    I had to stop eating dairy when i found out I'm allergic to cow's milk. But now I have to find something for my coffee. Coconut milk sucks (for coffee purposes). I mostly drink decaf coffee, herbal tea and water... once in a while a Zero vitamin water.
    My motivation for going primal: just tired of feeling like crap and being in pain all the time. I've been a hard-core sugar adict for my whole life, was told I have fibromyalgia, and super overweight.
    Favorite exercise: I've been doing SuperSlow weight training, which is the only exercise I've ever stuck with and felt good about. I love being really strong, but desperately want to drop the weight.
    Favorite Primal food: Costo sells a great organic ground beef. I mix it with taco seasoning, black olives and a boatload of fresh spinach. It boils all down to a great dish.
    Best part about being Primal: Feeling a little better, walking better, my blood sugar has dropped from diabetes range to 94! Weight loss is extremely slow, but I also found out my hormones are all screwed up and other stuff I'm trying to fix with the help of a naturopath.
    Worst part about being Primal: The "look" people give me when I try to explain it. I also miss ice cream, but I can't be trusted to have "just a little." I also worry about getting bored with not enough variety.
    I'm happy to have found this site.

PPNaturopath is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone

I'm from Western Australia and I'm almost 4 weeks into Primal lifestyle

I've been a naturopath for almost 12 years, although haven't 'professionally' practiced for close to 5 years, I got disheartened by the supplementing nature of the industry and was the only real way to make money, so I changed course and am now post-grad after finishing a degree in politics in 2011. I'm studying humanitarian intervention in foreign countries - a long way from my naturopathic past but Primal/Paleo has reminded me of my original passion! (and maybe 'humanitarian intervention' has something related to 'dietary interventions' after all! haha) But my background in naturopathy has def helped a lot in understanding the rationale as well as the explanations of physiological processes.

I'm still psyching myself up for organ meats!! But I'd say I'm pretty close, maybe 90% primal- no refined sugar and 100% grain free, largely organic/grass fed meats, free range eggs, loads of yummy fats. Yes to a little dairy, mainly organic cheese and only small amounts. And relatively unprocessed foods - olive oil, coconut oil, tinned tomatoes are the processed foods I can think of that I consume regularly. No to coffee and only detox teas, various brands and white tea, loads of rainwater from my parents rain water tank (a blessing!) and quite a bit of San Pell mineral water.

Looong history of reactive hypoglycaemia - i just got fed up with it controlling my life in so many ways. Stumbled across paleo/primal, although I have heard it mentioned many times over the years - it was just time!

Fave food? two at the moment, bolognese sauce (mince, little carrot, onion, garlic, fresh herbs, tomatoes) over half a steamed head of broccoli. Other fave: salad with various lettuces, asparagus, fine chopped red cabbage, diced avocado with a dressing of roquefort cheese in olive oil. - I've only just discovered this and have had it three times in the last three days!

Worst part of primal: feeling so dedicated and into it and harassing my parents to change, to no avail (yet). I must be the most annoying daughter on earth. I will keep trying, haha. I feel like a religious missionary sometimes and it must annoy my friends but they smile and nod.

Best: feeling like i've found the key to the rest of my life as a healthy individual with my blood sugar (and various offshoots from that) under control - I thought it could never happen.

Fave exercise: just being active again and not being a slave to my blood sugar - treadmill, intervals, fitball, dancing around the lounge room.

Happy : )