Page 386 of 638 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 6373

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 386

secondclass is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Switzerland

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: not Super but Fairly Good.

Do you consume dairy: Milk in coffee, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: looked interesting and uncomplicated.

Favorite exercise: sprinting

Favorite Primal food: ...bacon...

Best part about being Primal: I've got loads of energy, but when it's time to sleep I just crash out.

Worst part about being Primal: lack of chicken sandwiches.

julie43 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Florida USA

Age (If you want):43

How Primal are you:maybe 50% just learning about it and just getting started

Do you consume dairyne no sugar added yougert in the morning with my insulin

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee 2-3 cups

Motivator for switching to Primal:I weigh 330, am in a wheelchair because I need knee surgery, have other medical issues-all ultimitely tied to my weight-I am suffering, and I am tired of it.

Favorite exercise:walking (with a crutch is what I can do)

Favorite Primal food:fish,bacon, steak

Best part about being Primal:meat

Worst part about being Primal:I like sandwiches

solerunner is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Reno

How Primal are you: 90% ish? Malbec is my weakness.

Do you consume dairy: Never

Do you drink coffee or tea: French Market with Chicory, black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several months of debilitating gut misery recently, however all tests (and there were many) pointed to perfect health. No answers from medical community and was simply desperate to try anything to feel good again.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak, spinach & bacon.

Best part about being Primal: No bloating and pain, or tachycardia from grains & other foods my body doesn't like.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss the flavor of hummus and naan bread

Ironman668 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas

How Primal are you: I'm not. Multiple false starts over last 2-3 years.

Do you consume dairy: only cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee. Lots of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: generally feel like crap, both physically and mentally.

Favorite exercise: Triathlon and CrossFit.

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: Improved physical and mental health.

Worst part about being Primal: My complete inability to demonstrate any measure of willpower.

CavemanNole is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Florida

How Primal are you: I'm not yet. I just discovered this stuff. I'm hoping to learn more about it and gather more information before I make a permanent decision

Do you consume dairy: yes, though not very often

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee every day (black), occasional iced tea with artificial sweetener

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to lose a significant amount of weight (at least 150 pounds), want to be healthier, want to be happier

Favorite exercise: hiking, swimming

Favorite Primal food: meat in general

Best part about being Primal: I'm not sure yet. I think it will be the weight loss and feeling better in general

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet

Heth is offline Member
    Your location: Tasmania, Australia (small island state to the south of mainland Australia)

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I've been eating Primal for 4 weeks. I do have moderation foods, like nuts and coffee with a little milk, but keep them a small part of my diet.

Do you consume dairy: I didn't at first, but I started having coffee again and was buying whole pastured unhomogonised and usually organic milk for my son and started having a little with coffee and I love it. I seem to be slightly lactose intolerant though so I don't think I'll get into dairy any further.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes as I said I'm drinking coffee, organic and unsweetened, 1-2 times a day. I love that the PB is flexible.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was happily eating vegan, with mainly brown rice, dates and lots of veggies, then I suddenly wanted to try paleo/primal when I had the thought that grains are such a civilisation food! So four weeks ago I bought and cooked for myself fresh meat for the first time in my life! And I never felt bad! Actually it felt great and I started to lose weight straight away and look glowy. Then I started to research what I was doing and now it just seems like the healthy thing to do.

Favorite exercise: walking barefoot on grass, useful garden/yard work and jumping.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken drumsticks, roasted with the skin, and hard-boiled eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling more satisfied! And all of the delicious food!

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling nervous about telling all my vegan and vegetarian family members and friends my change of lifestyle.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Spalding, Lincolnshire

Age (If you want): 62

How Primal are you: No wheat, oats, barley, and, very little rice or corn. Also reduced intake of legumes and potatoes.

Do you consume dairy: Milk in my tea, full fat yoghurt and cheeses although I have cut right down on the cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both but mostly tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Scales screaming at me to get off! Now it's more moving to a healthy lifestyle so's I can live a LOOOoooonnnggg time and still be healthy and active until I drop.

Favourite exercise: Walking into town and getting the shopping in a rucksack. I also use a rowing machine for HIT exercise. Now that I've seen Dr Doug McGuff's stuff, I'll be moving on to weight training HIT too.

Favourite Primal food: Meat.

Best part about being Primal:Can lose weight without being hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: No Marmite on toast at the weekends and no French stick with my cheese & red wine.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

NikkiJo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: N. Louisiana

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: All the way

Do you consume dairy: On cheat day only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes -- both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting healthy after kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma)...kidney removed 3/12/2012

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Duh! BACON!

Best part about being Primal: I feel so great...and for the first time in my life, I don't have black circles under my eyes!

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found one yet!

NikkiJo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    The Questions:

Your location: Spalding, Lincolnshire

Age (If you want): 62

How Primal are you: No wheat, oats, barley, and, very little rice or corn. Also reduced intake of legumes and potatoes.

Do you consume dairy: Milk in my tea, full fat yoghurt and cheeses although I have cut right down on the cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both but mostly tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Scales screaming at me to get off! Now it's more moving to a healthy lifestyle so's I can live a LOOOoooonnnggg time and still be healthy and active until I drop.

Favourite exercise: Walking into town and getting the shopping in a rucksack. I also use a rowing machine for HIT exercise. Now that I've seen Dr Doug McGuff's stuff, I'll be moving on to weight training HIT too.

Favourite Primal food: Meat.

Best part about being Primal:Can lose weight without being hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: No Marmite on toast at the weekends and no French stick with my cheese & red wine.
    My ancestors are Spaldings/Spauldings from Spalding, Lincolnshire! The first one came to the U.S. in 1519!

mati4004 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Buenos Aires, Argentina

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: 90%. i can't accomplish the 2do rule. i am all the day in the car, from house, to work, university, etc. (distancies are too long here)

Do you consume dairy: A little of cheese, and milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have started gym for two weeks, all my friends / trainers, said to me to eat 6 times a day, granola, pasta, rice etc. I have done this just for 1 week, on that weekend i felt so bad, some acne appeared in my face and my stomach was about collapse . I didn't feel better with this "6 times eating", in fact, i didn't see nothing about my "metabolism getting faster".
    I started to investigate when i found markdailyapple, my diet turned 180.

I have LgA immunodeficiency. I hope that this will change. I live with chronic sinuses and medicaments

Favorite exercise:lift weight, i do workout 3 times a week, just lifting weight.

Favorite Primal food: meat, and eggs ( my mum hates me when i do them in the morning haha)

Best part about being Primal: i feel better, don't have the hunger that i had.

Worst part about being Primal: When i have to explain people that grains are BAD. Here in Argentina, diet got a lot of corn oils, frits, and pasta, of course meat too. At least we have got great cows.

Hope that you can understand me, English is not my native language, im studying it twice a week.
    Respects from South America.