Page 384 of 620 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 6195

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 384

katsetaja is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location:

Age (If you want): Estonia

How Primal are you: for 4 days and went as "cold turkey" from carbs and sugar to primal food.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I like raw milk directly from local cows (donīt like store milk, it tastes like bleech...)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, green tea with a little bit of honey

Motivator for switching to Primal: To loose 15 kg and feel better. I have trouble sleeping (my brain does not switch off in nights and it been like this for years (time to time). But in the end of the last year it started to be daily thing so since then I am on Lyrica pills what will shut my brain off in nights. At least I can sleep now.

Favorite exercise: Being outside with my rabbits

Favorite Primal food: Donīt have it yet.

Best part about being Primal: Meats and veggies and donīt have to worry about the fats. So far I have been using mostly "light" fat things...

Worst part about being Primal: So far I have gained weight (since I started 4 days ago, I gained 1,4 kg 3,1 lb) instead of loosing it. So I am confused. Any help?

Your location: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Becomming more so everyday (1 month in)

Do you consume dairy: Not often, never really have. Just Milk, rarely cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, black and white, and lots of different herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'd been talking to people about it for years, didn't realise people did it until one of my friends sent me a link to he website!

Favorite exercise: Pull up, mainly because I'm rubbish at them! But I love a challenge!

Favorite Primal food: Now that's a tough one, but I'd have to say 18oz Rib-eye on the bone

Best part about being Primal: it's human

Worst part about being Primal: I pay for my mistakes more now lol! Unknowingly ate bad carbs yesterday and box am I feeling it!

Pollyanna12 is offline Member
    Your location: Surrey, United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: I've been about 90% since I started 6 weeks ago.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - cream, Greek yoghurt and raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yep, with full fat milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Increasing IBS, and I'd put on a lot of weight over the last couple of years. i was looking for a long term eating plan rather than a quick fix.

Favorite exercise: Walking my dog, but I also do some weights, cycling and a few sprints

Favorite Primal food: Almond butter. I never knew it existed before but it is ambrosia

Best part about being Primal: It seems entirely natural

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able (yet) to persuade my family to join me. I'm cooking a huge variety of different meals every day at present, as have a vegetarian, and a firm carb lover living with me.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Hello.
    First and foremost, I want you to forgive me if the way I'm expressing myself can seem a bit strange or unnatural sometimes. I am French and English is far from being my native speaking language. However I tend to be very interested in english speaking countries and culture so year after year I'm more and more fluent writing and speaking it. It's just not perfect at all.

So, some words about my humble self.

I am a 18 years old teenager, living in France in the south of Paris. The reason why I'm now here on this forum is a very, very long story. To sum it up a bit, about 2 years ago, I was very unsatisfied with the way my body looked. I was 15/16 at this time, and a particularly sedentary teenager, struggling with major headaches and self-confidence problems, and a kind of abnormal fatigability for a young man of my age.
    So as TV tells us all, if we want to be healthier, we have to move more.

I started to move more. MUCH more. My family bought a stationary bike and I did near to one hour of full intensity cardio on it every day during nearly 3 months. I wasn't very concerned at the time about my nutrition, I didn't know anything about lean body mass or health, I just stopped to eat what I thought was obviously bad for me like spoons of Nutella or several bowls of industrial cereals.
    I didn't ask myself too much question about it, as many teenagers would do. However, I lost a big amount of weight very quickly, and I wasn't that overweight to begin with. In fact, I was skinny fat and didn't start my puberty.

I lost nearly 15 kg (more than 30 lbs), and I realize now that it was also a fair amount of muscle mass.
    I stopped doing excessive cardio looking like a real anorexic, not the worst case of anorexia nervosa, but however, my body was extremely sick looking.
    At that time, I didn't feel tiredness. I decided that I had to gain some weight back and started to lift weights.
    But month after month, it became more and more intensive, and my training became a severe form of overtraining, pushing myself to exhaustion after I completed what was planned, to be assured that I "worked" hard enough.
    At the same time, I started to change the way I ate, and was influenced by many false informations we can find on the internet on several muscle buildings communities, eating a diet that was very high in carbohydrates (mostly grains) and very low in fat.
    The addition of these two factors led me to a serious state of overtraining and burnout.
    I struggled during many months to discover what I had.
    I thought it was depression at first, then we talked about adrenal fatigue...
    But after several tests and after battling with the doctors to be considered more seriously, having done many researches by myself in order to heal, I was diagnosed with a very extreme state of diet and overtraining-induced hypogonadism.

I'm now treated with Androtardyl 250 mg (Testosterone enanthate) every 3 weeks. It's been nearly 3 months now. But the treatment only worked when I decided to embrace totally my healing process. Because of my horrible hormonal condition, I had developed many forms of disorders, close to some eating disorders, very strange and mind-jailing rituals. I decided to totally change this, and my mind set.
    I discovered the Paleo philosophy, I knew about it already, but never had the "courage" to try it. I never thought it was for me. I was afraid of change, I was afraid of fat, I was afraid of trying things that weren't majorly practiced.
    But I tried it, because I felt I had nothing left to loose.
    And it changed my life, totally.
    We also discovered that my hormonal imbalance was already present before my overtraining and my nutritional mistakes, I had naturally a low-normal to low testosterone level and a high level of cortisol, explaining many of the symptoms of my early teens (pear/hourglass shaped and very soft looking body, some really strange hot flushed and a pronounced tendency to have face swellings, high anxiety, digestive problems, headaches, auto-immune disorders like vitiligo...).

Combining the way I eat know, fasting during 16 hours including sleep, eating 2 big and satisfying meals the paleo way, I feel much more peaceful than I ever felt in my whole life, being able to be connected to all my intellectual and emotional deepness, being able to develop a kind of spiritual peace, to meditate, to see things with more "highness". I'm much more clear minded and mostly relieved from all form of extreme anxiety.

So I want to thank all of you for this. I feel partly saved from this crazy, soul eating society that's moving much too fast and much too unnaturally, this high treason of what we truly are.

To talk a little bit about myself, I'm passionate by Art in all its forms, mostly music, which I practice. I play piano, guitar, and little bit of keyboards. I have the pretentiousness to sing, too. I compose music on my computer, mostly in a "Soundtrack/Trailer music" genre, influenced by the likes of Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, Thomas Newman... and many, many others.
    I'm also in a progressive rock/metal band called Jack's Revenge influenced by artists like Devin Townsend, Steven Wilson, Dream Theater, but also a very large palette of musicians from different genres.
    I was studying music production this year, until December when my health had me to stop, studio engineering, in order to give more professionalism to my pieces and to develop another qualification in the music business, but I will start again next year.

Voilā
    Thanks for your attention

Your location: Near Paris, France

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: I try to be as much as I can, however, at my age and considering where I live it's sometimes hard to be as Primal as I would like to be.

Do you consume dairy: No, or very very occasionally, I consider that as a "cheat" food.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do, I try not to overdo it however since I was drinking a bit amount of coffee every day when I crashed.

Motivator for switching to Primal: All the problems I described above. It feels also very very natural and much more satisfying.

Favorite exercise: Considering my current health state, I do not exercise much at the moment unfortunately. However I think I like chin ups or dumbbell bench press. Or just a nice walk and energetic walk

Favorite Primal food: I really don't know. Everything I made up to today was tastier than the traditional occidental way of eating.

Best part about being Primal: Being relieved from anxious limitations, being able to be the whole person I always wanted to be

Worst part about being Primal: Being forced to convince EVERY PEOPLE I know that it's not harmful for my body...

Nonnie is offline Junior Member
    I live in Cedar Rapids, IA. I am 61. Just starting out on Primal..reading the book. I do not eat dairy, yes I drink coffee!! My motivator to switch to Primal..an office mate has been primal for awhile and gave me the book to read. She and I talked about my health issues...so I decided to give it a try. Love BACON!!! The smell while cooking, the taste..hmmm.. Only negative about bacon is the salt and it tends to swell up my appendages! LOLOL
    I would welcome any thoughts!

Walkerdog is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Philthadelphia

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: no grains no processed food

Do you consume dairy:certain cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diabetes

Favorite exercise: Love my time in the conventional gym plus having fun through the frisbee, hiking, biking, swimming and milling around

Favorite Primal food:Cuban pork shoulder

Best part about being Primal: Live long enough to see my kids get married and have grandchildren...and oh yeah, to actually love being at the pool or beach without feeling self conscious. I want to be looked at for good reasons.

Worst part about being Primal: beer :-(

Ivalco is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Madrid, Spain

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: No grains, no processed food, no sugar, no legumes except lentils sometimes (Ey, I'm Spaniard!)

Do you consume dairy: Just a bit sometimes, high fat dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, every morning I drink either coffee or sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting healthier, fitter, stronger, faster!

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Beef liver! I adore it!

Best part about being Primal: The high energy through the day!

Worst part about being Primal: Bread and legumes, more a cultural convention of being spaniard.

RyanH is offline Junior Member
    Your location:McKinney,TX

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you: Been going strong for 9 days

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was at 283lbs when I started and would get winded just running to firstbase during softball. I had tried weight watchers but all it did was keep my from gaining anymore weight I could not lose on it.

Favorite exercise: Sprints, I love the rubber leg feeling after full out sprints

Favorite Primal food:Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy, improved mood, and involving my daughters (6,4) in the diet

Worst part about being Primal: I had a serious sweet tooth so cutting out sugar and baked goods was rough.

Cool Greetings

Your location:

Age (If you want):56

How Primal are you:Pretty much. Have eliminated just about all grains, starches, sugars, etc. Just starting, so the first steps were easy.

Do you consume dairy:Other than a touch of milk in coffee or occasional ice cream, no. Trying to eliminate even that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel better and improve weight and diabetes control.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: the simplicity of the system.

Worst part about being Primal: fine tuning what I order when eating out.

jeffscout is offline Junior Member
    Some history...Just joined 6/12/12. I live in Sugar Land, TX and have been trying to modify my diet in such a fashion that I can make it a lifestyle change, not a diet or fad. In making some reasonable changes like greatly reducing carbs, eliminating a lot of junk for breakfast, reducing portion size, and eating more veggies, I've seen great results. I'm 6'-0" and was over 250 pounds. I had a few XXL shirts that were getting tight and I finally said enough is enough. Last Saturday, I broke the 230 barrier. I'm hoping to wind up around 190-200, which is a slender weight for my big frame.

In researching how I was eating, I kept coming across Primal, Paleo, and Caveman style diets/lifestyles. As I read more and more, they seemed consistent with a lot of what I'm doing. Going Primal/Paleo means eliminating some things that I had always assumed were healthy. Beans. Soybeans/Soy products. Corn. Rice. Grain. I've learned a lot in a short time and look forward to growing in knowledge as I begin this life change.

The Questions:

Your location: Sugar Land / Tiki Island, TX

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: no grains, no processed food, no beans/legumes, no artificial sweeteners, no vegetable based oils

Do you consume dairy: yes, milk and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improve diet, weight control, better overall health

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feel better and look better!

Worst part about being Primal: red beans and rice; legumes in general; bread; eating out with clients is a challenge