Page 383 of 629 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 6287

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 383

kristingirl2 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Maine, USA

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: just starting, so I do not know. I am one week in and don't know what to eat for snacks?

Do you consume dairy: butter for cooking and to put on veggies, that is all

Do you drink coffee or tea: two cups of coffee in morning with coconut milk as creamer and coconut sugar for sweetener. I drink decaff green tea or other teas the rest of the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: my daughter is primal, she said, "Mom, I am going to introduce you to this website, just read it with an open-mind, ok? " She wants her momma to be healthy and happy

Favorite exercise: boo, I do not like formal exercise. However, I do like yard work and gardening. I have always used my bare hands because I like the feel of the dirt.

Favorite Primal food: t-bone steak, since I was a child I would pick up the left over bone to chew on. Then of course I had to learn proper ways of eating..boo

Best part about being Primal: I love being natural, eating when I want, not when time or people dictate and going barefoot as much as possible.

Worst part about being Primal: I always liked to wind down in the evening with a spirited refreshment. Now, I am having a hard time winding down without it. Suggestions?

healthynow is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): middle aged

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: health issues

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: fish

Best part about being Primal: feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: time spent preparing meals

elan.joelle is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want):21

How Primal are you:Newly Fully Primal

Do you consume dairy:Rarely, only cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both, everyday

Motivator for switching to Primal:I got a big girl office job and my diet/excersize routine was making me miserable. I found this website, read the book over the weekend, and it all clicked. I lost 20 lbs on CW and Plateauted for 6 months with 5 more lbs to go, over the weekend of going half primal, I lost 3 lbs. My goal, is to maintain and live a better life.

Favorite exercise:As a previous Chronic Cardio victim, I still love a good jog. Otherwise Squats and Lunges

Favorite Primal food:Wild Salmon, I could eat that everyday for the rest of my life

Best part about being Primal:Feeling better, more enegery, and not constantly being hungry!

Worst part about being Primal: Since I am new, I haven't had a worse yet. I do miss my rice chex in the morning. I also am extremely worried about my workout routine to make sure I stay in shape.

Please help with my workout! I want to make sure I am active enough

Samathematics is offline Junior Member
    Hey, everyone! My name is Sam and I started the Primal life-style about 2 months ago. I am down 11 pounds and feeling great! Every week I find more energy to do more outdoor activities. My success level of getting people to follow suit is at 0%. Hopefully that number will rise!

Your location: Jacksonville Beach, FL

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Fancy cheeses and cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee 3-4 times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Really bad eczema, lifetime of being "skinny-fat", bad sleeping habits, and sloth-like life style.

Favorite exercise: Chasing my dog and learning how to do a pull up.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, Avocado, and Dark Chocolate.

Best part about being Primal: No more eczema! More energy and better tasting foods.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining it to people.

MissusN is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm a dutch girl turning 30 and getting married this year. Primal for three weeks now and really really happy to have discovered this way of life!

Your location: The Netherlands, east side of the country

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I thought I was pretty primal, but discovered there is much room for improvement still. So I guess about 85 percent of the time up until now and striving for 90.

Do you consume dairy: yes, only high quality though and very much enjoying it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, but not as much as I used to do.

Motivator for switching to Primal: treating my body well, stay healthy, lose some weight and belly fat, finally peace of mind about maintaining my weight and never being horrified at gaining pounds again!

Favorite exercise: snowboarding (unfortunately my country is very flat so I can't do this really often)

Favorite Primal food: avocado, bacon, berries, berries, berries, big ass salads, my own vegetable curry, mackerel, salmon, tuna, and meat in all it's varieties - so good!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better than ever, experimenting with food (I LOVE to cook!) and knowing I'm in control of my health and weight again.

Worst part about being Primal: Already I've shrunk out of my wedding dress. After only three weeks into this way of life it has to be altered, especially around the waist - because I've lost 6 cm (2,5 inches?) there (!!!!!).

antonyeo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fresno, California

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I have been starting this for a couple months now. I have a better grasp of what Iím doing now. I am following the nutrition plan and fitness plan about 70% of the time. I am working towards 99%

Do you consume dairy: I do consume dairy. I recently switched from 2% milk to whole milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee 2-3 days a week. A lot less than before.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have to change my health. I am tired of being overweight and tired of being tired.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy lighting weights and interval training (on a bike). I love long bike rides.

Favorite Primal food: Steak (grass feed of course)

Best part about being Primal: Getting away from sweet processed foods.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting away from sweet processed foods.

buffalobill is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 85-90%...I allow myself 1 or 2 cheat meals on the weekend.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese was the last thing to go…no more dairy!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee everyday but cutting back. Tea on occasion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: In the pursuit of feeling and looking my best, I stumbled upon MDA and PB and it all made sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights...mainly compound movements.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, beef, broccoli, and berries.

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels…no more “crashes”. Also fun proving CW subscribers wrong.

Worst part about being Primal: People think I am a picky eater. I’m not. I just don’t like to put junk in my body. Don’t get me wrong, the junk tastes good but it makes me feel like garbage.

Metikki is offline Junior Member
    Hi all!! I'm Dale! I'm using this primal style to get this ole body back on track!

Your location: Latrobe, Pa

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: yes milk, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 3 cups coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss get back into shape

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: venison

Best part about being Primal: Dont know yet

Worst part about being Primal: same

surfinqssr is offline Junior Member
    Well, hello. I'm hoping this I'll have some successes to share with you all this time next year. I was 217 lbs. last June. Got down to 187 with some unhealthy habits/weight watchers goose-chasing. Went up to 207. Currently around 195 after starting primal last week. I messed up today, but I've signed up for a forum to reinforce that a setback will not hold me back. So on and so forth.

Your location: Pittsburgh

Age (If you want): 26 (I have always been heavy. I have no idea what it's like to feel comfortable in my skin.

How Primal are you: Just started last Tuesday. I was going full-tilt and feeling awesome until I had a moment after work today where I thought that I might as well give up. No idea where that came from. :\ I ate some potato chips and soda.

Do you consume dairy: Kefir and cheese. Milk occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. Coffee occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diabetes runs in my family, and I really would like to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Walking long distances, jogging, and sprinting.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet. I'm still learning and looking forward to getting the cookbooks.

Best part about being Primal: It feels like cheating that I can have eggs and sausage fried in butter, or nigh unlimited (or at least limited by my appetite) rich guacamole.

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza and ice cream. I could probably do without most other things.

WIChuck is offline Member
    Your location: SE Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Moderately. Low carb, LHT, but working up to the grass feed beef, etc.

Do you consume dairy: Only Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:2 cups of coffee each morning and some herbal tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal:Losing weight, gaining muscle and rebuilding health

Favorite exercise: General bodyweight stuff.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Losing the sugar rush/crash cycle.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to people why you don't eat bread.

I've done low carb dieting with success twice before. Each time, I was skinny fat. Once I lost 50 lbs, the second time, I lost 40 lbs after being seduced back onto the SAD and gaining almost all the weight back. But, neither time included strength training. This time, with a lot of strength training, I've gained more muscle than I've ever had. Even though I've only lost about 8 lbs overall, I look better than I ever have and have lost 2 inches off my waist.

I've spent much of my life apologizing for being unable to do the chronic cardio routine, but I'm amazed how effective relatively low levels of strength training have been for my overall fitness. So far, I've had better endurance and quality of life over the last couple months than I've ever had. It's funny to be 45 and in the best shape of my life.