Page 382 of 625 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 382

WilsonTheWriter is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: West Midlands, United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Strictly primal, it's incredibly rare for me to consume anything that isn't primal.

Do you consume dairy: I used to, but recently I've restricted it to one cup of coffee per day on my work lunch break.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do - black coffee or herbal teas with the exception of the above.

Motivator for switching to Primal: The health benefits - I went from taking ten tablets to no tablets per day. A no-brainer, really.

Favorite exercise: Freestyle sparring is a lot of fun!

Favorite Primal food: I love steak - I also love an energy bar I create using dark chocolate, a variety of nuts, honey (optional to sweeten) and raisins.

Best part about being Primal: More energy, you look great naked and you eat amazing food - what's not to love, really?

Worst part about being Primal: When people bring in office 'treats' they tend not to be primal, but I can live with that. And perhaps the weird looks people give you when they look at your footwear !

erosan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: The Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.

How Primal are you: 95ish percent?

Do you consume dairy: I've got no problem with lactose.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea most definitely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, health boost, read the PB and most of it made sense.

Favorite exercise: running. (I don't do it as much anymore, but what can I say? I really do enjoy my runs)

Favorite Primal food: I consider myself a foodie, as in "I love and appreciate food" not as in "I am a food snob", so... I love everything. I enjoy my meats and my veggies alike.

Best part about being Primal: it gives me a good excuse to stock up on all sorts of proteins.

Worst part about being Primal: As I mentioned, I love all my food, so I think I'll miss the flavor of bread and rice.

Em153 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Southern Alberta

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Don't really track, but 80-90%?

Do you consume dairy: occasionally eat cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight, Health, Skin

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Beef. All kinds of beef, specially roast beef and bbq'd steak

Best part about being Primal: Clear skin! I've had problems with acne for a couple years now, and avoiding grains and sugars seems to be the one thing that controls it.

Worst part about being Primal: What's not to like?

Mommadino is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: Getting the info to begin. I've been making other changes and a friend let me know about being Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, gave up milk for soy, but hearing that might not be a good idea either. What do I do about my latte?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly decaf coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have fibromyalgia and want to live pain and fog free. I also need to lose 100 pounds.

Favorite exercise: Swimming and walking

Favorite Primal food: I hear I could have steak - yummy!

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Sounds like no more baked potatoes. Hmmm.

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member
    Hi ya! Been here for a couple weeks, but never posted in here . . . so here goes, for those interested.

Your location: Colorado (at least for now)

How Primal are you: I'd say about 60/40, but working towards 100% primal and 80% paleo

Do you consume dairy: Some, occasional butter and pastured heavy cream for cooking . . . a rare slice of cheese or cup of yogurt (rare as in once a week maybe)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to lose weight, but also the science is convincing to me and it aligns well with my values as a humane omnivore and lover of the outdoors

Favorite exercise: Hiking, playing tennis, watching hockey (not as much of a workout as playing, but it does get my blood pumping and I jump up and down a fair bit, LOL)

Favorite Primal food: Dark chocolate, close second - shrimp!

Best part about being Primal: That I can still eat dark chocolate. LOL . . . apart from that, don't know yet - I'll tell you when I find out.

Worst part about being Primal: I love garlic bread and cupcakes . . . I will miss them.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Chad Speer is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Grapevine, TX

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Weaning off of dairy and hidden/guilty sugars

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but tapering off. Why should I consume cow milk in any form?

Do you drink coffee or tea: 3-4 cups of coffee daily. Coffee is said to help with gout.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm convinced that modern diets are harmful. I am operating sans-gallbladder, and my innards are hyper-sensitive to most carbs.

Favorite exercise: Walking/hiking. Swimming is a close second.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Ribeye steaks are hard to beat.

Best part about being Primal: I want to grunt and growl when I eat a steak. Primal. Well, that and the decimation of fat.

Worst part about being Primal: I have been conditioned to reject this way of eating. I must overcome inner obstacles.

I have seen great success with carb restriction in the past, but have been undone by sugar cravings. The emphasis on fats is a game-changer for me, and should help with my satisfaction without sugars. The depth of this community may be the foundation I need to stick to a better way of life. I love your enthusiasm and mutual support!

Chad

Began: 270 lbs
    Currently: 256 lbs
    Goal: 200-ish lbs

Carlyhas is offline Junior Member

Wink

Ok, so I am extremely new to this. I only came across this site from a friend who highly recommended it and I can't keep off it. So here goes...

Your location: Canberra, ACT, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: about 50%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Cheese and milk in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of having no energy and feeling sluggish all the time.

Favorite exercise: I love ocean swimming! weights and walking.

Favorite Primal food: Kangaroo steak. It's high in protein and iron. Very tender and yummy!

Best part about being Primal: definitely the health benefits and meat! I love meat!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to ween off sugar. Even though now I know how bad it is for me. Hey if I can quit smoking I can quit grains and sugar right? :-)

miný is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North of Italy

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Cheese and milk in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Many. I have been following the Zone but, I can't explain why it does not "work" anymore. Need something more

Favorite exercise: weights, run, swim

Favorite Primal food: Fish, meat(turkey, chicken, beef), veggies, berries

Best part about being Primal: being really healthy inside and visible outside

Worst part about being Primal: understand everything I can eat and how much

Omni is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: DownUnder (Aus)
    Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 90%
    Do you consume dairy: yes, just Yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: long term health investment

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: almost all

Best part about being Primal: feeling balanced
    Worst part about being Primal: explaining yourself to others

DavidJames is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Cardiff

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I consider myself 3/4 primal

Do you consume dairy: Every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I run with minimalistic sandals and barefoot and thought that was pretty primal but decided to change my diet too

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Broth (any meat)

Best part about being Primal: Eating meat!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I get cravings for cakes and I never used to eat that much cakes anyway :S