Page 381 of 601 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 6001

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 381

simplifiedpaleo is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathleen, and I recently started blogging at simplifiedpaleo.com.

Your location: I'm in Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: the kind of primal that never eats grains but occasionally indulges in ice cream.

Do you consume dairy: yes, indeed.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee -- down to one cup a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight gain, sluggishness

Favorite exercise: indoor rock climbing. long walks outside. playing.

Favorite Primal food: vegetables.

Best part about being Primal: how I feel, how my skin looks, my energy levels.

Worst part about being Primal: being "that person" in restaurants.

rachbebe is offline Junior Member
    Hi, my name is Rachel and I'm 26. I recently started the Primal way of life because my friend Jen got on her soap box one day about carbs. She introduced me to Mark's Daily Apple and I was instantly hooked. A lot of the things really clicked with me and so I started my Primal journey on May 18th, 2012. I'm currently doing well with it, I have had a couple falls off the wagon with Peanut Butter M&Ms but after they knocked me out yesterday and made me feel really bad I don't think I'm going to be having them any time soon. The Primal Blueprint has dramatically helped with my Bipolar Disorder Type II and Anxiety issues. My doctor says this has something to do with the large amount of Omega-3s in the diet. I have felt much much better and despite the lack of weight loss I am happy to have energy and not feel so tired. Perhaps once things settle down more I'll lose more weight. In the mean time I'm happy being me.

So I'm 26

I'm trying to be as Primal as possible for the first 30 days and then see how things go!

I do consume dairy as in butter, cheese, and greek yogurt. Not so much whole milk as the milk gives me facial acne pretty bad.

I drink 1-2 cups of coffee a day

My motivation for going Primal was my lack of energy and my recent weight gain of 10lbs in less than 2 months.

My favorite exercise is waterskiing or running

My favorite Primal Food is probably Shrimp. I <3 Shrimp so very much, Salmon comes in a close second.

Best part about being Primal is the amount of energy I have, how happy I feel, I don't feel rushed anymore.

Worst part about being Primal is people who don't understand and tell me the way I'm eating is really unhealthy. Yeah... like they know... because they look fantastic with what they're doing >.> NOT.

*huggles*
    Rachel

Docsteed is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys...I am new to the forum and the Primal Lifestyle. My name is Justin, and I'll continue my introduction by answering the questions.

Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I have made the full commitment for 3 complete days. Today is day 4. The only thing I still have to do is convert to all grass-fed or organic meat...same goes for my fruits and veggies.

Do you consume dairy: So far just a couple ounces of extra sharp cheddar on my bun-less burger...going to incorporate some vitamin-D milk a couple times a week I think.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to coffee. Two cups every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss was my primary motivation until I read Mark's book. Now my motivation is to get my body working in proper order. I never knew that eating carbs was actually damaging.

Favorite exercise: I like walking outside shirtless....lol...figure I'd kill two birds with one stone! (exercise and sunshine!!)

Favorite Primal food: So far for me it has been the chicken thighs I cooked on my smoker...The scrambled eggs each morning have been good too.

Best part about being Primal: I feel great every morning....I mean really great...I am losing weight, but I just feel better...kinda hard to quantify.

Worst part about being Primal: Honestly...it has been the walking around bare-foot more often. The bottom of my feet hurt like hell the first couple days, but they are better today. Also I have been getting headaches the past two days around 3 or 4 pm. I chalk it up to my body trying to get me to indulge myself in some sugary carbs, as today's headache is much less severe...almost non-existent.

QueenBee53 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:
    Is it okay to snack and if so, what are the best snack foods?

Your location:
    Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    90%

Do you consume dairy:
    Greek Yogurt & Almond Milk

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    2 cups coffee every morning with Stevia sweetener

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    After being a lifetime member of WW and extremely strict dieting, I am beginning to put on a "belly". I couldn't understand why. Also, I have severe acid reflux quite often. After visiting my son, he told me I wasn't eating enough fat and protein. He recommended Primal and showed me the website. I was inspired after reading the website, and began only just this past Saturday. So I've only done Primal (100%) for 6 days so far, but I've dropped 4 lbs so far and NO acid reflux!!

Favorite exercise:
    Strength excercises with weights and walking.

Favorite Primal food:
    Salmon

Best part about being Primal:
    I can eat fat!!

Worst part about being Primal:
    I miss my popcorn snack!

GeneralOJB is offline Junior Member
    Your location: England

Age (If you want): 15

How Primal are you: I'm 90% there on the diet, nearly always get enough sleep, play far too much, get next to no sun in England, and the only exercise I get is walking home from school - I do really need to improve the exercise part, I'll be working on it over the summer hols.

Do you consume dairy: Very little - I use butter for cooking but have next to no milk/cheese/yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee if I've done an all nighter or had little sleep (rare), and tea only when it's offered to me. I don't for either really, especially without sugar which I'm not allowed to add.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Living a long happy life. Also have a strong interest in science, evolution etc. (read On the origin of species, and The Selfish Gene) so the whole idea appeals to me anyway.

Favorite exercise: Cycling, swimming, horse riding, rock climbing.

Favorite Primal food: Berries!!! Also fresh grilled salmon, delicious. And bacon and eggs of course.

Best part about being Primal: Delicious food, needing less sleep, educating others.

Worst part about being Primal: Not allowed ice cream, dislike some green vegetables like Kale, cooked spinach(it's fine raw), but I love Romaine Lettuce and have it every day.

Clydesdale is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Stanhope, NJ

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: Very limited. I usually have a Greek yogurt in the morning for breakfast

Do you drink coffee or tea: Avid coffee drinker by day and herbal tea drinker by night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Body composition improvement.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Any and all seafood.

Best part about being Primal: I'll revisit this in a year.

Worst part about being Primal: If I can't share cheesecake with my wife, there will be trouble..

Brolic Prim is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma City

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Beginnner

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to feel my age, strong and healthy

Favorite exercise: Anyone that helps

Favorite Primal food: Meat.

Best part about being Primal: I'm lookiong forward to the health benefits

Worst part about being Primal: IDK

jtrippdc is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago burbs

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: ehh I do pretty good mon-fri.... weekends some days are better than others

Do you consume dairy: yes- not much milk, but I do love cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: A seminar I took on anti-inflammatory diet (Dr. David Seaman)

Favorite exercise: Just started crossfitting!

Favorite Primal food: Egg scramble with all the veggies I can find!

Best part about being Primal: So many vegetables!!! I can eat a ton of food and not gain weight!

Worst part about being Primal: No more Chicago style deep dish pizza (although I have had some pretty tasty cauliflower crust pizza!)

FriedBob is offline Junior Member
    My name is Lee. I've been eating GF for about 6 months and started moving towards primal a couple months ago, and got really serious about it 2 weeks ago.

Your location: Springfield, MO

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Not as much as I would like, but more so every day.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly in the form of cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Through self experimentation determined I was gluten intolerant and my diet (slightly modified SAD w/ Kararite style Kosher elements) was largely responsible for all the pains and stomach issues I had began to consider normal.

Favorite exercise: Don't really have one yet, but I have been walking more, and have always preferred to go bare foot.

Favorite Primal food: Would have to say a big steak.

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels are better, pain is down, weight is dropping away.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm the only one in my household who eats this way, and also due to travels or such periodically have to eat out. It's always been difficult, especially for breakfast.

Kariberry is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: newbie, but about 85% - not quite ready to do without occasional oatmeal and beer

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not much. 6 oz Keifer per day, a dollop of sour cream here and there, half & half in my coffee and a little cheese sprinkled on salads and scrambled eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was feeling crappy and wanted to see if this way of eating made me feel better... uh, YES, it does!!

Favorite exercise: walking, running, hiking, yoga, weights, frisbee, old-doggie-walking at a leisurely pace (aka sniffing and peeing - him, not me)

Favorite Primal food: so far, cauliflower "rice" LOL Never knew about it before and I and my family love it. Already a meat and veggie lover, so this works for me.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great! been doing this for about 2 weeks, and lost 8 lbs so far, too - bonus! Also, the fact that I can now proudly eat the fat on my steak, the skin on my chicken and of course, BACON and I don't give a flying fart what people think cuz they's jus' misinformed.

Worst part about being Primal: The realization of how much unhealthy food I raised my kids eating .... I wish I had known about this while they were younger. But, they are totally on the bandwagon now, and at least they're starting early (18 and 15).