Page 379 of 601 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 6001

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 379

tcdc135 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi--Been lurking and learning for a little over a month. I started April 15, with 4HB and found MDA the next week. Have been going strong ever since! I am 47. I have lost 17 pounds so far and am loving it! Have done every "diet" out there. I was once even a WW leader for about 3 long, hungry years! I used to love to run, but an old knee injury from vball in college finally caught up with me, I am need of a new knee. Just trying to put it off as long as possible. I started primal to help with weight loss, thinking it could give me more time.....so far so good! I am loving the weight loss, but for once if I don't lose in a week I don't stress over it. I will be doing this forever, and wherever I end up will be great! I so wish I had found this before! I am a Chiropractor, and send patients to this site on a daily basis. So frustrated with all the CW out there, I know there are so many people that could benefit from paleo/primal......and the looks I get from patients when trying to explain to them.....you'd think I had grown another head! So I keep trying, and those that are ready to learn will, and they will end up here! Thank you all for all the info and the "education"! Tami

AlaskanPrincess1965 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: Newby---However, I am looking for support here in Anchorage, Alaska. Please!!!

Do you consume dairy: not much

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight & gain energy

Favorite exercise: ??

Favorite Primal food: Learning

Best part about being Primal: Learning

Worst part about being Primal: Learning

melme is offline Junior Member

Another newbie from Australia

Hi everyone,

I've been researching paleo/primal for a few weeks now and I'm convinced that this is the answer for me. I've got myself into such a rut that I can't believe I've let myself down so badly. I'm 47 with type 2 diabetes (insulin-requiring) and to top it all off I've recently lost the big toe on my left foot to an infection which was exacerbated by the diabetes. The wound is taking a long time to heal because of my weight (I'm about 170kg or 375lb) so I have to get the weight off. Currently, I'm riding an exercise bike every day interspersed with the exercises Mark recommends (what I can do allowing for my foot injury, of course). I've just spent the last week eating primal food and have already lost 5 pounds, so things are looking up! I've just bought Nora Gedgaudas's book "Primal Body Primal Mind" and I really can't thank Mark enough for his generosity of spirit in providing this website. It's what got me started and I'm sure it will be essential to my success. Looking forward to the day when I can submit my own success story!

Here's my answers to the questions at the beginning of this thread:

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: About 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some raw milk and a little cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love a cup of tea, but will try to reduce this in favour of water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health!

Favorite exercise: Lifting heavy things and walking.

Favorite Primal food: I can't go past a good steak or bacon!

Best part about being Primal: I love the food!

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up carbs, but I'm finding it easier already.

Best wishes to all out there on their own primal journeys!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Hi peeps,
    I'm on day 3 of a primal diet and so don't have any stories to tell. yet. I won't bore you with my life history, so here's the facts:

Your location: New England

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: too soon to tell. no grains since Friday though.

Do you consume dairy: yes. greek yogurt, cream in coffee (not much) and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and some tea, black and green.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to shed 40 pounds of fat I've put on in the last 10 years

Favorite exercise: walking, used to love weightlifting, but haven't done it in years

Favorite Primal food: beef jerky (homemade)

Best part about being Primal: too soon to tell

Worst part about being Primal: too soon to tell

GrainFreeIronGoddess is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: LANCASTER PA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I'm more Paleo I believe then Primal, but I'm 100%. I'm grain free, legume free, and dairy free.

Do you consume dairy: no, but I didn't prior to beginning the Paleo/Primal approach. I'm lactose so I avoided dairy in large amounts due to that reason alone. I can handle small amounts of minimally processed cheeses or heavy cream (VERY small amounts) but that's about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Lots of. Decaf as well. I'm a huge herbal tea drinker

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be honest I read/researched the Paleo primal approach for close to 2 years before giving it the 30 day try by Robb Wolf. Im a national level NPC Figure Athlete so body composition is of the utmost importance to me, and I'm always looking for new ways in which to maintain internal health while sporting an externally pleasing body composition and physique, since I compete. I had realized that the consumption of certain foods bothered me, and doctors kept mis-diagnosing me as having IBS and all sorts of other digestive issues. I removed grains and legumes for the 30 day period I had committed to and the results spoke for themselves. I had better energy, improved digestion, and my body fat decreased despite my not being in prep for a show.

Favorite exercise: Plyometrics

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed/grass finished bison, BACON, and salmon. And salad in large amounts- I could literally eat salad at every meal.

Best part about being Primal: The food of course. I always felt better on a higher fat higher protein diet prior to going primal/paleo.

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't truly found a downside. Initially I think I was afraid I'd miss certain thing in my diet, specifically my morning oatmeal, but frankly I don't. I find I crave less and if I do crave its genuinely more of what I'm already eating. I find the approach to be so simple, basic, and adaptive that I'm shocked more people aren't turned on by it. There are no shakes to buy, bars to eat, calories to count, funky pills to swallow- it's just a set of guidelines and a framework- a way of approaching food and nutrition that allows for each individual to find the path that best suits them.
    Grain Free Iron Goddess
    Paleo Figure Athlete
    www.alli-fitness.com“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” -Hippocrates

Chriso is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Ontario Canada
    Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

95% I think, very little non primal foods, but not grass fed beef yet!

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, and very little cheese once and a while

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes 1 mint green tea in the AM
    Motivator for switching to Primal:

Been over weight for 15+ years, spent all of that time trying to figure out the RIGHT way to lose the weight. Primal / Paleo just makes sense.
    Favorite exercise:

weights, hockey and anything outside.

Favorite Primal food:

Meat

Best part about being Primal:

feel great since the switch, no heartburn, etc. Aswell as the ability to eat meat!
    Worst part about being Primal:

too many questions still.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Southwest Michigan

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I am a beginer, but I am doing pretty well. I would say about 80 percent.

Do you consume dairy: Some, mainly full fat cottage cheese and full fat plain greek yogurt. A small amount of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A friend of mine recommended this website to me.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye, mmmmm...

Best part about being Primal: I have been able to stick with it for 2 weeks. This beats my record with any other healthy lifestyle change by 1 week and 6 days. I honestly feel like I can and will do this for the rest of my life.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain why I will not "just try this" or "just have a little of that".

paul_b is offline Member
    My name is Paul

Your location: Orangeville, Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: just starting out. Slowly eliminating cards from my daily intake.

Do you consume dairy: only a bit of cream in my morning coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf coffee and some flavored caffeine free teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: the more I read, the more it makes sense to be eating this way. I have been struggling for a while now and in a serious need for a change of lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: walking, jogging, anything involving full body or circuit.

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: not having to really be obsessed with calorie counting.

Worst part about being Primal: so far I do not see one...

tattooedmohler is offline Junior Member
    Name: James Mohler

Your location: Lexington, Mo

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I would say I stick pretty close to 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes but very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both: Try to stick with a coffee a day, even though I no longer feel like and I need it, and then just tea whenever it sounds good.

Motivator for switching to Primal: When first reading up it all just made a lot of sense, and then there is the bacon and eggs

Favorite exercise: If I can use a hammer I am happy

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs. Although the bacon explosion jumped pretty far up my list when I made that.

Best part about being Primal:Having then energy to do whatever I want whenever I feel like doing it.

Worst part about being Primal: I may have to get back to you on this one.

3boysmom is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am two weeks new to primal, but I can tell already that it is the best decision I have made regarding my health in years. I have a long way to go, but I finally feel like I'm on the right path. So to introduce myself, here are the answers to the questions.

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Doing really well for a beginner I think. Well enough I have dropped 10 pounds and 10 inches in two weeks and haven't been hungry or felt deprived once. Probably around the 80 percent mark, but my diet was bad enough before that is a huge difference.

Do you consume dairy: Not at this point.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only the occasional decaf tea when I'm tired of plain water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been overweight for too long, and was recently told I am pre-diabetic. I have three young boys and finally have figured it out if I don't take care of me I can't take care of them.

Favorite exercise: Walking and weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: Who doesn't like bacon?

Best part about being Primal: How much it has changed the way I feel already, and the weight loss is a definite perk!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain to my traditional eating family (parents, brother, etc.) why I am eating the way I am.