Page 378 of 621 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428478 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 6202

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 378

brick is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    good evening from Ohio.

My name is Brick. I am about to turn 46, mother of five children ages 21, 18, 15, 13, and 10. I homeschool (ed) all with the oldest now being in college. I am 5 foot tall and all my life was trim around 115 pounds. After having children my weight maintained in the 130's but once I hit the 40's my weight began to climb. I tried every diet I had ever been on and only gained more weight. I became depressed, I had panic attacks and developed agoraphobia, not to mention early perimenopausal symptoms! In 2011, I used HHCG to help me lose the weight. It was very successful for me dropping me from over 150 to 116. But with allergies and hormone fluctuations my weight will/would bounce 3-4 pounds. Which might not sound like a big deal, but when you are only 5 foot tall, it is. I was encouraged to read Dr Kruse's stuff and I liked the idea but was not fond of his style and followers. through my own research I find Mark's books first at the library and then his site on line. I have been primal since last September. I LOVE it! I feel alive, balanced, happy...my body looks and feels fit and best of all I enjoy being able to eat and not feel guilty about. I am constantly learning more and more, reading everything I can. I got my husband to switch and he is finally realizing his beloved love for bread is not healthy for him. I got my underweight 21 year old eating primal and he has gone from 118 at 5'10" to 135 now. His goal is 150. My daughter has lost 15 pounds going primal and my youngest is slowing merging with the primal lifestyle. ( well, he eats what i fix after all) anyway...here is the answers to the following questions:

Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): about to turn 46

How Primal are you: I should say very, but I do take the moment to celebrate bdays and special moments, but other wise very primal. Being Italian and Lebanese...it was difficult giving up the pasta and bulgar wheat..but so worth it.

Do you consume dairy: YES! Love HWC...seems like if I don't eat enough dairy I start to gain..

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both..although it is more of a seasonal thing..coffee in winter, iced tea in the summer, yet nothing like a hot cup of tea with honey and lemon ( and a shot of whisky) when feeling down with a cold.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be healthy, happy, energetic. I want to enjoy my food without guilt...my mother is anorexic, so a lifetime of food guilt is difficult to overcome.

Favorite exercise: none..LOL! not a fan of exercising. but I am moving all day long..house cleaning, keeping with the kids..I do lift 5 lb weights, squats, situps and have started riding my bike this year..something I never would have done before.

Favorite Primal food: beef, the more rare the better. Olives...fish...the list is endless

Best part about being Primal: having energy, sleeping well at night. eating and not gaining...yes, eating and not gaining!

Worst part about being Primal: occasionally I miss a good cheese ravioli...or gnocchi's...all the wonderful homemade stuff my Italian grandmother use to make...

brick

MrSmithX is offline Junior Member

How do I insert a video ?

Hi all !
    How to insert a video clip, for example, with vkontakte on this board?
    Very interesting to see visitors reviews forum ))).

MeJane is offline Junior Member
    Well, it's MeJane and I cannot seem to get finished answering all those questions before the machine takes it all away and I'm out of contact. You can read my story at PALEO ? YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING! | Weightless in Water

I'm having fun with this, and it reminds me of the Atkins diet I did when I was about my daughter's current age. Now I'm enjoying a recovery from some old age ailments with this new start.

I like coffee for start of day, swimming for favorite exercise, and my daughter finally coerced me into trying Primal, bless her.

JusticeMonkey is offline Junior Member

Here's lookin' at you, kid

Your location: CONUS

Age (If you want): somewhere between yout and old, but tend to feel towards the later of late.

How Primal are you: It used to be easier when I had health conscious types around me and a ready supply of good and inexpensive food. I don't like eating sweets or (most) grains, because they make me feel tired and stupid shortly thereafter.

Who I am (as it relates to food and health): Unlike what I presume to be the case for most/many of the people here, I have neither a weight problem nor an over-consumption problem (unless we're talking about something other than food, maybe). I prefer to eat meat, and don't much care what it is, as long as it's cooked well/properly and not grossly 'produced' slop.

I'm married. I have children. I travel entirely too much and hate the food available in resturants. It's over priced eye food and rarely tastes good.

I would like to be much more active than I am but rarely have the mental or physical energy at the end of the day. I like to do physical work, and absolutely hate "exercising". I'd rather mindlessly dig ditches filled with the dirt from the other hole I just emptied... Competition is awesome, and I'm good at it (except when it involves something like running, these days).

If I could be anyone, it would be Malcolm Reynolds.

trixiesticks is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Washington State

How Primal are you: I am 100% primal as of 9 days ago

Do you consume dairy: Yes but raw only

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose body fat and to improve my health

Favorite exercise: Battle Tested circuit

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Losing body fat, not being hungry all the time, and having lots of energy!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss sprouted grain bread toasted with butter and jelly
    "Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow."
    (swedish proverb)

csrollyson is offline Junior Member
    Your location: global

Age (If you want): 50s

How Primal are you: very, but practically, it's not a religious thing

Do you consume dairy: rarely but lusciously when i do

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: many.. i dialed into the rhythm long ago. Physically, had joint/inflammation issues and "allergies" lifelong. Found MDA on a client gig (analyzing health geeks for global fitness firm). Overjoyed that few health issues I had resolved very quickly. Primal very easy for me.

Favorite exercise: pushups

Favorite Primal food: grassfed beef

Best part about being Primal: joy of feeling congruent, of discovering the secret.. by being congruent, no interventions!

Worst part about being Primal: none

Neiljenx is offline Junior Member
    Hi I've been on the PB route for 10 weeks !! It's amazing - having been into the health and fitness scene for 25 years I always try things on myself for a period before making a conclusion , this is the best "way of life" I have ever undertaken !

I'm 40
    Live in Leicestershire in the U.K.
    Started PB as a way to avoid daily medication for headaches/migraine - only had 1 episode since starting
    Love all the quality food I can eat especially grass fed meat
    Dropped from 13st 4lb to 11st 12lb - which I haven't been since my 20's and maintained all my strength / energy
    Mainly primal foods
    Tea and coffee - yes
    Dairy - yes
    Exercise - surfing,snowboarding - adventure sports ....... And pull-ups !

Would be great to hear from from anyone over here in the U.K ..... Or anywhere else

Big Thanks to Mark -You've changed my life !

Archer82 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Baghdad

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: trying for all the way

Do you consume dairy: not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, 1 cup in the morning black

Motivator for switching to Primal: Meet fat loss goals and improve overall health

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: MEAT!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Only having the chow hall makes it difficult and I miss good bread.

jlauerman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Currently Frederick, MD. Moving to St. Peters, MO in one month

Age (If you want): 63

How Primal are you: About 80% somfar

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense. I already knew I felt better when I avoided grains and carbos.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell Swings

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: How good it makes me feel, high energy.

Worst part about being Primal: People not understanding and trying to talk me out of it.
    Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post

The Questions:

Your location: An hour west of Olympia, WA

Age (If you want): 50 something

How Primal are you: gradually increasing... I'm at "mostly" now

Do you consume dairy: I've been eating a few ounces of greek yogurt every few days. First dairy in over 6 years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being a vegan (high grains/soy) did nothing but make me fat and sick

Favorite exercise: walking/sprinting/bodyweight/kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I feel fed now

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not sure what to do with myself since I'm not hungry/eating so much.
    I'm looking forward to learning lots.