Page 377 of 629 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 6290

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 377

kaspegren is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks! I'll give Stevia a try. I wasn't sure about it before. I'm also going to try slowly weening myself off of anything sweet except for the occassional berry as well. I'm finding that by eating a small piece of dark chocolate, my carb and sweet cravings are abated for quite a long time. Extremely happy about the way I've been feeling so far!

jllundqu is offline Member
    Hello everyone.

My name is James. I am 32 and in Law Enforcement so when I noticed the belly getting too pudgy for my liking I knew I needed to change up my diet/workout routine.

A firefighter friend of mine got me hooked on Paleo about a month ago. I've just started (May 7, 2012) and in just 3 1/2 weeks I've dropped 10 lbs! I learned to adjust my carb intake to balance my energy needs with my workouts and what my body tells me. My goal is to continue to eat paleo and use PBF until I reach my goal of a shredded 170lbs... at which point I will continue to eat paleo and use pbf to maintain fitness and play more. I look forward to hearing and learning from you all.
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

LowCarbMaster is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bronx, NY

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: About 85%

Do you consume dairy: Yeah, tons of it. I LOVE cheese and whipped cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I like coffee with heavy cream. Tea, rarely, unless its iced tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Boxing is my life. In order to be great at it, physical health is important. I take everything with a grain of salt so natural I disagreed with the boxing coach about diet. Did a little research and I found my answers.

Favorite exercise: Squats/Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food: Lamb chops, beef ribs, shellfish, steaks

Best part about being Primal: I'm in great physical condition. Health problems dissipated. I'm actually very encouraged and started a blog of my own Low Carb Master | Exercise, Diet and Live Low Carb

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating pizza.

Ted Massey is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Barrington, RI for 3 months (after, wherever the Marines send me)

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Eat 3 cheat meals a week, the rest of the time I am pretty primal (except I don't get my hands on grass-fed meats.... yet; dairy, yes I get it grass-fed).

Do you consume dairy: Yes, grass-fed, hormone free milk with protein and a banana after every workout. Grass-fed butter (Kerrygold) in some meals.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Sadly I drink a lot of coffee now

Motivator for switching to Primal: Excersize; wanted to fight off injury and also keep my weight in check.

Favorite exercise: Pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: Hard question... lots. Make a primal gumbo that is to die for (use kerrygold and almond flour as the roux)

Best part about being Primal: Usually one of the fittest Marines in my unit (when I am not inactive in law school/studying for the bar)

Worst part about being Primal: None.... its awesome. Well I guess being singled out (usually in a friendly way) for eating 'wierdly' in the dining hall... but I make it up when I out perform people in fitness-related events.

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: enthusiastic newbie!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some Greek yogurt, occasional cheese, half & half in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee a day. Occasional tea but not often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Doctor recommended it to help rebuild adrenals.

Favorite exercise: walking is all I do at this point.

Favorite Primal food: coconut oil & manna, berries, all green produce and BACON. I love that it's good for me.

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel hungry all the time. Also I like experimenting with recipes and there are a lot here to sample.

Worst part about being Primal: Food prep takes longer as I'm not in a routine yet.

-Wren

PeterYouth is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Atlanta

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Compared to the typical american diet, I am fairly "primal". However, I have not taken it to the deep end yet. I still tend to have plain oats in the morning and enjoy a pizza every now and again. But typically, I eat fairly clean.

Do you consume dairy: yes. usualy fage brand 0% greek yogurt. and I am known to add a little cream to my iced coffee in the summer time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have experimented with the anabolic diet in the past. Also, I know the the negative impacts that are involved with consuming too many carbs/un-natural/refined sugar. I have experienced the withdrawals and I want to eliminate those cravings and get a leaner meaner body.

Favorite exercise: I love strength training. the squat is probably my favorite

Favorite Primal food: steak. green veggies.

Best part about being Primal: cant say just yet

Worst part about being Primal: carb withdrawal.

Ryan M is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Orlando, Florida

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: This is my fourth day since I went primal, and everything has been organic and fresh.

Do you consume dairy: Had some cheese on my omelet this morning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I've never liked coffee... I think I'll drink tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just made so much sense to me. I thought I was always making good decisions when eating low-fat or fat free processed foods. I noticed my body isn't what it was in college... specifically my abs. I wanted to believe I could fix it without too much change in my diet, and I have never been able to. Decided it was finally time to treat the symptoms.

Favorite exercise: Running or playing basketball.

Favorite Primal food: So far, it has to be the creamy ranch dressing I found on here. It's helped me with my snacking and cravings in the afternoon while at work.

Best part about being Primal: It's only been 4 days, but my energy feels a lot different - in a positive way. I also don't feel like I've wasted a day if I don't run or workout.

Worst part about being Primal: Food isn't a convenience for me anymore. I spend more time cooking omelets in the morning, and more time doing dishes at night after cooking. Usually, it would be cereal or granola on the go, along with something quick at night. If this is the worst part so far - I can deal with it.

jllundqu is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Prairie Village, KS

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 100% paleo diet // 100% PBF workouts 5-6 days per week

Do you consume dairy: Rarely Some Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, mostly black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have never been overweight, but I'm always embarrassed to take my shirt off. I don't want that feeling anymore.

Favorite exercise: Bas Rutten Boxing CD Workout!!!

Favorite Primal food: Roast!!

Best part about being Primal: Getting in touch with my inner Grok makes me feel more manly.

Worst part about being Primal: None so far!
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Me - Crabbcakes

newly minted 45-year-old living in Appalachian Ohio

discovered Mark's Daily Apple after googling around looking for Paleo recipes (I have a disabled / special-needs daughter who has lived the SCD - Specific Carbohydrate Diet - for 6 years now, and when food gets in a rut I "forage" for new ideas and recipes, and the Paleo is closely related to the SCD) and decided to stay for a while and do a 6-week trial to see if the blood sugar would get under control (cranky hungries, sweet tooth, low energy, etc).

dairy - haven't had much in the house since two young 'uns of mine turned out not to tolerate it years ago, but I can't seem to resist a truly righteous piece of artisan cheese if it crosses my path. I would walk more than a mile for a huge wedge of really ripe Brie...

coffee or tea - never drank either, it is a non-issue. My only use for a cup of coffee was to flavor chocolate anything and tiramisu, and to use as an acetaminophen chaser to combat gawdawful headaches on occasion

motivator - hated the way I looked and felt and suspected blood sugar issues. Used to be able to eat and do anything and stay trim, but a few pregnancies into married life later ended up with monstrous post-partum depression, took a shipload of antidepressant, climbed out of that dungeon and stopped it, but got stuck with the additional weight and apparent metabolism changes. Recently noticed real sensitivity to eating Junior Mints and York Peppermint Patties (my go-to carb high when the energy is low and I'm driving the daughter home from another round of therapies and am about an hour out - we live rurally) and that oatmeal and pancakes in the morning make me exhausted for the day

exercise - I hate "exercise"! Not opposed to moving or sweating or playing hard (which makes me feel good), just any regimented "program". I must have an allergy to the word "rep". Blech! Reading MDA brought me to MovNat (someone mentioned it) - I got the good kind of chills researching that! Will begin to implement their ideas this month.

favorite Primal food - veggies! veggies! veggies! (former ovo-lacto wholefood vegetarian, still have lots of sympathy with the group and the subscription to Vegetarian Times) Was raised cheap-meat-and-white-bread, have discovered that real meat brings the whole house running (including the pets! - comical - all gathered in the kitchen 24 inches from my back, plates in hand, waiting (because they are trying to be civil) for the GO signal at the stove!!)

best part about being Primal - how all the various challenges and also validations of my health seem to come together in this lifestyle. So far I can't disagree on anything the Primal teaches. Almost two jean sizes down now! I have hope that I will see my formerly trim waist again!

worst part about being Primal - I think my soon-to-be-former sugar-burner body must have been more out of whack that even I suspected - it has been a month (began May 1 2012) and it took the entire month to start feeling the whole "energy" thing. It still is not constant yet, but it breaks through more and more, so I'm glad I stuck it out! I MISS FUDGE BROWNIES.

arosebyanyothername is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Boston

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you:Completely... but its only been 10 days

Do you consume dairy: Not right now, I'm starting off with a full Paleo thing, but I may add it back in later

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes. lots of coffee... probably far too much

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hmmm... well, I've been struggling with my weight for quite a while. I gained about 30 pounds after college. I'm 5'6'' 152lbs right now, which I realize is by no means overweight. In fact I feel very healthy and look good to me at this weight. And in college I ran about 125 because I only ate once a day. I was in theater school and there was a lot of pressure to be thin, so I was. And after college I had some "I just graduated, my life has totally changed, I have to be a real person and my boyfriend dumped me" depression which got me down to 118lbs. When I was able to come out of that I started eating normally again and gained 30lbs. Now this would be ok with me... if I weren't an actress. People in my profession can sometimes be very limited in what they perceive to be beautiful. I understand I need to be physically smaller to be as successful as I can be, but I don't want to hurt myself to do it anymore. I want to change my body composition, eat very good food and have a lot of energy to do my job without being hungry all the time. This way makes sense to me and is really working for me. And I really think having less carbs in my diet helps keep me emotionally stable which has been a big relief. This was perhaps an over share haha.

Favorite exercise: push- ups, biking to work

Favorite Primal food: Sunflower seed butter! I couldn't believe how good that nonsense is!

Best part about being Primal: Not being hungry and thinking about food all day

Worst part about being Primal: I've been getting some head aches and shakiness which I think will pass once I adjust. I do miss carrot cake and wine.