Page 374 of 638 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 374

Your location: Mississauga (Toronto)

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: frequently, though I don't touch anything less than 10% cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: After much research, it just made sense. Also, I had a crazy fiber dependency I had to shake, which took about a month to get over

Favorite exercise: lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: How awesome I feel inside. Stuffing myself and staying lean is pretty cool too.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out

mistrike is offline Junior Member

Starting Over

I tried this over a year and a half ago and I just was not able to keep it up, I lacked the motivation. Well, 17 months later, I am less healthy, have less energy and am still searching for a better answer. I am going to take another stab at PB, this time with some friends to help stay supportive. I gave up Soda and Fast Food last fall, and have been able to do that, now it is time to take another leap. I plan on cutting out sugars this month as a start. If there is anyone in my area who wants to do some information exchange or needs support like I do, let me know.

Ramon

The Questions:

Your location: Tacoma, WA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: not very right now, lots of sugars (20%?)

Do you consume dairy: Not much, I have a slice of cheese a day, about 1/4 half and half in my coffee and one "It's It" a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, this is the northwest people...

Motivator for switching to Primal: I like having energy on demand, I feel sluggish and unhappy with my current food intake and want a healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Volleyball!

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am taking care of my body.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up Pastas

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    Hello all! I've been here for 3 weeks and didn't introduce myself (how rude!)

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 100% at the moment

Do you consume dairy: Only butter on veggies

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, water only

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to go additive free / processed food free to see if it reduced my migraines. Also i needed to lose nearly 2 stone

Favorite exercise: zumba

Favorite Primal food: roasted duck legs...

Best part about being Primal: Feeling in control and no longer ingesting unnecessary chemicals. Oh, and the weight has been melting away!

Worst part about being Primal: i miss diet soft drinks but they weren't doing me any good...so really there's nothing bad about being primal!

candi is offline Junior Member
    Hi all. Just joined up today after reading astounding amounts of info about Paleo, and ready for a change.

Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to look after myself, get healthy, and lose weight

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I will let you know once Ive had longer, but looking forward to taking care of myself

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up pasta?!!

mrsmcmaster is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself...

Your location: Fraser Coast, Queensland, Australia

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Well I don't consume grains or junk food, just vegies and meat, but I tend to use jarred sauces etc to taste my meals. I exercise primally too...I also tend to prefer beer (low carb) over wine and like baking with primal approved ingredients.

Do you consume dairy: Yup. Love my coffee milky.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Haha ^^...mainly coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A desire to grow old in the best possible shape, and give my kids the best to start to life possible.

Favorite exercise: I HATE exercise!!!

Favorite Primal food: Italian meatballs :-D

Best part about being Primal: I have so much more energy, I'm back within a healthy weight, I never crave for unhealthy foods and I never have sugar crashes - even when I'm hungry I have enough energy until I can get a healthy meal.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't think there's any bad part, but I do wish it was easier to be primal in social situations, especially when drinking is involved.

Mandalamichelle is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: only been 4 weeks but i think I've been 80%. Lots of 100% days but healthier sugars are starting to sabotage my eating.

Do you consume dairy: rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, gain control over years of bad eating, feel younger

Favorite exercise: don't really have one but I prefer weights over cardio.

Favorite Primal food: coconut

Best part about being Primal: not hungry all the time

Worst part about being Primal: eating out

MissLiss is offline Junior Member
    Hi, My name is Melissa and I live in Natchez, Ms. I will be honest, I have no idea what this Primal is that you speak of so I guess I really can't say anything on that. I will however figure it out! But I can tell you why I'm here. I started walking a lot because I have no transportation and I find myself loving the way I feel when I do walk. I was also addicted to meth for a year and now my DOC is walking! I was curious as to what the physical changes it does to your body are and all the benefits. I also want , now, to learn nutrition and live healthy and long! Thank you, Melissa in MS.

ShakeragSusan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kentucky

How Primal are you: sort of

Do you consume dairy: dairy is my big non-primal habit. Raw milk, heavy cream, cheese, butter, mmmmm.

Do you drink coffee or tea: once every couple of weeks with the aforementioned heavy cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had been doing the Harcombe Diet with great success (I no longer am overweight) but wanted the last bit of my former wheat belly to go away. Toning up seems in order as well.
    Since August, I no longer consume caffeine, refined sugar (except what is in 86% chocolate), wheat or other grains, potatoes, and highly processed foods. I feel so much better than I have in years, it's amazing! I've been reading PB for the last few days and here I am!

Favorite exercise: Um, I'm not that far along yet. I do enjoy rambling in the woods though.

Favorite Primal food: Um, steak, onions, celery, and red peppers cooked in butter or coconut oil.

Best part about being Primal: Further improving my health. (Thanks Zoe Harcombe for getting me this far!)

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to cut back on dairy.

WendyWooWoo is offline Junior Member
    Hi, My name is Wendy. I've been a member for a couple of weeks.

Your location: Wolverhampton UK

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: 10% (Milk in my tea)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea! I'm a Brit!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stopped smoking 2 years ago and put on weight, so a few pounds to lose. I want to live a long and healthy life. So this is the next step.

Favorite exercise: Anything to do with Dancing/Zumba

Favorite Primal food: Steak and salmon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling really well and motivated. I didn't realise how unwell refined carbs made me feel, until I gave them up!

Worst part about being Primal: Not much really although I really miss salt and vinegar crisps!

missymomof3 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It has been a while and I am trying to start over and don't remember what it was like so....

The Questions:

Your location:

Kentucky

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

just starting again

Do you consume dairy: yes cheese and yogurt

Motivator for switching to Primal:

wanting to try it
    Favorite exercise:
    strength training