Page 370 of 635 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 370

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Newest Member Here! *waves at everyone*

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): Turning 27 in a couple of days!

How Primal are you: Just beggining still trying to wean myself out of sweets especially. I would say 70% now

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. One Cup of Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose 20 lbs of fat

Favorite exercise: Dancing - Les Mills Zumba, Body Pump, Sh' Bam

Favorite Primal food: Crab Legs and Lobster....

Best part about being Primal: Energy Levels and feeling great overall

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to give up my sweets

Lakeman is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Illinois

Age (If you want): 38
    How Primal are you:
    Not so much as we are still transitioning into it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, raw grass fed only

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee but yes to tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Desire to eat healthier.

Favorite exercise: Just being in motion.

Favorite Primal food: Ribs

Best part about being Primal: No longer worrying about animal fats.

Worst part about being Primal: I know much more about what not to eat than what to eat.

Phalbrook is offline Junior Member
    Your location:LA, CA

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:Very!

Do you consume dairy:Yes, Im a yogurt nut

Do you drink coffee or tea:Tea sometimes, coffee rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal:Im at an extremely high rick for heart attack, stroke and stage 1 hypertension. If I dont drop weight asap, its quite possible Ill have life long problems and a shortened life span.

Favorite exercise:hiking!

Favorite Primal food:Easy, chicken!

Best part about being Primal:The comfort in the knowledge that I'm finally on a diet that actually works

Worst part about being Primal:Cant eat frozen yogurt ><

I'd just like that thank Dr. Sisson for this book, honestly I was at my wits end. I used to be in fantastic shape, I mean model shape but with age, money issues and time constraints Ive grown dangerously obese. This diet is my last chance and best shot to do something about it before my health takes a dangerous turn for the worse. Thanks again Doc!!!

Apex Gatherer is offline Junior Member
    Hi everybody!

I'm 30 years old, been primal for about two years.

How Primal are you:
    That's a bit of an odd question, like it's a competition. I consider myself Primal.

Do you consume dairy:
    Fucktons of dairy. Grass-fed whenever I can get it. Cheese, yogurt, kefir, HWC. I love breve lattes. Dairy and I are good friends.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Both. I drink espresso mixed with HWC or half-and-half; I loathe and despise brewed coffee. Tea and I are boon companions, usually green or yerba mate.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Husband wanted to try it.

Favorite exercise:
    Yoga.

Favorite Primal food:
    Bacon, bacon, bacon all the way.

Best part about being Primal:
    Freedom from what I thought was a digestive disorder with constant flatulence, but turned out to be gluten intolerance. I'm 99% fart-free now!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Trying to explain it to other people when they ask about it and then look at me like I have three heads.

cmynewworld is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Brownville Junction Maine

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Not very and just starting... Learning.... does this get any easier?

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: A very good friend of mine switched, and spoke of how great he felt! He wound up competing in a crazy obstacle course run of sorts, and then I saw how GREAT he looked! He told me it was wonderful because he was never hungry. I was sold. I tired it for a month, and I can't begin to say how great I felt. However, the demands of being a full-time caregiver for a vascular dementia parent with a sweet-tooth the size of Montana made it more than a little challenging. So now I have realized that I am NOT healthy! I need to make this change! I have to commune with my more primal side. It is more challenging than I though it would be, but I am confident that I am going to succeed!

Favorite exercise: I LOVE Running. I know, I know, but I really did love it. However, I have to find an alternative. I have gained so much weight since I quit 10 years ago.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, clearly!

Best part about being Primal: I love how great it makes me feel. Now if I can kick the grain habit, and learn to avoid the sweet tooth, then I think I will enjoy it more.

Worst part about being Primal: I really have a HUGE sweet tooth!

Signs is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Gibsons, British Columbia

Age (If you want):52

How Primal are you: was 90% for quite a few months, now am struggling to stay 25%

Do you consume dairy: rarely (I love good European cheeses)

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea - all kinds

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was "traditional" GF for years, then I started reading about "true" GF and the truth about all grains

Favorite exercise: interval training

Favorite Primal food: hmm....that's a tough one......

Best part about being Primal: When I was following a primal diet more closely I felt energetic, positive and had clear thinking.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure if this is any way connected to eating primal, but a lately I have been feeling sooo unbelievably tired that I had trouble making it through the day. I began reading about the dangers of eating "low carb" and the impact on the body of going low carb suddenly. I have added more grains back into my diet and now am feeling better again. Coincidence? Any feed back would be appreciated.

bear_90065 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Name : Lupita
    Your location: Ontario, California

How Primal are you: I just started trying to do Paleo in last couple of weeks .... Hard to find true and fast rules...ended up buying Marks 21 day primal book....

Do you consume dairy: Trying not to (I am lactose intolerent) but I am in the habit of using butter to fry eggs... Now I have been using coconut oil but still have used butter a few times in the last couple of weeks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes I drink coffee....

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been trying to do low carb unsuccessfully for a while...need to lose weight. I am type 2 diabetic. I tried a crossfit class and they suggested the paleo lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Not sure if I have a favorite as most days it is hard enough motivating myself do excercise.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: When I eat Paleo/primal (not sure of the differences yet) I get less indigestion .. I seem to be losing weight as well. (as long as I stick to Paleo)

Worst part about being Primal: Not as convenient as not caring what you put in your mouth... I have three young sons and most of the time I do not know what to feed them (they are picky eaters) their favorite foods are pastas.

abt303 is offline Member
    Name: Amanda

Your location: Denver, CO

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Today is my first day.

Do you consume dairy: I did, going to try to give it up. I may occasionally indulge in cheese. Because, mmm, cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes please.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose the weight I've found in the last two years, looking for a lifestyle that advocates good health while still enjoying food.

Favorite exercise: Cycle/Yoga (hybrid class) and Weights

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Medium Rare.

Best part about being Primal: I'll get back to you in a few weeks. Right now I miss my natural peanut butter. Hah!

Worst part about being Primal: Missing my peanut butter. And other nut butters aren't a substitute. I think it's funny that Mark Sisson blogged about this yesterday!

oso_rojo is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Other than whey protein that I've been using (which tomorrow morning will be my last shake), I'm pretty strict. As seen here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51277.html

Do you consume dairy:I use Kerrygold butter, cheese rarely, and use cream in my coffee a few times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a very low tolerance for carbohydrates, want to stay lean and healthy until God sends me home, and I generally feel better.

Favorite exercise: Dead lifts

Favorite Primal food: Bacon or tocino ( if you want an answer in Espanol)! What other answer is there?

Best part about being Primal: Unleashing the Kraken on meat

Worst part about being Primal: Living without donuts

classy57 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location:Florida

Age (If you want):57

How Primal are you:99% because I do enjoy a meal of non-primal foods once a week.

Do you consume dairy:some

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee in the a.m. and tea later in the day

Motivator for switching to Primal:weight loss and love primal foods

Favorite exercise:PEM and BodyRockTv workouts!!

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal:Feel great

Worst part about being Primalther people who don't understand primal way of eating