Page 369 of 621 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 6205

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 369

charity_g is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Right now, I'm doing pretty well most days...except Friday night date nights...that's usually our unwind from the work week with pizza, drinks and some TV series on DVD or PVR (I can't stand watching live TV anymore...)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not in huge amounts. Basically, my dairy comes in the form of cheese or Greek Yogurt, milk occasionally...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose fat, LGN and have a consistent energy level all day long...

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell workouts, Tabata protocol...LOVE THEM!!!!

Favorite Primal food: Beef, without question...chicken is close behind though...

Best part about being Primal: No longer feel bloated, sluggish or feel like I'm depriving myself of things (which really helps the rebellious side of me!)

Worst part about being Primal: I actually haven't discovered the 'worst part' yet...it can come with challenges when eating at other people's houses, but I think that for anyone on a path of making healthy choices. Also, I allow myself little indulgences every now and then so if I am lacking purely Primal options sometimes, I don't beat myself up over not sticking to it 100% every single moment of every single day.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

terrerouge is offline Junior Member
    Hello All! I've been a longtime lurker, in fact I can't even remember if I've registered before... so here goes!

Your location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Follow the diet, VLC/IF, walk about 6km a day, do bodyweight workouts mostly, definitely don't get enough sleep.

Do you consume dairy: Only on rare occasions.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Absolutely. Probably too much.

Motivator for switching to Primal: When I was younger was very fit, did a lot of on stage lead roles, played rugby and a bit of modeling. Started working in high-tech, though, and the sedentary/SAD life began. Slowly climbed up from 160-180 over several years. Hit 250 and realized I don't want to continue that arc as I approach my thirties... bit of a wake-up call.

Favorite exercise: Squats. I've always had tree-trunk legs and makes me feel good to get to use them.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: The amazing food.

Worst part about being Primal: Not worrying about what I put into my body. Also, not being able to eat Poutine.

I hope to post more as I progress, so far it's been two weeks!

Mafamaticks is online now Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Baltimore, MD

How Primal are you:
    I just started about 2 days ago. I'm trying to be completely primal. Right now I've stopped eating grains (cereals, breads, etc) and I focus on meats, veggies and nuts occasionally.

Do you consume dairy:
    Besides cheese, I never consumed a lot of dairy, even before starting to go primal. When I needed milk I used rice or almond milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Don't drink coffee but I do drink tea. I usually sip a cup a night during the winter.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I'm starting to get older so I want to stay in shape.

Favorite exercise:
    Nothing in particular, but I did like running a lot.

Favorite Primal food:
    Chicken and Salmon.

Best/worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet. I'll guess I'll update when I'm further into it. I do like the fact that I don't have to necessarily eat 3 times a day.

girliepurple is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Northeast NJ

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Not very, right now. I really want to get back into it. I did "low carb" many years ago and lost 23 lbs. on Weight Watchers, but I lived alone at the time and never had potatoes or rice in the house. I have gained back 10.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, not a lot - I do make my breakfast smoothies with skim milk and plain ff yogurt. I am willing to try to make them with something else. I love any cheese but don't eat it often.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I really believe I do best with low carb (I keep saying that because it's the way of eating I've tried that is closest to primal). I do believe it's all about insulin. It's also about sticking to it, not tweaking too much and making it a lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Walking, running, kettlebells, The Firm

Favorite Primal food: I love meats and fish - except salmon LOL just don't like the taste. Love fruits and vegetables too.

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet but I'm hoping it will be I'll be able to maintain a healthy weight for my height and body type for the rest of my life.

Worst part about being Primal: My boyfriend is not primal although he is very health conscious but also falls for the old food pyramid lies, regarding grains, fats, eggs, etc. He also eats when he's hungry, eats everything in moderation, exercises in moderation and has maintained his weight within 3-5 pounds of what it was in high school (32 years ago) with little effort. (Men! -rolls eyes-) So, we will be able to eat our respective foods side by side but we will have "the other stuff" I'll be trying to avoid in the house... which means I probably won't be primal 100% of the time.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Calgarian living in Houston area

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Just started. Hope to be able to do the 80/20 thing. At least 80!

Do you consume dairy: cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: its the way we were meant to eat and I need to get rid of the grains. Salty crispy things are my downfall. And the worst thing for my wheat belly...just finished the book....

Favorite exercise: good in that area - I walk 30 miles a week thank you to my mutt Lola, cycle 30 miles a week, swim once a week and lift heavy things 3 times a week( I am gathering this may be too often). Occasional HIIT too but it is not my favorite thing to do. Trying to add it in at least once a week.

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: hoping it will help me lose the fat around my middle - 30 pounds would do it. Hoping it will make the cravings for grains disappear. I did a 10 day juice and smoothie cleanse last month and noticed that after about 4 days the cravings went. I assume it will be the same now - I'm on day 3.

Worst part about being Primal: its a lifestyle not a diet and I know I cannot eat grains again ever - still coming to terms with this. Hopefully soon I will not care

StoneCutter is offline Banned
    Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: transitioning

Do you consume dairy: not at the moment, doing an elimination diet to determine if it will work for me

Do you drink coffee or tea: not for several years

Motivator for switching to Primal: Adrenal burnout, in part caused by a severe lack of understanding about the importance of eating the right kinds of food

Favorite exercise: Was once Aikido, then just weightlifting at the gym. These days I try to walk around the block.

Favorite Primal food: Having not eaten red meat in 20 years until last month, I'd have to go with that steak!

Best part about being Primal: So far -- decreased gut pain/better digestion, more consistent energy (eliminating almost entirely the sugar sine-wave, crashy badness)

Worst part about being Primal: wow, so far nothing's coming to me here...

Nan
    Nan is offline Junior Member
    Hey there everybody! Never posted in any forums like this before but I like the "family" that I've been spying on here so I decided to join in the fun!

The Questions:

Your location: Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want): 49 today, my 50th birthday tomorrow!

How Primal are you: Pretty much 95% - a while back (5yrs) I was hired as a TriMet (public transportation) bus driver in Portland and I vowed that I wasn't going to turn into "one of them" There are plenty of drivers that are morbidly obese. Mind you at the time I weighed about 230 lbs at 5'7" so I was well on my way. So I decided to start exercising by riding my bike to and from work, 22 mile round trip. I had/have the move slow part down! Portland is a biking city and most bikers pass me like I'm standing still. I also decided it was time to start paying attention to what I was putting in my mouth. My mother was/is a yo-yo dieter and I vowed at a very early age not to to ever go on a "diet" So I was looking around for a different way to eat and found "The Paleo Diet" by Loren Cordain, Ph.D. That made sense to me and didn't seem like a "diet" I ate that way for two and a half months. I ate copious amounts of food!!! and I lost 25 lbs in that time. And then some special occasion dinner . . . I ate paleo with the exception of some sourdough bread. Within about an hour I could feel the effects of the bread on my joints, especially my hands and by the next morning my eyes were back to their puffy old self! So I guessed that I shouldn't be eating gluten. Then came several years of gluten free breads and more gluten free goodies than anyone should be eating. Moving forward, I kept exploring different ways to improve my health and I plateaued at about 180 lbs and stayed there for a while. Late last year I was convinced (in my mind, but not my heart and stomach) that I should become a vegan and was making an attempt at it. Thank God I also went to see a ND about the same time and she asked me to reconsider and look again at a Paleo "lifestyle" not just a diet. I did and I am happy to say that I have been eating this way for a little over two months now. I am down about 10 more lbs @ 170 and feel great! The most impressive thing to me is how I feel! 14 years ago I fell and spiral fractured my right tibia and fibula, did such a good job that they put a titanium rod in my fibula cause they couldn't set it with a cast alone. Going through my knee to do that has lead to no cartilage in my right knee. Painful but I could get around, have had braces, tried all kinds of supplements etc., still painful. Was told by a MD that I "need a new knee but to put it off for as long as possible because I'd be getting my second around the time most people got their first" WELL. . . since I've gone paleo in my diet I have NO knee pain!!! hmmmm crazy! I'm sticking with this!

Do you consume dairy: cream, butter, greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall health, weight loss and the excellent way it makes me feel!

Favorite exercise: People watching, oh wait is that exercise?? Walking in nature Just last week started to LHT with the four basic body weight exercises. My boyfriend laughed (between bites of his pizza) when I told him that sometime, this year, I am going to be able to do more push ups and pull ups than he can! Currently I can do 2 push-ups and 1/2 of a pull-up. I kind of understand why he laughed, but he can't do very many for a guy and I'll show him!!

Favorite Primal food: Avocados, juicy meat!

Best part about being Primal: Marks Daily Apple Community for support! and how I feel

Worst part about being Primal: I can't get EVERYBODY to understand they need to be doing this with me!!!!

I look forward to learning more and getting to know some of you more!

Nan

One question I have, without doing all the math, calculations, etc, what does 50-100 grams of veggies and fruit "LOOK" like? approximately.

jstwhln is offline Junior Member
    Your location: California, in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting, maybe 75%

Do you consume dairy: I'm the son of a dairyman, so yes, I did. Now, not as much - but when I do: Cheese, cottage cheese and the occasional glass of milk with breakfast

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, maybe a cup a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Major back injury (3 herniated discs) that put me out of work for 4 months. During my time off, I gained some weight to my already 250 lb, 69" frame. I'd had enough. I decided that instead of trying to live with the weight and the real possibility of future injury, I'd be proactive by losing some weight and adding some strength. Unfortunately, I didn't know where to start. After I went back to work, a coworker of mine (already doing P90x, etc) tried to convince me to go Primal. I resisted for awhile, but after doing some reading on MTA, I was sold.

Favorite exercise: Walking, lots of it

Favorite Primal food: Pork chops

Best part about being Primal: That it didn't take weeks to start to feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: That I can't, in clear conscience, eat chocolate chip cookies. And that I have to learn to like vegetables.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    Good to read some of the thousands entries!

Your location: Europe

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: I'd say 5 days a week 90 %, 2 days a week from 40 % to 70 %.

Do you consume dairy: cheese and yoghurt, i grew up on a cheese farm!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both at least twice a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and energy and switching to a 50+ hour office job with long travel times last year made me look and feel plumby

Favorite exercise: Everything outside

Favorite Primal food: bacon, fruits, and since recently more and more neighbourhood grown veggies.

Best part about being Primal: Consciousness and hopefully the health. I was also suprised that it doesn't need to be expensive: I save on 'spontaneously bought' carb/sugar food, found a local bio farm and can get as much raw milk as i like (i know, not very primal). I like fish a lot, which is expensive but its worth it. I learned i have a serious vitamin D deficit.

Worst part about being Primal: I have to eat lunches for my job, being social and business talk so i don't want to draw attention. Actually no one made a comment about my lunch yet except for a female colleague, who said 'you ordered a salad an got bacon it it as well, why are you eating it, thats not healthy!'

B.Rubble is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sacramento, Ca

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Been primal since Jan 2 this year. Very close to 100%.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stumbled upon the Paleo diet and then Mark's site. After a lot of reading and research it just made sense. I spent most of 2011 trying calorie restriction to lose weight and did, though I didn't think it was going to be sustainable. Started The Primal Lifestyle the first of this year and haven't looked back.

Favorite exercise: I like compound body weight movements

Favorite Primal food: Grilled wild salmon, but a good bone in ribeye is right there with it.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing