Page 368 of 629 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 6289

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 368

rt22rt is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want):41

How Primal are you: Not very. Today is my first day!

Do you consume dairy: Small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both. I feel dependant so I am going to try to cut down

Motivator for switching to Primal: Never been health before. Put on some lbs. Tried 4 Hour Body for 60 days, lost 30 lbs. Looking for something new.

Favorite exercise: Yet to find one? Maybe walking.

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: I will let you know

Worst part about being Primal: No chips? Again I will get back to you.

Wish me luck

eye4bewti is offline Junior Member

What I'm doing here

Hi - I live in Sonoma county, CA - I am 67 I have recently gone primal as a result of a condition that developed and I started out gluten free and now am pretty much totally on a primal diet which I have tried before without much success due to my lack of will power. Now- with this condition I've developed I have a really great incentive and have made the transition.

I consume a small amount of heavy cream and an occasion bite of cheese.

I drink coffee sometimes and also black and green teas.

I like to hike.

avocados are a staple as they make everything taste good - I use guacamole as a salad dressing - yum!

My problem has cleared up about 75% and I am also losing weight.

Hard to eat out...

GoldAmber is offline Junior Member

Our Primal Journey Begins Today - 5.15.12

Your location: Cleveland, OH

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you:
    Just Started this morning with my better half!

Do you consume dairy:
    I rarely consumed dairy before going Primal - except for cheese once in a while. I think we will still be eating a little cheese here and there, but that's about all. We always kept Almond milk and Soy milk stocked, but I think the main reason was for things like cereal, should be easy to cut these out or cut back drastically.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I love tea, and just recently started drinking coffee on ocassion. I am still trying to figure out what/if I can really use some sort of sweetener? I just dont enjoy it much without a little hint of sweet.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I have struggled with the "last" 10-15 lbs my whole life it seems. I was never really considered heavy, but I was not thin either. I have always wanted a fit toned body, but no matter how hard I worked I was never satisifed enough with the results even when I was down to a size 4. The thought of going back to a routine of going to the gym 6 times a week (twice some days) and feeling like food is the enemy was enough to make me give up the battle all together. Now, I'm looking forward to giving this a real effort and seeing real results that don't cost me hours in the gym and a boring/bland diet!

Favorite exercise:
    I really enjoy walks/jogs, biking, and tennis.

Favorite Primal food:
    I don't know yet, but I'm looking forward to having a more protein rich diet that includes meats without feeling like im doing something BAD! I am also enjoying the idea of breakfast again - I never loved cereal and smoothies were never satisfying enough. I used to think my once a week eggs and bacon was a splurge to allow myself to be a little bad HAHA. We had a scramble this morning with eggs, bacon, chopped spinach, roasted bell peppers,garlic, and tomato. Most of the ingredients were organic, and it was so delish!

Best part about being Primal:
    Even though it can seem complex, its fairly simple - don't eat processed food/sugar.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Well so far, the idea of cutting out fruit smoothies, ice-cream, and pizza. And we are surround by processed foods! ahhh :-)

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Clearwater, FL

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Been playing around for several months, have been seriously re-committing the last few months

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea!!! Am going to try bulletproof coffee soon

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weightloss and health

Favorite exercise: Anything cardio -- running, biking, swimming, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meat! Bacon, steak, homemade beef jerky

Best part about being Primal: Health

Worst part about being Primal: Getting through the first 1-2 weeks.....

TamiO is offline Member
    Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: About 95/5

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only heavy cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Exercise and 'good' diet were having no significant effect.

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed butter

Best part about being Primal: Not hungry all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Grocery bill

MaDawson is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Primal newbie

Your location: Southern Tier, NY

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Oh yeah

Motivator for switching to Primal: Friend introduced me to MDA and showed me her success story on here, I follow her blog as well. Big motivator is also weight loss and toning.

Favorite exercise: Walking, horseback riding

Favorite Primal food: Venison, chicken

Best part about being Primal: Overall feeling of health, feel great after consuming a 100% primal meal.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out seems to be ok, but family functions, there is not much to choose from so I constantly have to "bug" my mother about her menu before we go to a cookout and usually end up bringing my own food. It can be difficult to give up my constant fav's from over the years sometimes.

I have all but one of the Primal Blueprint books and I have shared them with lots of people and also routed them to this website as well. I have friends that are curious and call me and ask me questions about recipes. This is a fun experience, I am developing a new relationship and appreciation with food and with my body. THANK YOU MARK for all your efforts!

NurseGrok is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsnapperuk View Post
    Hi Nurse Grok! How is the lovely Brisbane!! How long have you been doing Primal? We (hubby and I) are originally from Melbourne! My sister lives in Noosa.

I noticed that you had an intolerance to sugar. How did you know that? Did they do any medical tests? Or did you do some trials and found a big difference that it made to you? The reason why I ask is that our son, Heath who is 5.5 yo, we feel also has the same thing. If he has any sugar (lollies and even bananas just to name a couple of things) he then has a sugar low and is just a grumpy little boy, tired, teary etc. We are waiting on tests results (23/5) and wondering what they are going to tell us.

Anyway enjoy the rest of your week!!

Kate (redsnapperuk)

Hi Kate

Thanks for the message. I found the intolerance to sugar through trial and error. After eliminating wheat I felt amazing, except for after i consumed sugar or high fructose products (even some fruits) I suffered from awful myalgia, migranes, arthralgia, and lethargy, did nothing for my usually positive mood either..... so even though I dont have a diagnosis, I do consider that my body has significant issues with sugar.... after eliminating it I feel young, healthy and full of life so its not for me....

Good luck with your results, hope you find the answers you are looking for....

Emma

Sandbox is offline Junior Member
    Hi All,

My name is Bill, I'm 41 and I work and live in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.

Today I decided to go Primal and once I finish work I'll be clearing the cupboards and fridge of all non-primal goodies the most painful of which will be all that lovely fresh crusty bread I love to eat.

I'm scared and excited about taking the plunge and hope that this will be the right fit for me to be that healthy active person I can be.

See you soon.

stevefbcoach is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Langhorne, PA

Age (If you want):40

How Primal are you:95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes- Love Cheeze

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both- recovering coffee-holic- Trying to watch my adrenal-overload

Motivator for switching to Primal: Not looking good with my shirt off- Chronic inflammation in my joints

Favorite exercise: I have been a long-time weightlifter and I am a high school strength and conditioning coach. This part is easy for me. Love the big three; bench-squat-power clean. I guess Mark and the primal crowd really opened my eyes to the "chronic cardio" plaguing our nation. Stopped that. Currently I have been trying some HIT (high intensity) training. It is different than I am used to but so far so good.

Favorite Primal food: Morning omelette.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: Social functions

kew
    kew is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: At the moment, trying to be totally primal, except for wine, and also excluding dairy. (This doesn't mean that I am perfect, especially in the seasonings/condiments department. Also I still go out to eat occasionally.)

Do you consume dairy: No. (I stopped a few days ago when I resolved to get back on the band-wagon for real. I've never tried to go dairy free before. It's very hard for me.)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to lose fat AND get control of mindless eating.

Favorite exercise: I do and love Crossfit, although I often hate the WOD while I'm doing it!

Favorite Primal food: Beef and lamb. But I am eating a lot of pork now because my local WF is stocking "5" grade pork at a reasonable price.

Best part about being Primal: Back in March, I felt like I licked the munchies: I could IF for 16 hours without blinking (overnight), and I didn't feel munchy. And in the last few days, I can say that I have not craved crackers, bread, etc, which is a nice change.

Worst part about being Primal: After lapsing before, during, and after Easter, I find it now super hard to go back to Primal eating. I guess it's the lo-carb flu period, but it's much worse than before, I feel. Also I now feel unconvinced that it will really work for me in terms of the fat loss, since in March, I only lost a couple of pounds and saw no visible difference. So now, I don't know how long I can/will/should wait to see results. I'm feeling like my age, sex, and life-long heaviness are against me. My doctor asked me, months ago, why I thought I could ever be slim, given that I have not been since before puberty. That really took me aback -- at one level, it was liberating (don't expect the impossible), and at another, it exacerbates my tendency to beat myself up and 'catastrophize.'

Gee, sorry to be so relentlessly cheerful!