Ironmin is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Ok, so here goes... Being British all this 'openness' is new to me

Name: Min

Your location: Caergwrle, North Wales, UK

How Primal are you: Just beginning, probably about 50%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a stone over-weight for the first time in my life. I want to lose that. Also, I'm currently injured so I want to increase my fitness and health whilst I can't train like I like to.

Favorite exercise: Triathlon (long distance), resistance training

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Again, not sure yet.

I'm really hoping that if I can get this under my belt I will improve in all areas - I'm really busy, under a lot of pressure and my health is suffering. Due to not being able to train properly, I've lost my 'outlet' and just want to feel in control again. I'll admit to being sceptical about this.

Your location: Europe
    Age (If you want): 34
    How Primal are you: 8/9.
    Do you consume dairy: Only raw.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with heavy cream, but less and less.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Things weren't moving in the right direction
    Favorite exercise: Outdoor sports
    Favorite Primal food: Grilled fish
    Best part about being Primal: how it makes me feel
    Worst part about being Primal: my wife not getting it... yet

daizymom is offline Junior Member

My Introduction - Teena

The Questions:

My name is Teena and I started eating Paleo/Primal at the beginning of March with a Whole 30- following in the steps of my cousin. I am significantly obese and my primary motivation for following this is my weight and health. Weight 1st, because I have to admit there is a fair bit of vanity that's motivating me right now. When I started, my weight was 275 lbs. Today marks 10 weeks, and as of this morning, I weight 256 lbs. To say that I am pleased with my results would be an understatement.

Until about a week ago, my weightlos was steady at 2-3 lbs per week. However, this past week, I actually gained 2 lbs. I had not started exercising, so this made me realise that it's time to start. Yesterday I walked with my 7 year old - he rode his bike. We had a great time. He'd get ahead of me and I'd catch up and then we went to the park. This morning, I started with 30 minutes of strength training. I did pushups, squats, lunges and the plank. Planning another walk tonight after work.

I am going on a cruise next February, and my goal is to be at the weight I want and need to be by that time - I'm honestly not sure right now what the actual number is, but I will know when I get there, and I know that it's at least 100 lbs away.

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Since starting at the beginning of March, I have had grains a total of 5 times.

Do you consume dairy: Very occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes - Coffee primariy, tea occasionally. Trying to drink more tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss

Favorite exercise: Too soon to tell - but long leisurly walks with my family are awesome

Favorite Primal food: Not sure - I love avocadoes

Best part about being Primal: Effortless weightloss, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing really - trying to convince my husband to go more primal but he doesn't have any weight or health issues and sees no reason to swtich. My children are overweight, and I'd like all of us to go primal but without my husband's support, that is next to impossible right now.

urbanLingo is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone! My name's Abraham. I'm very new to the whole Primal thing. I attempted to jump headfirst into it at the beginning of April...did well for a couple of weeks but then fell off the wagon due to not having time to buy more ingredients....ended up eating out a lot (pitiful excuse, but there you are). But now I'm back with a renewed commitment starting...today!

I usually am terrible at keeping up with forums but hopefully I will do a better job here...seems like a great community.

Your location: New York, NY

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Um...just started. I plan to stay pretty close to the ideal with the exception of a few drinks now and then and maybe sometimes hummus....I really do love hummus. I was probably pretty well Primal except for alcohol and the meat not always being grass-fed when I tried it the first go round.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Very rarely tea, but otherwise no coffee or tea. Just not a fan of the taste.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get in better shape, feel generally healthier, hopefully avoid my family's historic diabetes issues.

Favorite exercise: Traditional martial arts (especially hapkido and aikido). Long walks are always a pleasure too.

Favorite Primal food: I love meat, so pretty much any meat-heavy dish. Looking forward to trying bison if I can find it and if it isn't too outrageously expensive (student budget and all).

Best part about being Primal: Honestly, 85% of the food I really like is mostly Primal anyway, so the food issues aren't too big...I'm a huge sandwich person, but just take it out of the bread and there you go! The filling is the interesting part anyway.

Worst part about being Primal: It can occasionally be hard to find acceptable food choices when out with friends. Also getting grass-fed beef and other high-quality/organic food can put a strain on the grad student budget sometimes.

See you guys around the forums!
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

-Gandalf the Grey
    The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring

MandyBear is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Chicago

Age (If you want): Late 20's

How Primal are you: Been 80/20 for a couple months, transitioning to 95/5

Do you consume dairy:Only if fermented or high in fat/low in lactose

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both in moderation

Motivator for switching to Primal: the quest for self-actualization

Favorite exercise:Swing dancing, hiking, weight training

Favorite Primal food: bacon, duck eggs, beef

Best part about being Primal: freedom from regimented eating schedules, I love eating WHEN!

Worst part about being Primal: making non-primal compromises for others. It's so conflicting, especially with family...

VivaLaDiva is offline Junior Member
    Hi there!

Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: In food terms, pretty primal, I'd say 85%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in that I have café con leche every single day, but I'm at a distinct advantage in that I hate all but one specific kind of yogurt, and don't like cheese at all (except mozz, but now that pasta & pizza are verboten, no worries here).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, see above

Motivator for switching to Primal: Honestly, it was all my husband's idea, and he sold me on it. We had been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and the absolute CRAP that passed as 'food' had me horrified. The chemicals I hadn't really thought about before were now all that I could think about. We're going to try to have a baby soon and I'd also like to get as healthy as possible for that. We've been Primal since New Year's!

Favorite exercise: I danced when I was younger, and I love anything to do with that. I'm all about Zumba and any other type of dancing cardio!

Favorite Primal food: I make a ridiculously good ground turkey chili, I could eat it everyday! Spiced ground turkey, Carrots instead of corn, mushrooms instead of beans, salsa for even more spice and texture. Yums.

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much better! I don't get as tired, I can last through a Zumba class with more energy. I love knowing that there's very little chemicals and other crap in my body.

Worst part about being Primal: Ooohhhh, do I miss rice, a whole lot. We're trying different subs, but there's really nothing like rice (I was raised on it as an everyday staple). And as someone else posted, NYC means lots of deliciousness everywhere so it's hard to say no and stick to the Primal-friendly menu items.
    A star danced, and under that I was born.
    ~ Shakespeare

VivaLaDiva is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    Worst part about being Primal:

Eating out - I live in NYC, sometimes it's unavoidable.
    Most definitely! But there are hidden gems, too. DH and I found a great cafe in Brooklyn, Siggy's Good Food. They aren't 100% Primal, but you can at least eat organic and local there. Spinach cakes, guac and burgers are very good.
    A star danced, and under that I was born.
    ~ Shakespeare

TargeT is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alaska

How Primal are you: Barely, I cut out sugar & grain based carbs... still working my way into it

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee rarely, I stick to vit. B based drinks (rockstar recovery, monster rehab, 5 hour energy)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm 5'11 @ 190lbs, work a desk job and am around 20%+ body fat (guesstimate), I'm noticing some carpel tunnel syndroms in my wrists and lack energy, I'd rather be healthy, fit, active and able to perform any task needed with out hesitation

Favorite exercise: 12oz curl

Favorite Primal food: barely cooked grass fed steak.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Worst part about being Primal: very new, perhaps the change?

RichL is offline Junior Member
    Name: Richard L.
    Your location: Brandon. Vermont

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: learning

Do you consume dairy: swiss chess from time to time that's all

Do you drink coffee or tea: maybe way to much. 12 cups black a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to get back into shape

Favorite exercise: push up...Marine Corp!!!

Favorite Primal food: I love all meats

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet still way to new

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread because I love bacon burgers.

Mickey is offline Junior Member
    Your location: I live in Accokeek, Md

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started yesterday,but I would say 80%. I need to kick the TV habit and move a bit more.

Do you consume dairy: Lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea all kinds

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, and to get back to the person I used to be

Favorite exercise: Dead lift

Favorite Primal food: STEAK

Best part about being Primal: Stomach problems feel much better and I am only 2 days in

Worst part about being Primal: No Soda or pasta I love them both