Page 366 of 638 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368376416466 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 366

Lisa winters is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ohio (between Columbus and Cleveland)

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you:
    not enough!

Do you consume dairy:
    yes--was "lactose intolerant" when I was a kid. But in small doses, no problem. Butter, cream and cheese are excellent accessories!

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    green tea more than coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    lose weight, get healthy (to have a baby a little later)

Favorite exercise:
    walking, swimming when I can, but the Y costs money and is the only pool around

Favorite Primal food:
    bacon! and berries

Best part about being Primal:
    energy and the pure happiness of knowing I'm treating myself right

Worst part about being Primal:
    temptation and my raging sweet tooth (I'm a sugar addict)

Frog Lover is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Western Australia

Age (If you want): Female 44

How Primal are you: Don't know, even though I haven't been having bread or processed foods for about 5+ weeks.

Do you consume dairy: I have a bit of cream with fruit

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to be healthy, lighter and have more energy and not be on any medications

Favorite exercise: Had been going to the gym at work and alternating between cardio, x trainer, treadmill, and weights but have since found that the weights that I am doing are causing me to be uncomfortable in the truck at work.

Favorite Primal food: Don't know as am wanting to find out more about the foods we should and shouldn't be eating.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am going to be healthier when it gets into full swing.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure, maybe just wanting to have a dessert from work now and then, but tell myself it isn't worth it...also having the occassional can of sprite..

chas2012 is offline Junior Member
    our location:

USA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: 75%

Do you consume dairy: yes,

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea and coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise: Playing soccer, tennis and walking

Favorite Primal food: Meat and vegetables

Best part about being Primal: Makes me feel and look healthy

Worst part about being Primal: Missing corn meal

kathytnt is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Norht Texas

Age (If you want): Fiesty and 50

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: a little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither - My taste buds find it revolting

Motivator for switching to Primal: Optimal health and fat loss

Favorite exercise: Pushing away from the table LOL! Love the water but not pool. I am going to try paddleboarding soon and I love tennis!

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal: Luscios foods

Worst part about being Primal: Missing carbs sometimes and having to explain why carbs are not essential to others!

analilia is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Central California

Age (If you want): almost 35

How Primal are you: pretty new

Do you consume dairy: not drinking milk anymore and only use butter and cream occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: was never a coffee or tea drinker so I won't miss them

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and losing weight, I want to be able to change my way of eating and be able to have energy and the muscles to keep up with my 4 kids.

Favorite exercise: Just recently joined a gym and I'm enjoying pretty much everything. Mainly the strength machines and the aquatic classes (mix of cardio and strength)

Favorite Primal food: so far I'm enjoying the salads and being able to eat some of my normal Mexican recipes like pork tinga (minus the tortillas)

Best part about being Primal: my weight loss of 8lbs in 2 wks

Worst part about being Primal: not being able to have tortillas and beans

Synthetikaryote is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (near Toronto)

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 60%... until now

Do you consume dairy: I used to drink from 0.5 to 2L of milk per day, because I love it... need to figure out what I'll do now

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight

Favorite exercise: Rock climbing

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Mind-blowing concepts overhauling conventional wisdom

Worst part about being Primal: I'm going to miss dad's amazing chocolate-chip pancakes but it's totally worth it for the weight loss!

ochre.oma is offline Junior Member
    Hello all! I've been lurking for a while and thought I would finally drop in. The Primal Blueprint and paleo way of eating / living is changing my life. It's so exciting to see the changes - even though they're slow. I figure it took years of poor habits for my body to get so out of whack but there is a calm acceptance that the positive changes will happen. I don't think of this as a "diet" - this is a way of life. And that's what all the diet books talk about when they talk about permanent weight loss. This isn't just about losing weight. This is about being the most vibrant, alive person I can be. I wish I had discovered this years ago. No time to lose!

The Questions:

Your location: Tyler, Texas

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: More and more every day.

Do you consume dairy: Only in the form of ghee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I occasionally drink coffee. I add coconut milk instead of cream. Otherwise, I drink water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My daughter (Ochre.Mama) made some comments about three months ago about eating paleo and I started reading about it. She gave me Mark's web site. I was intrigued at how simple the paleo / primal way of eating is. Plus I WAS TIRED OF BEING FAT. I've lost 25 pounds so far and I don't even think about the weight loss. I just do the food.

Favorite exercise: I have bad feet (bunions on both), bad knees, a bad back, and a recent injury to my upper right arm from a bad fall. At the moment, my primary exercise is about 45 minutes daily on a rebounder. I was doing some light weights prior to the arm injury. Waiting to heal. My feet are better since I started the daily rebounder exercise (which I do barefoot). My feet seem stronger with the rebounder exercise plus I generally go barefoot at home.

Favorite Primal food: Two egg omelet cooked in coconut oil with the addition of: onion, garlic, mushrooms, kale, grated zucchini, etc. A combination of different fillings. Sometimes some salsa (as long as it contains no sugar or other crap).

Best part about being Primal: I don't have cravings anymore. When I'm hungry, it's real hunger.

Worst part about being Primal: Wanting to change the way my spouse eats. He doesn't need to lose weight and he's already ripped from working in commercial construction. But.....I think he would feel better if he ate paleo / primal. He's proud of me for the changes I've made though. I sneak in the paleo mayo and other good stuff constantly. One of these days....!

alissiam is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Elizabethtown, PA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: About 75% currently ... I cleaned out the house of all the junk and bought only meats and veggies. I have been following Paleo recipes. The reason for the 25% cut is we could not afford to buy organic. There are 4 of us and we figured we rather buy the best of what we could; hormone free, ect than to not change our lives at all.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Some coffee, about 1 or 2 per week w/ coconut milk and some tea. Mostly only water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthy. I also have severe migraine headaches and rheumatoid arthritis. I wanted to eliminate any toxins from my body. My husband has issues w/ inflammation and w/ weight. He also has borderline high blood pressure.

Favorite exercise: Yoga and swimming. We also love to hike and to be outdoors.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!! Really any kind of meat.

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling bloated and having more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Smelling chocolate in the air and not being able to devour any. But, I know that craving will go away in time. Living in E-town, we have a chocolate plant here, so it smells amazing a lot of the time.

bugleboy68 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Alberta Canada

Age (If you want):43y, male

How Primal are you:new to this but I would say fairly.

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:mostly coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:Tired of conventional wisdom not working when I dont have the time to work out every day. Im5' 11" and was 312lbs, in the 7 weeks ive been at this I have dropped 2 pant sized and 1 shirt size and all I do is walk tot he bus or train and also the grocery store.

Favorite exercise:biking

Favorite Primal food: bbq pork ribs, bacon, steak...

Best part about being Primal:lower cost of food, no calorie counting just recognising food for what it really is... medicinal fuel.

Worst part about being Primal:havnt found one yet, like I said still new, but that carb flu was a bugger.

mirday is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location:Los Angeles

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Just started.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Only raw.

Do you drink coffee or tea: An occasional coffee or black tea and many-times-a-day herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I realized carbs were a huge problem for me and started looking for the answer.

Favorite exercise: Walking with the family

Favorite Primal food: Burger on the grill (no bun, naturally) topped with an onion that's been sliced and sauteed in coconut oil.

Best part about being Primal: Skipping the post-meal crash.

Worst part about being Primal: Right now its getting really random cravings. I can't wait to be out of this detox phase.