Page 365 of 625 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 6245

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 365

Catfish Blues is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Lancaster Pennsylvania United States (Some of the most fertile soil in the world)

Been "Primal" on and off for about a year, more on than off! Been more on, maybe cheating once twice a week, I can feel the health flow through my being. Trying to become more self disciplined and really stick to it!

Dairy - once in a blue moon, I used to alot especially chocolate milk!

Motivator - Currently a student, personal training major, nutrition certification I wanna preach the good word I only know through example!

Coffee - 5 times a week, tea every now and then.

Sprints Fo sho

BACON

Best part - Overall sense of self, and awareness makes me more in touch with me, so I can be more in touch with others!

Worst part - With education such as this, everything else becomes better naturally!

kpi
    kpi is offline Junior Member

How primal am I?: I have recently cut out all processed foods from my diet and slowly am cutting out grains as I can afford to. I'm a broke college student so sometimes it is hard to avoid the cheap stuff.

Dairy: On occasion, It doesn't really bother me and I've been drinking it forever.

Coffee or Tea: I drink either chai or green tea on a moderately regular basis

Motivation: I wanna look the best and feel the best that I can. I used to be a competitive endurance runner but due to injury I had to cut down on that, so now I'm looking for a new outlet.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts and box-jumps

Favorite primal food: bacon obviously

Best part of being primal: eating everything and not having to worry about anything

Worst part: I work at an italian restaurant, sometimes it is hard to avoid.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member

How Primal am I?: Probably 95% weekdays, 85% weekends

Dairy: Only 1/2 & 1/2 in my coffee, once this one runs out, I'll go for heavy cream. Butter in cooking.

Coffee!!!!!

Motivation: Did I mention, I'll be 40 in July?

Favorite Exercise: Walk the Dog & my Full Throttle Bootcamp

Favorite Primal Food: Meat and Veggies

Best part of being primal: Love adding the butter to eggs

Worst Part: Remembering to think before I eat..

Pinwheel is offline Junior Member
    Hi all!

Your location: Warner Robins, GA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 80%? 90%?

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee in the morning, with some coconut oil + cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: I went gluten free over a year ago to ease some symptoms of an auto-immune disorder I have, but I still wasn't feeling 100%. Both my mother and sister have done really well eating Primal, so I gave it a shot!

Favorite exercise: Squats, because I can actually *do* them now

Favorite Primal food: Eggs from happy hens, garlic mac nut oil

Best part about being Primal: No more gnawing hunger!

Worst part about being Primal: Making sure I actually do eat, because it's easy not to.

Butch C is offline Junior Member
    Hello all!

Your location: Northern NV (aka - nowhere)

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: I would say 85% My fall-of-the wagon item is probably beer and wine - I have 4 or so drinks a day.

Do you consume dairy: Limited cheese. Less than an oz a day.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yerba Mate. God it tastes bad.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Both my parents have high BP and low-level diabetes. I don't need that.

Favorite exercise: Playing with the kids - frisbee, kickball, chase, etc.

Favorite Primal food: Grilled salmon.

Best part about being Primal: Seems to be working on my gut - losing about 2 lbs a week for the past month and have to say not working too hard at it.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss the beans, rice, tacos, tortillas. And hell I'm not even Mexican .

chrisynthia is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: just starting to reduce sugars and carbs

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: used to drink tea, but cut out when i stopped consuming so much sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: PCOS

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Getting healthy

Worst part about being Primal: Food limitations

HopGoddess is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Foothills of Denver, Colorado

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Just getting started. I have already cut out refined sugars, vegetable oils, and 95% of the grains.

Do you consume dairy: Yep!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea very occassionally. Especially some mint tea when I'm dragging.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm not going to lie, my weight is a HUGE part of it. But I also have low blood sugar (but am pre-diabetic - explain that one to me) and am loving not having serious homicidal urges, I mean, mood swings when I haven't eaten. Plus, I am ready to explore my inner athlete. I know she has to be in there somewhere...

Favorite exercise: Swimming! After that, cycling, or hiking while I fish, forage, and/or rockhound.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed steak and cage-free, local eggs. Yes, as one meal.

Best part about being Primal: No more crashes between meals! And everything I'm learning - my brain is very happy. Also, that my partner is on this crazy trip with me, and having a blast doing it. It's so much easier doing this with him.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to bear the scepticism from people who don't care to understand. And worrying about my parents who are extremely unhealthy and depressed about it, but won't listen to me or my partner about our journeys.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but burn, burn, burn like fabulous roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!'"

- Jack Kerouac

creeki is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Miami

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: pretty primal

Do you consume dairy:no

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:started crossfit

Favorite exercise:crossfit

Favorite Primal food:bacon! steak

Best part about being Primal:I feel a lot more energetic

Worst part about being Primal:miss carbs

jenellecal is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: North West Oregon

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Brand new, haven't shaken it down yet.

Do you consume dairy: Only cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, no sweetener

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm FAT!

Favorite exercise: ?? Haven't followed the fitness guide

Favorite Primal food: After a week I'm loving the big ass salads with a grilled chicken breast and BACON!

Best part about being Primal: Tummy doesn't hurt anymore (unless I go to Taco Ball - smack!!)

Worst part about being Primal: DH won't come on board so I'm always having to tweak the way I eat vs the way they eat.

chicago12 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hartland, WI

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: 1/2 and 1/2 and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: two cups of coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hungry all the time even though I was consuming plenty of calories.

Favorite exercise: Running and cross fit.

Favorite Primal food: Anything with fat. I haven't eaten much fat in probably close to 20 years. I went to college during the snackwell craze. Worst thing for me EVER.

Best part about being Primal: My body finally feels satiated. I have a sense of calm that I haven't felt in a very long time. If I think about it too much it brings tears to my eyes. I have been beating my head against the wall for a very long time.

Worst part about being Primal: Still trying to wrap my brain around eating all this fat. It is a bit scary for someone that has been brainwashed as long as I was.