Page 364 of 638 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 364

TheTravler is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Charlotte, nc - but I travel a lot

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 95% (that other 5% is dairy)

Do you consume dairy: Only if it's raw!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both!

Motivator for switching to Primal: seeing my parents suffer with diseases of civilization - inflammation, sore, inflamed joints, acid reflux, lack of energy.

Favorite exercise: Yoga and ice hockey

Favorite Primal food: All of it!!

Best part about being Primal: No cravings!! Not feeling like I need to feed myself every 2 hours. Discovering the joys of delicious food!

Worst part about being Primal: not being able to indulge in the local food stuff's while traveling.

tiva is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 80-90% for past 10 years

Do you consume dairy: yes--cheese and heavy cream and grass-fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: oh yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: started with Atkins 10 years ago, have always hated processed foods

Favorite exercise:cycling, kayaking, cross country skiing, hiking, and playing with our pit bulls

Favorite Primal food: carnitas and guacamole.

joo
    joo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Australia

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Cant really say now. I just recently found this thread and Paleo Diet and have been trying to cut back on Dairies and Carbs. Progressing slowly.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight, become lean and hopefully feel better for my overall health.

Favorite exercise: Cycling, Weight Lifting, Aerobic, Walking, Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Haven't started full time yet. This is my second week doing 16/8 intermittent fasting and progressing slowly to get rid off dairy and carbs completely. The best thing I feel now is that I can control my hunger and I dont crave sweet things anymore which is a very good starting point.

Worst part about being Primal: I love RICE !!

Salixalba is offline Junior Member
    Your location: uk

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Mostly.

Do you consume dairy: Yes -- I love it. Switched to grassfed butter. Ghee, cream. I am a cheese fiend. Never milk unless I can find unhomogenized.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal teas (a lot).

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense. I want to lose some weight, but also to feel strong and healthy the way I used to.

Favorite exercise: I like to sprint, and play around. I like the elliptical, lifting weights, and playing sports (baseball and football). I like competitive things.

Favorite Primal food: Primal chili! And meatza. Cracklings on roasts. Eggplant. Sweet potato fries. Dark chocolate. Coconut!!!

Best part about being Primal: I know I'm doing what's right and sane and it's a lifestyle, not a quick fix. I don't have to be "dieting", I get to be strong and a real, healthy person.

Worst part about being Primal: Thankfully I don't have a sweet tooth, I have a fat tooth! The things I love are at least arguably ok as a primal treat (cheese, cream, butter, chocolate). The only thing I LOVE that I can't have all the time is hummus. Hummus...how I love you! That and I like to bake so I am having to relearn things with other flours. Kind of negates all that time I spent perfecting rough puff pastry!

Roy219 is offline Junior Member
    My friends joked around a lot too.... but you'll keep joking about them, long after they're dead from nasty diet-related illnesses! ;-)

tn_momma is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Knoxville, TN

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: We will see (just starting out but plan to go pretty primal)

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I tried it last year for a few months and it worked great

Favorite exercise: water aerobics

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: steak

Worst part about being Primal: I love bread

jenlea72 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Central Illinois

Age (If you want): Me- 39, Hubby - 43

How Primal are you: We are fairly primal and striving to become more primal the more we learn. I started in early March, and husband started a few weeks later, LOL.

Do you consume dairy: I have discovered that I cannot, other than an occasional good raw hard cheese. Husband can and does, I have been moving him to organic/homemade dairy as much as possible, as our budget allows.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink a small cup of coffee a day w/a small amt of stevia, husband drinks decaf tea with a very small amt of stevia.

Motivator for switching to Primal: We have done the "low carb" thing through atkins & transitions with good results but not able to stay on it--we do like fruit and sweet potatoes, so being able to eat those a little more often are good. Also, I was tired of being tired and constantly fighting to keep off the weight. Husband's triglyceride levels have become high recently--knowing what we already knew about low carb, we decided to quit being children and insisting on eating our treats of bread, pasta, cookies, and ice cream and bite the bullet and really commit to being adults, taking control of our health and being better examples to our teenage boys.

Favorite exercise: Me - running and taekwando w/boys, Mike - basketball with our boys

Favorite Primal food: Steak for both of us!!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great!!

Worst part about being Primal: Answering the criticisms and questions from others who still insist on their SAD diet despite their current health issues.

Cleom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: mostly primal

Do you consume dairy: cream in coffee, milk in tea
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea & coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: to give ourselves the best chance of longterm good health, I was never a big SAD eater but this way clarifies for me what's what and how to make better choices

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: meatballs, avocados, broccoli, macadamias, I can't choose

Best part about being Primal: Feeling like I'm doing (mostly) the best I can for my body, and eating delicious food, feeling strong

Worst part about being Primal: can't think of anything right now, maybe being considered weird re food though that's not a big issue.

AyaPapaya is offline Member
    Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: In my head, I'm an 85/15 girl. I've always enjoyed eating this way. But in reality (at the moment), I can't consider myself primal. The only thing that has kept my morning sickness at bay has been a ridiculously high amount of grains. Bland, boring grains. I try to eat as much fruit and veg as I can, but it usually doesn't stay down for long. My plan is to just eat as healthy as I can for now, and then once the baby is here get back to normal - lots of fruit, veg, and protein!

Do you consume dairy: Minimal...some cheese and dark chocolate

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love tea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense, and knowing that I feel my best when I eat this way is enough motivation for me!

Favorite exercise: dancing

Favorite Primal food: a good stir-fry served over spicy roasted sweet potatoes

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better, looking better

Worst part about being Primal: The social aspect can get pretty annoying - like people mocking you for only eating salad at a pizza party...while they stuff down four slices and chug a liter of Mountain Dew. They're unhealthy, and they want you to be as well.

kitana89 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: San Francisco

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: yo yo primal... i'm trying to get there!

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never had coffee to be honest but i love my tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been trying to find a diet that would help with my level of stress, belly fat, and insomnia.

Favorite exercise: Hiking!! I love climbing, walking and exercising around nature.

Favorite Primal food: Any kind of nut! It's like the perfect food, a nice blend of protein, carbs and fats.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good about controlling my appetite. I used to constantly need snacks to keep me going but after going primal, I noticed my need for a snack pick me up has decreased.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to eat meat in front of my vegetarian friends. They are totally horrified and I sometimes feel like a lone wolf or a black sheep.