Page 363 of 638 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 363

Sean1974 is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

I have again found the light!!! I have waged wart against my gut!
    Here are my answers!

[Your location:[/B] Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - (I'm British, working over there)

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting out and trying my best, although it's hard to get grass fed/Free range meats and poultry here.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally. I do like Halloumi cheese and the odd dash of heavy cream. I did Atkins before and got lazy, not through losing faith in Atkins. My terrible will power. I think I overdid dairy while on Atkins though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: A cup of coffee a day with almond milk and coconut oil. I love green tea, especially with fresh mint or a little lemon peel for flavour.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was converted to low-carb through Atkins, which changed my way of eating and thinking, however personal circumstances/being down made me go off course. I regained the 10 KG that I had lost. ... I love the fact that Primal os more flexible when it comes to the types of foods to be eaten. It does not insist on gradually re-introducing certain foods so you get carb paranoia. On Atkins I got too bogged down with stages etc. I still watch my carbs though as I have 35 lbs to lose and hate my gut.

Favorite exercise: swimming, cycling, walking and skipping

Favorite Primal food: Steak, roast lamb, all the grean leef veggies and strawberry/avocado smoothie with home-made almond milk and coconut milk.... yumm!

Best part about being Primal: It has given me direction in life and helped me to regain confidence in myself as i KNOW it will work. I will never go back to the hell of low cal/low fat

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes not knowing how to maximise my fat shedding. There is actually no bad side to primal. The only concern is that I cannot always get organing/grassfed foods, but I try my best. I have also not cancelled out dairy. I do like the odd indulgence.

justjoan is offline Junior Member
    I'm 63 (I know, getting started late, but better than never I figure). Doing hcg right now, then planning to do LR and studying about primal/paleo for long term. Lost weight on hcg, but can't eat anything but primal type eating or I gain back, so am trying to maintain weight loss long term. But more importantly, want to be healthy and have as good a quality of life I can, then drop dead! I'm a carb addict, so hopefully that will go away eventually. My favorite exercise/hobby is probably riding my road bike. Here in Iowa we have RAGBRAI (riding 500 miles across the state in a week) and I did that twice with 10,000 or so other riders.
    I just read Taube's Why We Get Fat, am now reading Primal Blueprint, reading blogs, trying to learn as much as possible and sift out the information that doesn't fit me. Of course, this is all not mainstream, so I'm trying to educate myself as mucvh as possible and make sure it's credible information.

allison223 is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Restarting, did 6 months last year and relapsed to veganism...gasp :-0

Do you consume dairy: yes, doesn't seem to affect me either way

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both. coffee in AM

Motivator for switching to Primal: mainly health, makes me feel great, want to lose some fat ~5-8lbs

Favorite exercise: lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs cooked in butter

Best part about being Primal: feeling strong and healthy, getting to eat foods that actually fill me up, i am hungry 24/7 on a vegan diet

Worst part about being Primal:if i am being honest, i could live without eating meat the rest of my life. problem is, my body feels differently and definitely does better with it. trying very hard to get used to eating it. i am enjoying the bacon though....who doesn't

sniderman is offline Junior Member
    Hi folks,

I've been lurking for a while now, finally joined up a couple of weeks ago, and thought it time to get on with the introduction- Here's the low-down:

The Questions:

Your location: New Jersey, USA

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: I'd say 95%+.

Do you consume dairy: yes - butter, a little cheese and cream now and then, mostly in recipes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: general health, weight loss, trying to repair the effects of 50+ years of living the SAD.

Favorite exercise: walking and bicycling.

Favorite Primal food: broccoli, spinach, grass-fed beef and free-range poultry.

Best part about being Primal: increased energy while losing weight.

Worst part about being Primal: affording all these better-quality groceries...

snorth is offline Junior Member
    I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided it was time to introduce myself and commit...so here goes:

Your location: near Bath, ME in the summer/near Jacksonville, FL in the winder

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: I just started primal 2 weeks ago. I have dropped grain completely (except for one "cheat meal" last night). My plan is to adjust to the grain-less diet and after 3-4 weeks, take on another PB premise. I am still drinking about a glass a wine per night with dinner -- that might be next.

Do you consume dairy: I don't drink any milk, but I do like cheese and the occasional yogurt. Actually, kind of confused about dairy and it's acceptablity on PB.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea every day. Several cups.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several years ago, I did the Blood Type diet. As a result of my blood type, O, the prescribed diet was very similar to PB (meat, veg, no dairy, no grains, no sugar, fruit, fats). I lost weight while eating this way and it seemed to work well for me. But ultimately, I got lazy and slipped back into the grain world...and gained the weight back.

Favorite exercise: For the last 3 years, I've been training and running half marathons. I never especially enjoyed running, but it seemed like a good way to amp up my metabolism as I aged. I did like the feeling after running, tho. I also walk daily (I have a jack russell that needs to be walked!), play golf (walking) and enjoy strength training (Crossfit, TRX). After starting PB two weeks ago, I've backed off the running (my knee was bothering me anyway) and am focusing on walking, strength and yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Any animal protein - I'm a meatatarian!

Best part about being Primal: Eating this way feels right to me.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't think that wine is primal... Also, I'm having trouble adjusting to the full-fat philosphy after so many years of eating low or no fat (yogurt, cheese...)

sadvic is offline Junior Member
    Your location: I am in Avon, Ohio (a suburb of Cleveland)

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: As a newbie I'm sure I have lots to learn. I am primal to the point where I have given up sweets (including sweeteners) and processed carbs. I am currently working most on cleaning up and understanding the correct way to eat. I haven't done as well in exercise (although I walk, I haven't been good at all out sprints or lifting heavy things). These are things I know I need to work on. Mentally, I'm 100% primal!

Do you consume dairy: I have heavy cream in my coffee most days (1 cup per day) and I do eat cheese on my salad and occasionally will snack on a cheese slices. I do use sour cream when called for (yesterday had a pulled pork mexican salad ... used sour cream on that).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee mostly. Have thought of incorporating tea into my diet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have been following low-carb past 8 years or so. Initially lost, fell away from it and have dabbled back into it on and off over the years. No success losing weight the way I did the first go-around. Became frustrated and decided to learn more about Paleo (my daughter follows Paleo and steered me in that direction). The more frustrated I became about low carb (Atkins), the more I realized I was banging my head against the wall and needed a new direction. I was at my local BJ's Wholesale club and spotted Mark's Primal Blueprint book and cookbook. Decided this was worth a shot and have fell in love with it ever since. I have been on and off and studying this subject for a very long time ... it just took me this long to have it all make complete sense. No turning back now!

Favorite exercise: I mainly walk. Recently walked a half marathon (4th one) and hurt my foot (tendonitis). Have had to lay off for a bit. Went out today (after a 6 week rest) and am just about good as new. Looking forward to getting back to walking and incorporating other primal exercise.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken. I seem to be a Chicken-o-holic! Also, bacon ... never tire of bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Food/sweet/carbohydrate cravings are GONE. Appetite is under control. Feel much more in control and at peace with myself. Have been without sweets/bad carbs for about 4 weeks now and feel the difference. Have not weighed myself (darn scale needs new AAA batteries) so not sure the number. Although I don't really care about the number, I just know I feel lighter and I don't bloat (swell) as when I eat the unhealthy stuff.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't think there is a worst part. I wish society was on board with it, however. I feel like I know too much and there is no way I can ever go back. I would have to turn a completely blind eye to every walk away. Will never happen!

PrimalMummy is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Sydney, Australia but originally from the UK.

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: I am just starting. I have been cutting down on grains/sugar for a month or so, and switching over to butter rather than margarine and so on, but I am intending to start fully tomorrow! I would say I was about 50% of the way there so far.

Do you consume dairy: A small amount. Cheese, yoghurt and butter I can eat with no troubles, but I find that milk makes my nose/throat feel mucousy so I don't tend to drink it other than a small amount in tea and coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes both, depends on how I feel. Usually coffee in the mornings and neither after about 3.30pm.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Primarily weight loss, because years of eating low fat, calorie counted, wholegrain heavy meals has left me heavy, depressed, exhausted and with things like eczema and hair loss.

Favorite exercise: swimming, walking along the beautiful coastline south of Sydney.

Favorite Primal food: eggs, any meat

Best part about being Primal: I am hoping that it will make me feel 'normal' and that it will give me more energy. I am also hoping that it will set my daughters up for a lifetime of good health, so that they never have to go through the weight and health struggles that I have.

Worst part about being Primal: I spoke to my mother in law about us going primal a few weeks ago, and she is now convinced that I am going to kill her son and grandchildren with all of the "Artery-clogging-saturated-fat" they are going to be eating. I hate having to defend my decision and won't speak to her about it again.

BeeBop is offline Junior Member
    A great BIG hello to all the Groks and Grokettes out there!
    I felt that after a bit of skulking about in the shadows that it was time to come out of my cave and embrace my burgeoning Grokette-ness. So here I am My name is Bee and I am a recovering vegetarian (Please be gentle with me.... I still feel somewhat guilty about consuming animals again)

The Questions:

Your location:
    Melbourne Australia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Primal in training....

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes. Unhomogenised organic milk, cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Voracious tea drinker (mainly green, white and herbal) with the occasional weak coffee dalliance.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I have slowly started to feel like a partially functioning run down mess. Gluten makes me disgustingly ill....so much so that I cannot even make it through a full week of the doctors "gluten challenge" to get tested for coeliac disease.... I have low grade allergies to an increasing amount of foods....and I am hunted by migraines on an increasingly regular basis. I have removed gluten, sugar and the most refined junk from my diet.... in an effort to feel better and while I do feel better I do not yet feel great! I want to feel great!

Favorite exercise:
    Depends on the day... sometimes I run .... interval train .... jog... walk...weights...do yoga.... dance (really badly away from all witnesses) ....

Favorite Primal food:
    Berries.... and much to lingering vegetarian brains alarm.... I have rediscovered just how tasty chicken is.... Sorry chickens....Maybe I won't like you as much in a few weeks.....

Best part about being Primal:
    So far .... and it hasn't been long ...... The energy is the best bit... I already feel fantastic!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Having to listen to my inner vegetarian bitch at me for removing its high moral ground.... especially when I feel so damn good so far.... Oh and having the overwhelming urge to thank my food for dying for me... That one is bound to up my weirdness quotient!

I look forward to learning a lot more about being primal and will probably pick many a brain as I am learning (in a strictly educational non carnivorous way of course)

Millions of smiles
    Bee

jammingjn is offline Junior Member
    The Answers:

Your location:
    Issaquah, WA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Starting and trying to be fully Primal

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Coffee and Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I've been the ultimate poster boy for Conventional thinking. I'm 39 years old, 280lbs, 42' waist and stuck in Cardio Exercise Hell. My wife and I participate in Mud Runs, Triathlons, 5K's and Adventure Races and with all my working out I havenít lost me any weight. I use 120 units a day of insulin on average and it continually goes up and I was eating between 300 and 350 grams of carbs a day. My wife and I need this lifestyle (Primal) and we are ready to make a change!

Favorite exercise:
    Swimming

Favorite Primal food:
    Steak

Best part about being Primal:
    Still waiting to get there but hopefully be able to just go and do without having to worry about "Can I do this?"

Worst part about being Primal:
    Not sure yet but right now just all my life's staples (Rice, Bread and Pasta) is no longer in the house!

meghzilla is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Florida

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I'm shooting for 90/10, but trying to be patient with myself

Do you consume dairy: Only cheese. I'm lactose intolerant, so I try to make it only hard cheeses (brie is just too good sometimes)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink far too much coffee, and am trying to substitute in some herbal and green teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To find a healthier, leaner me. My father had a quintuple bypass earlier this year and he's only in his 50's. I don't want to follow that path.

Favorite exercise: Walking and Hiking! Also climbing things like trees and big rocks.

Favorite Primal food: a nice rare steak, especially with brussel sprouts.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling an energized calmness, instead of the manic feeling of a sugar high.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to politely turn down offered food, even though it looks really delicious.