Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 6347

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 362

lizmint is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Cumbria UK

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Pretty much.

Do you consume dairy: Occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: I gave up caffeine years ago, and every time I tried even the odd cup of tea or coffee, I felt jittery, then later tired, and it affects my sleep even in small quantities. I'm definitely better off without it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronic fatigue for decades, feeling constantly hungry, struggling with my weight, bloating, and just generally feeling horrible.

Favorite exercise: Long walks in the Cumbrian countryside and I'm just getting into bodyweight exercises.

Favorite Primal food: Locally raised lamb, eggs from our beautiful little Brown Leghorn hens.

Best part about being Primal: Having lots of energy, not feeling constantly hungry, having better digestion, feeling that I'm doing the best for my body, enjoying my food like never before, the resulting complete turnaround in my health (thank you Mark Sisson).

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to stick to primal at social events. Other than that nothing. I love it.

JudiO is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,
    My name is Judi and I've been Primal for just about a month, and I'm feeling great! I ate pretty clean before that, but included a lot of whole grains.

I'm 47 and live in Oxford, CT (near New Haven). I'm working my way towards being more and more primal as I learn more. In fact I've committed to absolutely no grains for the month of May. I do consume dairy, but I'm noticing that some of it (some cheeses) upset my stomach. Organic whole milk, Greek Yogurt, and Keifer do not seem to bother me. I do drink a little (1-2 cups) of coffee or tea a day. I've been doing more green tea lately than coffee. Even in this first month, my body's become more sensitive. I switched to Primal because a friend was trying it and feeling great. I guess I'm not totally there yet, because my favorite exercise is still running (I also LOVE Bikram Yoga). Not sure I'll be able to give that up, and to tell the truth, not trying at the moment. My favorite Primal (and even before Primal) food is Wild Caught Salmon. Eat it at least twice a week!

My favorite part is how great I feel. For the first 2-3 weeks, my workouts were tough, but now I feel as strong, or stronger than ever. My biggest worry (and I think I'll post this else where for advice) is my husband. He'll eat (and cook) primal meals with me but will also go out and get a sandwich (on a white roll, of course) and chips every day for lunch. He has high cholesterol and blood pressure and I'm a little worried about the effects the fat will have on him if he's still consuming refined carbs. Please don't tell me to make him switch. People will do what they want to do, and I have no interest in "forcing" him to do something he isn't interested in.

Anyway, that's a pretty long winded intro. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning lots!

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Madcap Miss is offline Junior Member
    My name is Gina, a.k.a. Madcap Miss. I'm a Narcoleptic in remission. Huh? How's that? I went gluten free and low carb last July and saw an immediate turn around in symptoms.

My son and mom are also Narcoleptics. Mom went gluten free and low carb in December and has seen a major turn around in symptoms too. It was because of my son that I found MDA....my son is wanting off the Narcolepsy meds so I was looking for some kind of diet that he could follow that was both low carb and gluten free rather than a hodge podge of multiple diets (like I was doing). I wanted something simple for him to follow and EUREKA I found the 21 day Total Body Transformation. I fell in love with the plan since it covers everything from diet to sleep to stress relief. ALL IN ONE just like I was looking for.

I'm going to do the plan with him. Our start date will be sometime this summer (gotta work around his trip with his dad). I'm so jazzed I want to start right now....gonna wait so we can experience it together and help each other over the bumps.

Wish us luck.

I've seen a few mentions of folks with Narcolepsy that have made a switch to primal and seen great results but not many folks are blogging about it or yelling through a bullhorn about it....maybe that person will be me since I've got a great big mouth...the better to eat yummy food with right?

Hailee94 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Miami, FL

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: Just started Primal a few days ago so I'd say about 60% right now

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I am trying to slowly cut that from my diet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink green tea once in a while and unsweeted iced tea but that's mainly it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My girlfriend told me about Primal and at first I was a little skeptical about it because I ate so horrible with all the processed foods, sugar and practically no veggies... But now I'm getting more used to it and I like the change.

Favorite exercise: Pull ups

Favorite Primal food: Pastured eggs with mushrooms, baby spinach, bacon, and onions.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better about yourself and no more "food comas"

Worst part about being Primal: None

Kasee123 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Victoria BC Canada
    How Primal are you: Just started to eat more Primal about a month ago so I'd say about 75%. Still not sure I am eating correctly and I have yet to hunt down some grass fed beasts
    Do you consume dairy: Very little, milk in coffee until this wee, now black only
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee about 5 cups per day
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Going to be 50 in December, I do not want to still be in the 230's 5' 10
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite Primal food: Eggs, bacon, avocado, most meat
    Best part about being Primal: Dropped 15 lbs in one month
    Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far!

Michi is offline Junior Member
    Hi! You can call me Michi or Michelle, but don't call me Shelly!

Your location: Denver, CO

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I'd say probably 90/10. Not going to lie, I still put a teaspoon of sugar in my tea in the mornings. But that is down from 2 1/2 teaspoons.

Do you consume dairy: Rarely. I had a milkshake on my birthday.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Migraines/IBS/Psoriasis. First two issues gone...psoriasis much much much better.

Favorite exercise: Walking and wall push offs. I have a wrecked wrist and probably will never be able to do real push ups again, but I love them.

Favorite Primal food: Bison

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better than I have since I was a young child

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing comes to mind!

Gary Malfatti is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Anselmo, Ca.

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: Partially Primal

Do you consume dairy: Some cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: I don't know

Best part about being Primal: Feel great

Worst part about being Primal: Can't eat chips

JudyCr is offline Senior Member

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: new to it but feeling great

Do you consume dairy: organic cheese and cream, egglands best eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: love Gevalia Peruvian organic in the AM..and organic green tea every afternoon

Motivator for switching to Primal: reading so much about it lately

Favorite exercise: treadmill, twice daily, & swimming

Favorite Primal food: Viital Choice salmon & scallops and Lacense beef

Best part about being Primal: good mood always

Worst part about being Primal: miss Breyers but strawberries and cream very good substitute

stonetool is offline Junior Member
    Your location: San Francisco

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Zealot with weaknesses.

Do you consume dairy: Triple cream brie, buttermilk, full fat cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee daily, tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal:Expiration of warantee, feeling lethargic, bloated and uninspired. Tired of being pescatarian and starting to gain weight. Tennis game going to hell.

Favorite exercise:Tennis, golf, skiing, snowboarding, jogging, soccer, baseball, softball, skateboarding, bowling, biking, ultimate frisbee, there's probably something I forgot.

Favorite Primal food:Steak, bacon, pork chops, lamb chops, sardines, sausages.

Best part about being Primal:I've got that bounce back in my steps, and I'm not tired walking 18 and carrying the bag.

Worst part about being Primal:Beer! I still insist on one after a 3-hour tennis match though. If they stopped making beer, I'd have to quit playing tennis.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: Ottawa, Ontario

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Very new but jumped right in. So far, over 80%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I LOVE dairy! Love cheese, milk, cream, sour cream, BUTTER! Pretty much anything dairy (except cottage cheese)...maybe full-fat is better... may give a try.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee daily. Tea when I'm sick.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Made sense.

Favorite exercise: Walking, deadlifts and benchpress.

Favorite Primal food: Meat and butter!!!

Best part about being Primal: I'm enjoying good food!!

Worst part about being Primal: My boyfriend isn't so he sneaks in fresh bread made from the best bakery in town (Art Is In).