Page 361 of 638 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 361

Mnorton1228 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want):21

How Primal are you: Not primal enough, but I have found that my favorite meals consist of simply meat and veggies.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Will be doing my best to get away from that though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not regularly

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to get back in shape. It seems for the past two years Ive been yo-yo'ing and I want to get the weight off and stay off.

Favorite exercise: Pull ups

Favorite Primal food: Steak Medium- Medium Rare

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great and being healthy

Worst part about being Primal:I miss pizza lol!

NellyH is offline Junior Member
    My location; Bristol, England, UK

Age;40

How Primal are you; not very only started on Sunday

Do you consume dairy; yes but want to find a replacement

Do you drink coffee or tea; tea hence the dairy and need for a replacement you can have in tea otherwise I hit the sugar!

Motivator for switching to Primal; easing IBS symptoms of bloating, fatigue, painful cramps, wind. I would like to lose 7-10 pounds however its not my main focus.

Favourite exercise; hmmm probably swimming and walking

Favourite Primal food; fish

Best part about being Primal; naturally nurturing my body whilst eating lots of great food

Worst part of being Primal; not eating my homemade cakes and cutting out the sweet stuff

RobynHoney is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Quebec

How Primal are you: Just starting my 3rd day

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter and some cheese

Do you drink coffe or tea: Yes 1-3 cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, energy and health..

Favorite exercise: Walking and Leslie Sansone`s Walking away the pounds

Favorite Primal food: Hamburgers (without the bun) and cauliflower

Best part of being Primal: I feel better and its only been 3 days.

Worst part of being Primal: none that I can think of.

brennagough is offline Junior Member
    My location: Missouri, USA

How Primal am I? Just into week number 2, so a beginner

Do I consume dairy: Yes, but I buy butter from a lady who makes it on her farm

Do I drink coffee or tea: No to coffee, I do drink unsweet tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, my health, wanting to feel better and this makes sense

Favorite exercise: I hate exercising, but I do walk on the treadmill and I love to go on walks on the outdoor trail we have here in out town.

Favorite Primal food: Anything fresh

Best part of being Primal: so far, the 5 pounds I have lost and the bloat feeling going away.

Worst part of being Primal: I miss pasta and cookies.

lftw8s is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: i'm non-organically primal!

Do you consume dairy: my 'allowance' is 2 tbsp per day (cream). no other dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 coffee per day. Green tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: curiosity

Favorite exercise: weight training (no one fav)

Favorite Primal food: don't have a favourite food, but favourite meal is a big *** salad each day!

Best part about being Primal: eating only when hungry vs eating every couple of hours

Worst part about being Primal: extreme fatigue...(perhaps sodium and/or good fat deficient--working on that)

LoriR is offline Junior Member
    My location: Arvada, CO

How Primal am I? Well, I used the Paleo diet "mostly" for the past 10 years. July 2010 started the unexplained weight gain of 10 lbs. August 2011 was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and this started the 40 lb weight gain. All while mostly eating Paleo. I have now been on GAPS, without dairy, for the past 9 months which is for the most part Paleo. I also have a diagnosis for severe chronic fatigue.

Do I consume dairy? No, except for butter.

Do I drink coffee or tea? I drink one shot of organic espresso a day.

MOtivator for switching to Primal: I truly believe the concept, and after starting it found many unwanted symptoms disappearing.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite primal food: chicken liver pate

Best part: helps me regulate my insulin

worst part: hard to eat at someone else's home.

fraydecat is offline Junior Member
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Atlanta, Georgia

Age (If you want): just turned 47...eek.

How Primal are you: not a lot(yet)

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: get healthy, lose weight, prevent disease and not in that order.

Favorite exercise: dancing, I guess.

Favorite Primal food: berries

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: ???

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Hello from darn sarf! Sounds like you've started as you mean to go on.

fireant is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Carolina, USA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Nutrition = mostly. Exercise = working on it.

Do you consume dairy: Some cheese, but much much less than before.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and overall health.

Favorite exercise: Any physical activity that can be turned into a competition.

Favorite Primal food: A big, thick, grass-fed filet with grilled zucchini and portabellas.

Best part about being Primal: It doesn't feel like a diet and I have no guilt when I deviate...I simply count that as part of my 20% and move on. Oh, and the weight loss (37 pounds in 4 months so far).

Worst part about being Primal: The constant need to explain to people why I am not eating the pizza/sandwiches/doughnuts/cupcakes/etc that are provided. I am always "the picky one" when eating with a group of people. Also, the eye rolls when I start sentences with "According to the Primal Blueprint..." or "Grok would/wouldn't..."

skeene is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My location: Seattle area. Close enough.

My age: 50

How Primal am I? Pretty darn primal. And getting more so all the time.

Do I consume dairy? A little. Not much. Mostly fermented (Full fat plain yogurt and cheese)

Do I drink coffee or tea? Dude, I live in Seattle, and my grandparents were Swedish. Coffee is like mother's milk to me. I drink it black, strong, and organic...though as I get older, I have to stop midafternoon if I want to sleep.

Motivator for switching to primal: Tired of always gaining weight and being depressed and out of energy. When I read about primal, something clicked...it said, this is how you are supposed to eat. I have been easing into it for a couple of months.

Favorite exercise: walking outdoors. When it's not raining. Otherwise, yoga and dancing with the xbox.

Favorite primal food: BACON!!!!

Best part about being primal: BACON!!!! and avocados. and grass fed beef. and omelettes. You mean I can eat all this AND get healthier? SOLD!

Worst part about being primal: cutting back on the beer. Way back. Sob. (OK, seriously, I love good beer.) But also the sheer amount of cooking...I work almost full time and am in grad school, time to cook is limited. I miss cans of soup and frozen dinners. (Not really, but they do make life easier.)

I am a female, 50 year old grad student who has fought her weight and depression for her entire life. While I have lost a couple of pounds so far in the six weeks or so I have been doing this, I think my increased energy and happiness seal the bill for me. As I start to ramp up the exercise (right now I have a bad ankle that makes walking painful, getting it looked at next week) I expect the weight loss to jump up. Also, I am still easing into the lifestyle, though I am at least to the 80/20 mark food-wise.