Page 360 of 620 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 6195

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 360

Redsnapperuk is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Nurse Grok! How is the lovely Brisbane!! How long have you been doing Primal? We (hubby and I) are originally from Melbourne! My sister lives in Noosa.

I noticed that you had an intolerance to sugar. How did you know that? Did they do any medical tests? Or did you do some trials and found a big difference that it made to you? The reason why I ask is that our son, Heath who is 5.5 yo, we feel also has the same thing. If he has any sugar (lollies and even bananas just to name a couple of things) he then has a sugar low and is just a grumpy little boy, tired, teary etc. We are waiting on tests results (23/5) and wondering what they are going to tell us.

Anyway enjoy the rest of your week!!

Kate (redsnapperuk)

Redsnapperuk is offline Junior Member
    Hi Nurse Grok! How is the lovely Brisbane!! How long have you been doing Primal? We (hubby and I) are originally from Melbourne! My sister lives in Noosa.

I noticed that you had an intolerance to sugar. How did you know that? Did they do any medical tests? Or did you do some trials and found a big difference that it made to you? The reason why I ask is that our son, Heath who is 5.5 yo, we feel also has the same thing. If he has any sugar (lollies and even bananas just to name a couple of things) he then has a sugar low and is just a grumpy little boy, tired, teary etc. We are waiting on tests results (23/5) and wondering what they are going to tell us.

Anyway enjoy the rest of your week!!

Kate (redsnapperuk)

Brandy72 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Beautiful Tampa Bay, Florida.

Age (If you want): 39 and lookin' fine

How Primal are you: Into my 2nd week and getting stronger everyday. Let's say 93 %. Down 4 pounds. uh huh, uh huh.

Do you consume dairy: Definitely a dash of half and half for my coffee 2x daily. greek yogurt and cheese too.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love me some coffee! Have you tried Costco's brand KIRKLAND ??? Life altering, give it a try. Thank me later.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Living in Florida, you see a fair amount of elderly in really bad shape physically. I dont want to be that person. Live Long - Drop Dead really hit a note with me, as does the whole primal mindset. I'm just aggressive and dominant like that. Hitting 40 seemed like a great push to pursue a better me.

Favorite exercise: ummmmmm.......ummmmmm. Not a exerciser by instinct. But swimming would probably have to be it.

Favorite Primal food: Steak cooked in butter and eggs for breakfast. What a great way to start my Mommy Day!!!

Best part about being Primal: The mind connection to something so powerful and resonates with me. I am done waiting for the next big fad to pop up. I put all my other books away, donated most. Even after just 2 weeks, I feel like I am at home.

Worst part about being Primal: quick snacks to go can be a challenge for me. Only so many nuts a girl can handle

Guitar_grrrl is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Age (If you want):54

How Primal are you:About 86%

Do you consume dairy:No

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:Autoimmune Disease (MS)

Favorite exercise:Road biking.

Favorite Primal food:Oysters

Best part about being Primal:I feel lighter, more healthy, maybe slightly more energetic.

Worst part about being Primal:I tend not to talk about it to non-primal folk.

Guitar_grrrl is offline Junior Member
    By 86%, I have 2-3 "cheater meals" per week, but nothing too disgusting. I had quinoa pancakes this am.

ninagski is offline Junior Member
    I'm into my second week being primal, and despite a fair amount of beer consumption last weekend, I have managed to drop 4.5 lbs in my first primal week! I was shocked, I thought I'd read the scale wrong! So far this diet has been great, been cooking much more and I feel ok eating bacon again, because for so long I denied myself of the joy! My boyfriend is on Primal with me and so far we both love it. His mood has improved immensely - always whistling and smiling now!

The Questions:

Your location: Jersey City, NJ (Just over the Hudson River from NYC)

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Only two weeks in, but I'd say 90%

Do you consume dairy: Used to, but since going Primal I have cut it all out (with the exception of the little bit in the dark chocolate I eat on occasion)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep, coffee and herbal tea. I did switch my creamer from Half and Half to Coconut Cream though!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of constantly counting calories and not eating things I love for fear of them being "bad" for me.

Favorite exercise: Spinning classes and yoga

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!!!

Best part about being Primal: Bacon!!

Worst part about being Primal: No more baked ziti or lasagna...my family is Italian!

Klink is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan

How Primal are you: Just starting my 3rd week in, but so far so good

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter, cream, and some cheese

Do you drink coffe or tea: Yes sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, more energy, better health.

Favorite exercise: Going for walks in the woods

Favorite Primal food: Steak and mushrooms

Best part of being Primal: Already feeling better

Worst part of being Primal: None

Jackson Hydra is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Midwest

Age (If you want): 55 and counting

How Primal are you: New to the Primal lifestyle. I am here to learn.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I recently lost 100 pounds on a low fat diet, and another 20 while I was trying to find my bodies new set-point. While I was pleased with the weight loss, I am now skinny-fat.

So I have several motivators. I do not want to return to my old eating habits and hence my old weight. I want to find a diet and exercise regime that will help me return to a healthy life. And finally, as I researched all the various diet/lifestyles that I could find, the primal ideas just made the most sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Bike riding. Great scenery and easy on the knees.

Favorite Primal food: Actually as I try many primal recipes from many sources, I'm discovering new things every day. Far too early for me to call a favorite yet.

Best part about being Primal: While discovering so many wonderful foods is high on the list, Something happened last week that blew my mind.

I have been transitioning into Primal food for about a month now. It took a week or two to finish up the bread and cereal I couldn't quite bare to throw away. So I wasn't expecting or looking for any big changes, but last week as I was tidying up my bathroom I picked up the 500 count bottle of Ibuprofen and suddenly realized I hadn't taken any in two weeks. I was previously taking it daily, often twice or more a day to combat regular headaches. I honestly can't remember the last time I went that long without a headache. So perhaps my body is trying to tell me something.

Worst part about being Primal: Sticker Shock at the health food grocery! I know it's worth it, and I'm already researching local CSA's and Farmer's Markets so I'm sure I can bring it down a bit, but I usually pay for my groceries with cash. My first basket full made me pull out my Debit card.

Looking forward to learning a lot. There seems to be a lot of smart and experienced people here.

Jackson

Rusulka is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Atlantic Canada

Age (If you want): (almost) 32

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: Not regularly (cheese, cream occasionally)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I hate the way I feel

Favorite exercise: I don't enjoy exercise. I was doing some Wii Fit workouts that weren't too bad before I injured both knees. Occasionally use a stationary bike.

Favorite Primal food: Animals

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy and better sleeping

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations with lack of primal food

Been overweight most of my life, with lots of yo-yoing. Gained a lot (a lot!) of weight when pregnant 7 years ago. Lost some of it, but have been struggling with the excess ever since. Now that I'm in my thirties, I feel worse than I ever have my whole life. I'll be 32 on Saturday and my sister (who has turned me on to primal/paleo) and I have decided to go full primal on Sunday. I plan to sneak my son, who is an extreme carbohol, onto Primal little by little with the hopes that it will ease some of his lingering autism symptoms. (He's been off the milk for a number of years, but I know the grains are affecting him as well, but can't convince my husband of this, since my husband is lean and healthy and eats that shit all the time)

I'm not looking to be a super-model, or even look good in a bathing suit. I am just so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Looking forward to all your support.
    Rusulka

leeraynor11 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Unsure, i'm still reading up on what 100% paleo is. I'm grain free except for corn for about 2 months. My diet consists of meats (about 50% of the time grass fed), fruit and veg and nuts.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No - 1 or 2 cups of herbal tea a day but no caffeine

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm in a 12step recovery programme for food addiciton and as my food plan has become cleaner and cleaner i've become more aware of foods that 'trigger' me or make me feel a bit off. About a year ago I cut out all sugars and caffeine, then I found myself becoming more sensitive to dairy so that went and most recently I've cut out grains. I didn't think they made me feel unwell until I went off them for a few weeks. So many symptons which I thought were completely unrelated are now gone!

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: At the moment nuts, although I've started listening to some primal podcasts and will slowly cut down my consumption from an everyday food to a sometimes food when the time feels right

Best part about being Primal: No more bloating, stomach pains or dry skin

Worst part about being Primal: I still miss grains a bit for that 'full' feeling. I didn't eat any 'white' foods but I miss brown rice a bit.