Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 358

Rtkam is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location:Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you:Fully

Do you consume dairy:No

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes,black

Motivator for switching to Primal:Cancer and other health issues, want to stay as healthy as possible for my kids

Favorite exercise: Strength training

Favorite Primal food:Chicken

Best part about being Primal:Energy

Worst part about being Primal:Monotony

T4Turtle is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Minnesota, USA

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 85% for about 2 weeks now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight, feel better, hopefully clear up some skin issues I have been having the last 3 years.

Favorite exercise:Walking, Running, Lifting

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Just feel better and know it will start loosing weight.

Worst part about being Primal: The shopping and food preperation takes a lot of time.

Airmed is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

My location: Oregon near Portland

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Perfect Health Diet currently. So I eat some dairy and a little rice. About 90/10 as far as diet. Exercise is another matter...

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Suspected that grains, especially wheat might be causing some problems, also need to lose weight and Primal just seemed to make perfect sense for me.

Favorite exercise: Dancing

Favorite Primal food: Wild Alaskan Salmon

Best part about being Primal: insanely simple cure for my digestive problems and brain fog

Worst part about being Primal: Other people don't get it and having to shop, prepare and serve SAD to family members

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Montana

Age (If you want): 28

How primal are you: 80/20 I would say at the moment

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I have cut back a lot. Cheese (mostly goat,) heavy cream, Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee,coffee, more coffee! Tea too

Motivator for switching to Primal: Discovered an intolerance to gluten, then discovered "gluten-free" foods are CRAP! Want to lose some pesky pounds

Favorite exercise: HIIT, biking, weight-lifting, backpacking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Eating more than on 'calorie restrictive' diets

Worst part about being Primal: I have a major sweet tooth, beer(sniff,sniff)

AlexInSC is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Columbia, SC

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you:

Getting back to it after a 4 month crash. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. I'll be spending part of my day today re-cleaning out the kitchen. I always kept to eating organic and locally grown... but then I started really bailing and having my old stand-by's... pizza, etc.. it was my "stress relief valve".

Do you consume dairy: Yes... organic cheeses from the local farmer's market when we can get it. From Earthfare when we can't.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I enjoy 1-2 cups of organic coffee (whole bean bought, we grind it ourselves) each morning. Not much of a tea drinker, unless it's iced tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Coming back to it.... I originally did it because I'd been diagnosed hypertensive, and with Type 2 Diabetes, and it help me beat both. Now, for various reasons, I'm back up where I was, and I'm at that "fed up" point that is making me dive back in, started with an 18 hour fast yesterday.

Today I go see a new doctor. Not looking forward to explaining why I don't want medications.

Favorite exercise: I enjoy weight lifting. I know it's not the 'preferred' approach, but with my knees (screwed up in high school, and beyond) squats are basically impossible for me without intense pain (at least until I drop about 100 pounds probably), and other exercises are difficult due to other joint issues (bad wrists from heavy typing, and so on). I do plan to integrate the basics wherever possible.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Plain and simple. A good grass fed local steak.

Best part about being Primal: I feel awesome when my system is cranking like it should be. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza.. and pasta... always will I think. But it's a choice I'm making.

Your location: Apex, NC

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Not really yet. Putting my toes in the water.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, creamer for my coffee and parmesan cheese on my salad for lunch. I don't drink milk straight and ice cream can have very unpleasant side effects.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Heaviest I have ever been. Tried Atkins and had some success but it's not a way of life.

Favorite exercise: Crossfit. Just joined a box near my house.

Favorite Primal food: I am a meatatarian. Any red meat.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't done it yet but from what I can see is first the energy, second the weight loss, and lastly not feeling like you are starving yourself to lose weight.

Worst part about being Primal: I love beer and moderation isn't in my voacbulary. I do like red wine as well so I will likely have to make a choice.

Groktimus Prime is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Indianapolis, IN

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: By no means a model PBer, but I've gradually evolved from something like low-carb Atkins to low-carb Paleo.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love real cheese and a little yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope. Neither.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Regain control over my weight, health, and life, and to reconnect with my inner-Grok.

Favorite exercise: Racquetball.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed steak cooked medium rare, served with KerryGold Irish butter, fresh, organic broccoli, thick strips of bacon, and ice cold water.

Best part about being Primal: Vastly improved health and outlook on life.

Worst part about being Primal: The rest of the society is not primal friendly, making it difficult to stay on track sometimes.
    In Sanity,
    Charlie

Weight: 350/200 (within 16 months)/205
    Body Fat: 50%/12%/10%

A Day in the Life of Groktimus Prime

Dave P is offline Junior Member
    Your location: coastal georgia

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: completely (i think). I'm only three weeks in though.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: i'm a big fan of contrarians, especially when they are right. Can't get much more contrarian than paleo.

Favorite exercise: almost all, currently working on strength training but have previously enjoyed endurance events

Favorite Primal food: bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal: the overall feeling of wellness.

Worst part about being Primal: popcorn and tostitos

ewalsh2 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Mass

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you:I would say about 95%, It's spring and a farm near me makes and sells it's own ice cream, can you blame me?

Do you consume dairy:Only the ice cream once or twice a month

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee, I drink it black. It was very hard at first to get used to but no I wouldn't have it any other way

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to finally make a change with my health, my stomach has been bothering me since I was a kid and I knew didn't want to go through the rest of my life feeling this way.

Favorite exercise: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu!

Favorite Primal food: Meat and spinach, I have found that I love to eat spinach raw

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good, energy levels are up!, 23 pounds down the first two months and still dropping as speak with relative ease and eating all the meats,fats,veggies,fruits and dark chocolate I desire!

Worst part about being Primal: Absolutely nothing, just educate yourself and realize this isn't just a weight loss program that you fail on, it is a way of life you feel great on.

dlb1us is offline Junior Member
    Your location: the Great State of (clap, clap, clap) Texas

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: about 80/20 (still working on the exercise part)

Do you consume dairy: Cheese!! but not very often

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both, but unsweetened and usually just on the weekends.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthier living. I discovered many, many years ago that I felt much better without sugar and flour. Also, to find my true weight and stay there.

Favorite exercise: Still working on that.

Favorite Primal food: I've NEVER liked broccoli but I've found that I ADORE roasted broccoli.. and, of course, meat!

Best part about being Primal: It tastes really good.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to get my type 2 diabetic husband to come over to the light side. He's super-addicted to dairy, sugar and grains.