Page 357 of 638 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 357

Pretty Wahine is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hawaii

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I am slowly working my way there. I haven't fully converted to grass fed beef because of the cost - I know - it kinda defeats the purpose of Paleo but I'm trying. I have cut out all carbs (except the ones found in grain fed beef). Most of all I am having a hard time with sugars! I have the biggest sweet tooth aaahhhh!

Do you consume dairy: Only in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee usually once a day. I want to cut down to once or twice a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight and feel great!

Favorite exercise: Dancing like no one's watching, kickboxing, squats. Gotta work on those push ups and pull ups.

Favorite Primal food: A good ol steak. Yum!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling tired after eating. Prior to being Primal, I used to want to fall asleep after lunch and had little energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Cost - for grass fed beef in Hawaii: ground beef $4.00-$7.99/lb, Ribeye $11.99/lb, T-bone $10.99/lb.

Natsb is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): Closer to 40 than I like

How Primal are you: Just getting started, but not eaten gluten for years (intolerant). I am also pregnant, so easing into it gently ( have cut out all processed foods and grains for now)

Do you consume dairy: yes, just added full fat Greek yogurt, cream and butter to my diet

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking, canoeing

Favorite Primal food: all the things I've denied myself for years.. Bacon, nuts and butter.

Best part about being Primal: stomach pains and problems disappeared overnight.

Worst part about being Primal: trusting that it works!

Clivalicious is offline Junior Member

Newbie!

Hey!

Your location: Suffolk, England

How Primal are you: Reduced bread consumption to nil over last couple of months. Eating a high protein diet with loads of fruit, veg and seeds. However, didn't realise how bad grains were until I found this site last week.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, skimmed milk in coffee/tea and the occasional yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep, love it"! .

Motivator for switching to Primal: Decided a couple of months ago that I was fed up moaning about how I felt and looked. Realised (finally!) that nothing was going to change by me complaining whilst shovelling pizza in my mouth! Took up martial arts and circuit training and start a kettle bell and club class on Monday. The diet is improved but can be improved further, and I'm excited to find out how going Primal can help me reach my healthy goals!

Favorite exercise: Circuit training; martial arts, walking.

Favorite Primal food: Fish fillets or a huge steak!

Best part about being Primal: I'll get back to you on that!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm worried that my fiancÚ won't like my chosen way of life, and will resist it when I want to bring up our children primally.

LongWalker is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Currently the woods of Maine, soon the NH suburbs

How Primal are you: 99% on the dietary side, just starting to adopt the rest of the Primal priciples (still haven't made myself sprint yet, but I'm looking forward to installing a chin-up bar when I move)

Do you consume dairy: Limited amounts, most everything has been eliminated or replaced with coconut

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: It's hard to summarize this. My biological maternal grandfather passed away Oct 26, 2011. I learned about and then went Primal within that first week. Now, my biological paternal grandfather is in declining health. Both of them were sick for more than a decade, constantly wondering if this was their last year, if they would live to see things completed, and not able to live life to a degree of their own choosing. I don't want to be like that when I hit 60. Part of this is fear-driven, but more of it is simply common sense. I want to enjoy every bit of life for as long as it's mine, and Primal is my chosen method of doing so.

Favorite exercise: Dancing or chasing

Favorite Primal food: Steak, or eggs with salsa. Or steak and eggs. Mmm.

Best part about being Primal: feeling like I am the person I was supposed to be from the beginning.

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing people around me struggle with their health or emotional wellbeing and thinking, "if you would just TRY this---"

A little further information, I have an 18 month old who has been primal since his first birthday. I've seen changes in him that I can only attribute to being Primal and they are all wonderful. I also have started a blog to discuss my decisions and the things that led me to the Primal lifestyle. If this were a religion, I'd be the evangelical preacher

Sullivan is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Nashville, TN

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Not Primal enough... yet. Probably 60% of the time.

Do you consume dairy: Working on cutting it out. My biggest dairy problem is cheese. It's just so damn good.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I always hated coffee, but between my wife and work, I've been drinking it lately. I need to get back to green tea. I love the stuff, it's just more effort than walking in the break room and pouring a cup of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Did you read ^^^that statement about coffee?^^^ That sums it up; and it's kinda pathetic. I want energy and motivation back. I have an amazing 6 year old son. I want to be around for a while, I want to do things with him, explore this planet, spend more time outside, learn new things together. I'm overweight, I'm not totally happy, I don't have much motivation. I live in my head. Lots of ideas, things I want to do and create and accomplish, but there's a huge disconnect between what goes on in my brain and what I actually do. I want to change that. And I know from past experience, when I do this, it works and I feel awesome. It's high time I do it long term.

Favorite exercise: Honestly, I don't know. I'm currently doing 'Ease into 5k' for the second time around. Believe me, I'm not fast. As I posted elsewhere here, I call it Yogging, with a soft 'j' because it doesn't qualify as jogging. It's not my favorite, but I feel good doing it.

I really wanna try kettlebell training, it's always intruiged me. I have a friend who has been doing Muay Thai for years, he's been encouraging me to try that out. I think I like kayaking, too. Gotta find something. I've never been an athlete, never played any organized sports growing up, but I want to be able to do things and not be afraid I'm going to injure myself.

Favorite Primal food: Is there anything better than a steak (grass fed, organic, no scare kill)? My son and I agree: there isn't.

Best part about being Primal: I'm just on the sane side of nut job conspiracy theorist, I have no faith in CW (and please don't get me started on the FDA), so eating awesome food, feeling great, and knowing I'm doing the RIGHT thing for myself gives me some peace of mind.

Worst part about being Primal: Me not following through with it. And, ya know, brownies. Oh, and alcohol. But there are ways around both of those issues. I've seen the recipes...

Sullivan is offline Junior Member
    You hit the nail on the head about seeing people around you struggle with their physical and mental health. That is the WORST.

skywalker55 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am 56 years oldm male, good health and put on 40 pounds from my prime of 185 over the years.

Soda Pop has been my demon. I like the cold, icey, combo of straight Mountain Dew with mostly diet Mountain Dew. I know that soda is bad....and could write a book on the subject; but around noon the craving starts no matter how primal my breakfast is. Must be a low sugar symptom.

Over the years I have tried every diet from Atkins to HCG; only to pick up the bad habits again and slowly return from 185 to 230.

The theory of Primal sounds good; as I DO feel better without breads in my system (past experience with Atkins and HCG), the aches and pains go away.

For the past several months I have been trying Primal one week and then moving to Tim Ferrris slow carb diet the next; only to blow it by my continued soda pop addiction.

But I REALLY want to get my act together and change my bad habits so.....................here i am.

The Questions:

Your location: Salt Lake City

Age (If you want): 57 in July

How Primal are you: I am a great Primal starter but lousy Primal maintainer

Do you consume dairy: I like chedder cheese with omletts, and I love thousand island with salad, but that is about all dairy. Occasional cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: my caffeine is soda which is really stupid. no coffee. I am willing to move to green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to go from 230-185, want to feel better, want to have natural (non caffeine) energy, want to look good in my clothes again.

Favorite exercise: jogging but I may be getting too old. When I stopped at age 50 I put on 20 pounds over time. I jog once a week.

Favorite Primal food: meat and salad with thousand island

Best part about being Primal: not there yet

Worst part about being Primal: nothing. I just give up when I get pressed for time and hit Carls Junior.

stevekmma is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys,

Newb here and was refered by an old MX buddy.

Your location: Fontana, CA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: About to start

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk with cereal at the moment

Do you drink coffee or tea:no

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried so many different things, lately I have been focusing on plain and simple calorie intake. Lowering my calorie intake to 1400 has caused me to feel lousy and go on binges. I have a heart condition which I've heard cases losing large amounts of weight can cure in some people, however mine is genetic from what the doctors tell me. But I hold on to hope that if I lose the weight I may have a chance to be able to do some of the things I used to. Right now I'm 5'6" and 230lbs, dropping my calorie intake to 1400 has only allowed me to lose 6 lbs in two months however I have no energy and feel terrible.

Favorite exercise: Used to be motocross, however due to a heart condition and some medications I'm taking it has made mx unsafe for me at the moment. So now I take my dog, kids and wife hiking in the mountains behind our house.

Favorite Primal food:I love steak, so even though I have not yet started I'm sure that will be it.

Best part about being Primal:to be determined

Worst part about being Primal:to be determined

Maia is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 17

How Primal are you: I just started. We'll see how it goes.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I'm prepared to eat much less. Probably won't give up milk and cheese altogether though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love coffe. Tea, not so much.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and extra energy. I love sports, so both will be beneficial, and I love eating!

Favorite exercise:Soccer or Taekwon do

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Eating more than on 'calorie restrictive' diets

Worst part about being Primal: I have a major sweet tooth

slee11211 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Brooklyn NY

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: Will start any day now (close to it anyway as a Celiac)

Do you consume dairy: No, only eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, in mod.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Untreated Celiac Disease for probably my whole life. Totally caved to it after having a baby at 39, and still didn't get a diagnosis until 6 yrs later. This is a life saving decision for me.

Favorite exercise: walking, stretching, dancing

Favorite Primal food: Don't know yet! But I am growing to love and respect fresh ingredients.

Best part about being Primal: Will tell you later, but my assumption is that it will literally turn my health around.

Worst part about being Primal: For me, it will likely be like eating strict gluten free for last year. It makes travel a total pain in the ass (especially with a 6 year old in tow)...I don't enjoy having to take food with me and I travel about 5 x's a year.