Page 356 of 617 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 6164

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 356

Drogo is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi everyone!

Your location: Newport News, VA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: I'm about 90% primal. I do still have some dairy (cheese, no milk) and beer in my diet. I occassionally cheat still as we all probably do, but am 98% grain free. My workout routine is VERY primal however, hiking, heavy lifting and occassional sprinting.

Do you consume dairy: Some fermented dairy, cheese, occassional yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm still on the coffee train, though I'm reducing the amount over time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am type 2 diabetic and finally decided to take my health seriously when my doctor suggested that the next step for me was insulin. He suggested it was a normal progression, but I felt otherwise. I began researching metabolic disease on my own which lead to me finding Mark's Daily Apples and reading the primal blueprint. I immediately gave up grains and began cooking 95% of my meals, eliminated sugars and artificial sweeteners. I noticed an immediate improvement and in three months dropped 3 inches from my waist and very quickly am dropping the remaining body fat. I'm 215 now, and can squat 305 for 10 reps, bench 275 for 5 reps, and am looking forward to having washboard abs for the first time in my life.

Favorite exercise: Pilates, yoga and full squats

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed omlette and bacon

Best part about being Primal: I no longer feel tired in the afternoon and have energy all day even if I miss a meal.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to grab a "quick bite" when on the run. Eating is much more like hunting and gathering because not everything is "food" and sometimes you really have to look for something to eat.

NNN
    NNN is offline Junior Member
    I haven't yet started, but will be soon.

Your location: The great state of Ohio
    Age (If you want): 29 (as of tomorrow, anyway)
    How Primal are you: Depends on your definition. By design, 0%. By table manners, much higher than that.
    Do you consume dairy: Milk with cereal, primarily...there's always sour cream in the fridge for culinary purposes.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, no. I have both genmai-cha and matcha (green teas) on hand, but it's an effort to gag it down.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I've suffered from neural inflammation for about 7 years, and it's gotten worse even as I've gotten into better shape. For the last couple of weeks, I've been maintaining the same calorie intake but imbalancing more toward grain for those calories. I've gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks, and the nerve pressure in my shoulders, neck, and lower back is almost unbearable.
    Favorite exercise: Don't have one.
    Favorite Primal food: I do enjoy chicken liver.
    Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet, but I'm hopeful.
    Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet; with any luck, it will go well enough that I can focus on the positives rather than any "worst parts". I will say that I'm hopeful that my wife will stick with this (since she'll be starting with me), since having a supportive spouse can't be negative....but I'm not looking forward to the chance that she might bail.

mrcheevus is offline Junior Member
    About me: father of 6 boys (oldest 11), a thinker, a Christian.

Your location: Southeastern Alberta

Age (If you want): 37 ("I'm not OLD!")

How Primal are you: Still trying to figure out what 100% would look like.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I can't live without cheese. Milk I haven't drunk significant quantities in years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, but only with a bit of honey.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just recognized that I had little control over my appetites, thought something needs to change. Tons of friends and family seem to be coming up celiac, getting more and more suspicious of what goes into my body. Lucky for me, living where I do I can access cheap grain-fed beef, free range chicken, and can go fishing nearby!

Favorite exercise: Been doing Supreme 90 Day earlier in the year, frustrated with long distance running (though I love it) because of shinsplints, so looking for more ways to exercise that don't take a lot of time.

Favorite Primal food: Umm... meat?

Best part about being Primal: Feeling full is completely different from feeling stuffed. As for the rest... I've only been doing it for 5 days so far... I'll have to discover more as I go.

Worst part about being Primal: Not ready to take my whole family primal yet, so kind of going it alone. Maybe I need to buy the cookbook...

WNCRider is offline Junior Member
    Hi All! I'm new to Primal living. Only a month in, but love it so far! I've lost a few pounds, noticed more strength gains in my core and upper body and feel great!

Your location:

Pisgah Forest, NC

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

85% I guess...

Do you consume dairy:

Only what's in the recipes from the cookbook

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Unsweet brewed iced tea only

Motivator for switching to Primal:

My career requires me to travel overnight over 150 nights per year. Being on the road has taken it's toll and i'm ready to get healthy and lose weight. Going Primal is the only way of life that makes sense. I've tried many of the "diets" over the years and none of them made sense long term. I can eat Primal pretty much anywhere and look for restaurants with organic meats and produce. I can stop at any grocery store and find fruits and veggies to carry with me. The only challenge so far has been eating ONLY organic and free range meats. The cookbook has been awesome and I've impressed my wife, friends and family with delicious recipes. I've changed my habits in the first 21 days, (was a little bit of a challenge), so my wife is very excited that I'm eating so much more fruit and veggies every day. She sees the commitment I'm making and is excited that I plan on being around for a long, long time!

Favorite exercise:

Bicycling and push ups

Favorite Primal food:

Chicken Pepper Poppers...so far, but so much more to try!

Best part about being Primal:

I feel great and only been at it for 4 weeks!

Worst part about being Primal:

"Oh, are you on Atkins?" from every waitress at every restaurant

momoxstarx is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Fontana, California

Age (If you want): 27 next sunday...

How Primal are you: I'm actually a "clean" low-carber for 1 year+-- Meaning eat mainly meats, eggs, veggies, berries, seeds and nuts. I stay away from processed and packaged foods as much as possible and especially foods high in sugar. Kinda contradicting what people think of typical low carbers because I'm super against those bars and shakes that they sell. Also those low carb options like breads and tortillas are fake foods in my book. The only "bread" I'll eat is the kind I make with flax, coconut, and eggs. My body reacts strangely to potatoes and most fruits (other than berries) so I eat those sparingly. I also consume some dairy that are high in fat content... so putting into numbers, I say I'm about 65% there.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Some heavy cream, cheese, butter. Not overwhelming amounts.. but enough to savor.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Guilty with the morning coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: When I started low-carbing, I did the Induction stage for Atkins. It was a shock to me at all the things I had to get rid of from the kitchen! But I was happy when my grocery shopping became so much easier: meats, veggies, nuts, strawberries, and some cheese. How does this fit into being Primal? Well, as I continued low-carbing, I started to really cling to fresher foods. I paid a lot more attention to the labels on foods. And learning more about Primal, I want to keep improving my habits so my body can become healthier.

Favorite exercise: squats & push ups. I also enjoy various video workouts and using free weights. I don't really have a favorite. My favorite thing to do is to mix things up!

Favorite Primal food: Steak & Chops. Coconut. Avocados. Kimchi. Egg Yolks. Almonds.

Best part about being Primal: Thinking of what to eat is as easy as: Meat, Veggie, Water.

Worst part about being Primal: I try to mind my own business and keep the whole eating lifestyle to myself... like when I'm out and about with friends and we eat differently. I don't mention anything and just eat my steak and veggies. But the WORST THING is when someone who knows about your diet/lifestyle chimes it up and tells everyone that you don't eat bread, and you eat lots of meat. So then an uproar ensues followed by questioning. I am placed in that conflicting spot where I want to share the knowledge that "grains kill", but I don't know how that'll turn out positive.

primalmidwife is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: totally primal with diet, but not exercise. I've completed 5 months of eating primal.

Do you consume dairy: sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I live in Seattle. It's required.

Motivator for switching to Primal: stabilizing blood sugar

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: too many favorites to count

Best part about being Primal: I never never never get hypoglycemic.

Worst part about being Primal: my yucky ketosis breath

rachel91 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: England

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Just made the switch to full paleo, I'm doing a whole 30 with an intention to transition into a slightly less strict version of paleo (probably just adding in dark chocolate and a little bit of alcohol)

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup black coffee most days I'm working, plus green tea now and then

Motivator for switching to Primal: Problems with binge eating (which tend to go away when I eat like this, cravings for carb and sugar were a major part of this) and to look better/lose a little weight. Also I'm a health freak

Favorite exercise: Weights, light jogging

Favorite Primal food: Loving my homemade burgers at the moment

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat awesome food that fills me up yet doesn't feel like a chore- very liberating to have so much meat and use fat, yet feel healthy!

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing I've encountered yet. Possibly "social" stuff like not drinking as much. But to be honest I'm fine with that

hungryhungryhippo is offline Junior Member

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I dunno...90%? I think I've had maybe 5 non-primal things in the past month (two plain lattes, two smoothie-stand smoothies that probably had some sort of non primal powder, and that one dreaded day where I ate 5 cookies...oops). I'm in my 5th week of eating primal and if things keep going as well as they have been, ill be happy to do this for life <3

Do you consume dairy: not much, besides those two aforementioned latte cheats and some organic kefir

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes (2x/week)

Motivator for switching to Primal: history of undiagnosed food allergies that led to severe stomach upset/GERD and hypochlorhydria. These allergies/intolerances also led to depression, frequent headaches, and bone/joint achiness. Got tired of needing to sleep 10 to 11 hours per night but still being tired anyways.

Favorite exercise: yoga, spontaneous jogging or sprinting.

Favorite Primal food: currently, either steak and eggs or primal chili

Best part about being Primal: truly enjoying everything I eat, feeling my feistiness and zest for life return, and feeling energized on only 8 hours of sleep!

Worst part about being Primal: having to watch my fruit intake. I tried raw vegan before I tried primal, and I still love making new smoothie combinations. The trouble is that 600 calories banana based smoothies make me tired now, and I don't think it is the best thing to mix with a high fat diet. :-/

crossfitmom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Who knows. I'd say 75% paleo. Most of the time. :/

Do you consume dairy: No. 75% of the time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose fat, improve performance and improve overall health.

Favorite exercise: CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: meat.

Best part about being Primal: the way I feel and look. and knowing I'm raising healthy kids.

Worst part about being Primal: feeling restricted.

RReznik is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Twin Cities MN

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I just stumbled onto Mark's book and blog and the whole primal\paleo nutrition thing. I am working on changing my entire diet and throwing out alot of the BAD nutrition information i was raised with.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but hope to gradually wean off most of it. I drink milk and just switched from those sugared coffee creamers to heavy whipping cream which has less sugar.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my coffee..... I add the heavy cream instead of the flavored creamers now.

Motivator for switching to Primal: The birth of my daughter woke me up to how unhealthy of a lifestyle I was living and I want to be around a long time for her in the future.

Favorite exercise: Total Gym, weights, walking, hiking, i love most activities.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and green beans

Best part about being Primal: I have more energy and sleep better. I don't get the sugar\carb crash 2 hours later that I use to. I use to come home from work hungry and shaky from the low blood sugar crash of eating a lot of carbs and sugar,I would usually end up picking something quick and unhealthy to snack on. Staves off a lot of the cravings for sugar and carbs that I use to get.

Worst part about being Primal: Meal & grocery planning on a budget and with the rest of my family not eating paleo\primal.