Page 355 of 625 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 355

Tec26 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location:Fontana California

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you: Barely getting started, cut out all grains and milk just a few days ago after learning I have gluten intolerance and problems with casein. Also cut out all beans and cut out peanuts/cashews.

Do you consume dairy: LOTS of dairy, until I started having severe digestive issues. No more dairy!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Used to drink lots of coffee, not since I been sick!

Motivator for switching to Primal:I became ill and none of the doctors I seen were really helping me. I had digestive issues and symptoms of arthritis. I had heard of Primal eating because it is popular on a few of the Libertarian anarchist blogs that I frequent and I had been interested in Primal eating for a while but never made the full conversion to primal eating. But after a few months of misery I tried a totally gluten free diet, eating very low carb/high protein. My arthritis-like symptoms disappeared and my digestive issues resolved, however, I was TOO low on carbs and I began breaking out with a rash and started to get shaky. I started to panic a bit and started loading up on whole grain breads again. Rash went away but digestive issues and arthritis symptoms returned! I learned my lesson. No more gluten, no more casein! No more grains! Carbs only from non-grain sources.

Favorite exercise: weighted dips

Favorite Primal foodon't know quite yet, I love all meats.

Best part about being Primal: It makes my pain go away.

Worst part about being Primal: Shopping for food is more of a challenge.

Lkn
    Lkn is offline Junior Member
    Tampa, Fl
    Beginner
    I suppose I can't now
    Yes but severe diet coke addict
    Can't shed the fat and no carb diets are sustainable
    Running
    Steak
    Meat
    No diet coke

Nic. is offline Junior Member

I'm totally new to this; I'm here to educate myself! And to gain courage to make some major changes because I KNOW that what I eat is making me crazy and fat and sick.

Your location: AZ

Age (If you want): 47 (gulp)

How Primal are you: 0%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Because the rest of what is out there is not working for me

Favorite exercise: Does typing count? =/ I loved pilates and walking, but it's been 2+ years since I've done much of anything.

Favorite Primal food: ??? None yet!

Best part about being Primal: n/a

Worst part about being Primal: n/a

fitforlife is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Australia

Age (If you want): 52 nearly 53

How Primal are you: Not very at the moment was vegetarian

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and fitness (muscle loss)

Favorite exercise: Weight training, running, kayaking (have not done anything of much for a long while)

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Hope that I will feel a lot better and have a lot more energy

Worst part about being Primal: Get over the eating meat part

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member

How Primal are you: Hmm... I'd say a good 85-90%. I haven't eaten processed food or any non-primal thing in such a long time, though I do on occasion have a protein powder strawberry-banana smoothie after a run, and I often indulge in a lot of dairy. Nothing quite like a delicious salad covered in melted blue cheese and butter. ^.^

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Namely, butter and cheese. Butter is used often in cooking, and I sometimes lick it off the knife... I'm weird, I know. I'm completely obsessed with blue cheese; it's kind of a fetish of mine. Blue cheese omelettes are just fantastic. Only time I use cream is to make said omelettes, and I don't really have any other kind of dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - hell yes. Love the stuff; I have a love of bitter things. I also enjoy some green tea along with my meals. Quite refreshing.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several reasons. I was kinda chubby, which got irritating after awhile. But namely it was because I wanted to improve my fitness and challenge myself - why run on a high-carb diet and take the slightly easier path than do it the Primal way?... Also, I just like the idea of eating like a caveman, albeit a cheese eating one. I'm just nerdy like that.

Favourite exercise: Namely running. I just love it - nothing quite beats getting up at the crack of dawn and running a good 8K or more, then doing a light bit more in the evening. It's kind of obsessive. Second would probably be either push-ups or walking; both are equally enjoyable to me. Though I hate sit-ups... just can't do them. Stupid tail-bone.

Favourite Primal Food: I do love my morning omelette: blue cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon on a bit of mesclun salad covered in guacamole. Omnomnom! I've also gotten hooked on salad, funnily enough, and really look forward to them. Salmon salad is possibly my fave, but any meat on it will do. With cheese and butter, of course.

Best part about going Primal: At 5'6 in an all-dudes school, words can't describe how great it feels eating as much and more as guys much bigger than me and remaining small. The look on their faces as I eat a couple massive steaks bigger than my face is utterly priceless.

Worst part about being Primal: Hmm... Maybe getting confused looks when I ask places to "hold the rice" or "hold the bread", especially when they don't exactly speak perfect English and take "NO" as "MORE, MUCH, MUCH MORE". No, wait, at least that's funny. I guess the worst thing is sometimes - as a runner in training - I get confused as to how many carbs/fats I should be having. Guess I'll have to figure that out.

After a long period of lurking, I'm happy to finally join the Primal Forums. ^.^

adenosin is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone:

Your location: Madrid, Spain

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Barely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Simplicity

Favorite exercise: Pull ups

Favorite Primal food: Any

Best part about being Primal: To be discovered

Worst part about being Primal: To be discovered

brightside is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Spent all weekend reading and researching and have decided to go cold-turkey, all-in starting TODAY.

Do you consume dairy: I have decided that I will not consume dairy for the first 30 days, then I may experiment.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Coffee black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to live long and be strong. I'm ready to break free from years of abusing my body with fad diets, binge eating, over-training, and under-fueling. I have big dreams and they require optimal physical, mental, and spiritual health. The primal/paleo lifestyle intuitively feels right.

Favorite exercise: Kickboxing, running, full squats.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and spinach.

Best part about being Primal: I feel like I'm a part of something greater.

Worst part about being Primal: There's a half a plate of brownies in my kitchen that are about to go in the trash.

skidame is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Utah

Age (If you want): 69

How Primal are you: As of last week quite

Do you consume dairy: Just added again but not sure

Motivator for switching to Primal: 20 pounds that won't leave

Favorite exercise: Walking and yoga

Favorite Primal food: Vegies

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet
    '

AudrinaBlythe is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I'm happy to be here!

Your location: Manchester, United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Very! I've purged my fridge and cupboards of all the bad foods and restocked with Primal-friendly foods only =]

Do you consume dairy: Not at all, I'm lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, I prefer to drink only water (and coconut milk in smoothies)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I didn't like how sugar and carb-heavy my previous diet was; I consumed way too many gluten-free grain products, legumes and sweet treats

Favorite exercise: Pilates, yoga and full squats

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed beef burgers and avocado!

Best part about being Primal: I feel great, I don't get carb cravings anymore, my sleep is better and I'm less tired all the time

Worst part about being Primal: I have to get up a bit earlier to make my breakfast smoothie and lunch for work ; ]
    Female, 5'3", 22. Living Primally since April 2012.

marycompton is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Toledo, OH

Age (If you want): 39 Almost 40

How Primal are you: Not sure yet, I'm still reading and trying to learn how the Primal works, I have been on a Slow Carb Diet for 2 months now, and also incorporating Intermitten fasting. I just bought the Primal Blueprint book yesterday.

Do you consume dairy: Only one day a week (cheat day)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love coffee, I drink tea only because I know is good for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm getting older, I want to be fit again, I want to live longer for my kids, I want to feel healthy.

Favorite exercise: Weights and Cardio, I would like to feel strong enough to do P90x, I have been doing Chalean Extreme for 2 months now.

Favorite Primal food: I'm not sure what foods are primal yet, but for what I have read so far, Meat, Avocados, chicken.

Best part about being Primal: I won't know until I start and understand it.

Worst part about being Primal: I won't know until I start and understand it.