Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 352

newman is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Greetings good cave people! I'm Newman.

Your location: Auburn, AL

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Probably 90 to 95%

Do you consume dairy: butter and cream. Little bit o' cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: All the time.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to lose some pounds without going on some girly diet

Favorite exercise: I'm a P90xer.

Favorite Primal food: the Big-Ass salads.

Best part about being Primal: no calorie counting, better control of appetite

Worst part about being Primal: picking something off restaurant menus when out to eat with friends. Especially down in the south where EVERYTHING is battered in some non-primal batter and fried in some non-primal oil.

thom is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: So far, so good. I just started about 2 weeks ago. I still drink about a pot of coffee (I'm a night shift nurse...there is no avoiding it) but I've given up on all grains, sugars, processed foods, and potatos. I've started walking or bike riding @ an easy pace 4-5 days a week. My sleep schedule is not with the sun, but I try to get 8 hours in darkened room. I've started buying only local grass-fed meat (thanks farmers market) and have learned to flip-off fast food joints that I drive past. ( Really,I know it is childish, but I keeps me in the mind set of just how bad that crap is for you). I'd say was about 85-90% primal.

Do you consume dairy:yes, but gave up on milk, i drink a small glass of kefir and nibble on raw milk cheeses I pick up at Whole Foods

Do you drink coffee or tea:I still drink a pot of coffee a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health in general. Diabetes runs in my family. since I weighed almost 300 lbs I knew that was a real and almost certain danger for me. Working in hospitals I regularly treat patients with heart disease, liver and kidney failure, and amputations resulting for complication with DM. Finally wised up

Favorite exercise:Bike riding. Now that I've stopped pushing myself, I find it very relaxing

Favorite Primal food:Meat!, nuts, baby bok choy (raw with a mustard dip) and eggs of all types

Best part about being Primal:I've lost about 15 lbs in 2 and half weeks, and I feel a more even energy though the day

Worst part about being Primal:Socializing with friends "Please, can we pick somewhere other than Spaghetti Warehouse to go to after church!" " No, thanks, I don't want a beer."

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Woohoo! First MDA post!

Your location: New York, NY

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Pretty strict, I usually have one cheat item per week (I have a candy weakness) but I never eat gluten.

Do you consume dairy: I do have dairy. I went the first 3 weeks of Primal without it but was quite tired and getting headaches, I tested 2 days of my diet and noticed I wasn't getting near enough fat or calories. A glass of whole milk after a workout helps that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee or tea. Caffeine makes me bounce off the walls.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Last December I started getting quite sick. Every few days I'd come down with a fever, major stomach issues and pains. Every night I was waking up 2-4 times with massive charlie horses in my legs. I was taking multivitamins, getting poked and prodded by doctors (who seemed to have no ideas), so after ending up in the hospital twice I started doing my own research. Due to all the sickness I was on the BRAT diet, eating mostly white pasta, rice, and Ensure on the days I could eat at all. Then I found Robb Wolf's book. I read it in a day while home sick. Then I read Primal Blueprint and made a decision to at least try and change my diet. I started at the end of February and it was hard at first, I was a full on bread addict, but I have not had ONE day of the stomach sickness since I started and haven't woken up with cramps in my legs. So Grok on!

Favorite exercise: Ice hockey. Though I love when my gym days have mountain climbers!

Favorite Primal food: Broccoli with butter. Or steak. Or bacon. Idk, I love it all.

Best part about being Primal: No longer missing massive amounts of work. And discovering new foods (like seafood) that I had avoided my whole life before starting primal.

Worst part about being Primal: Arguments with my brother with him saying high carb is the only way he can get in shape for D1 hockey and building muscle, and me saying eating 5 slices of bread with his eggs is killing him.

Luce is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Italy

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: as much as I can, usually doing a 95% with some social scopes here and there.

Do you consume dairy: not that much, some mascarpone once a month, or ricotta/some parmigiano when I find prime quality stuff.

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea and quitting coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to get healthier day after day.

Favorite exercise: lifting heavy weights

Favorite Primal food: meat when I find prime stock, fennel, caju nuts.

Best part about being Primal: I have a better management of immune suppressant drugs and deal better with prednisone.

Worst part about being Primal: I live in Italy, world capital of pasta pizza and heavily carbed-up food: social life is messy.

carlydelcarlo is offline Junior Member

2 weeks Paleo, day Three of 21 day challenge by Mark

Hi! My name is Carly, I am 22 years old. I go to UCLA and lead a very busy life! I started eating "paleo" about 2 weeks ago as suggested by my OBGYN because I have insulin resistance due to PCOS (polycytsic ovarian syndrome). I am 5'8 and currently weigh about 150 lbs. At my heaviest I was over 200lbs at age 16. I came across Mark's 21 day challenge about five days ago and I am currently on day three of the plan and I really like it. These are my answers to the "newbie" thread questions:

Your location: Los Angeles/Santa Monica

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I'd say 95%

Do you consume dairy: only a table spoon of goat cheese every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely. maybe coffee once a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose 15-20 pounds/ feel better/ be less bloated

Favorite exercise: boxing!

Favorite Primal food: avocado & spinach salad with ground turkey

Best part about being Primal:feeling clean and strong.

Worst part about being Primal: less social. I go out with friends a lot less because its hard being primal when you go out

erinehm is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Vancouver, Canada

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: well, day 3 of this, so sticking to the guidelines pretty much so far, but I have a little boy with me all day that I also have to feed so no doubt some slippage will occur.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was stuck in a comfort eating cycle after my son was born. I needed something new and a family member was loving it, so my husband and I thought we'd give it a try.

Favorite exercise: capoeira - super fun and barefoot! I also do some barre method classes.

Favorite Primal food: I love eggs desperately.

Best part about being Primal: Eggs, butter and coconut.

Worst part about being Primal: I love baking, so will have to channel that energy somewhere else...

Lunchbox is offline Member
    Hello Primal World!

Your location: Illinois

Age (If you want): Old enough to know better, still to young to care

How Primal are you: Pretty primal though I've slipped recently. I tried primal out for a month or so, but let myself slip into bad habits, so back at it now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but in small quantities and not that often. A little cheese, whole milk or heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: A cup or two in the morning, leaded, straight up.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Does my username not explain it? I've struggled all my life with weight, and until reading Mark's book had no idea why. Now that I know the why, I know how to fix it. I've got a 2 year old son that needs me in the future more than I need some refined crap.

Favorite exercise: Walking with my dog. She's a lab/pit bull mix, so it takes at least 2-3 miles at a brisk pace to get her even close to wore out.

Favorite Primal food: Venison or steak for proteins. Onions and brussel sprouts for veg. And eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. Luckily, living in Illinois, we have some of the best whitetail around.

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling like poop and being tired everyday. Looking good doesn't hurt either.

Worst part about being Primal: Being on a budget. Economic times have hit my family hard, and unfortunately, we have to shop cheaply, which in our area means places like Wal-mart. Not my preference, but luckily I enjoy hunting, fishing and we have a vegetable garden, so that will help a lot.

jmcdonne is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
    Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

No grains for the past 23 days, (First time since I was 6 months old!) 90% Primal

Do you consume dairy:Yes... about 1/2 cup whole milk per day, 1 tsp. butter. I do eat hard cheeses about 2 times a week as a snack.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes coffee

Weight loss, lower cholesterol, hypoglycemia, and general health.

Favorite exercise: Walking, gardening, fishing, yoga

Favorite Primal food: asparagus, artichokes, all vegetables, meat, fish... getting sick of eggs.!!!

Best part about being Primal:

Makes me feel good

Worst part about being Primal:

I work too many hours per day and am having trouble finding time to prepare Primal meals.

bigdaddy26 is offline Junior Member
    Here we go then....

Your location:
    Leeds, England

Age (If you want):
    20 (Still a baby)

How Primal are you:
    I've been called a caveman in the past if that classes as primal, but as regards to eating primal im not very at the minute but I'm really fond the idea.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes and too much of it. Cheese is my downfall im afraid.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Tea without milk and coffee with milk. Both with 2 sugars.

There's 2 main things motivating to to change to primal. The first is my dad's got heart problems and decided to go primal to help with the recovery process so i want to go through the change with him, andf secondly I'm just looking for a change of lifestyle, I've had some huge changes in the past year and a half and its bean a really rough time.

Favorite exercise:
    Cycling and sprints mainly. I ride to work and back ever day and play rugby too.

Favorite Primal food:
    Primal Goulash. I could live off the stuff.

Best part about being Primal:
    It makes sense to me and gives me something to set my mind to and achieve.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Kicking the cheese addiction.

Miss Yoko is offline Junior Member
    Lets do it!

The Questions:

Your location: Chicago, IL moved here from Paris, France in 2008 (Its why my English is full of mistakes )

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Just started 4 days ago (even if I went primal a few years ago without calling it primal) so my goal is to be 90 or 100%. My goal is to make my husband switch to primal too!

Do you consume dairy: I avoid for now, but I love cheese to much

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Strugelling with weight gain recently after quitting smoking. Not being able to stop that weight gain even working out, trying to go healthy getting plenty of whole grain stuffs. Nothing worked...
    I started to get really depressed... found something about the Primal Diet by accident... it took me not more than 10 mn to go for it and even more... I am always shy about dieting and stuffs like that... but not now, I told my husband right away that I am going primal.

Favorite exercise: Riding my bike, walking.

Favorite Primal food: I love spinach!

Best part about being Primal: Like I said, I just started, but as I did it in the past, looking awsome without starving!

Worst part about being Primal:Bread!!!! I love bread... but I can deal without it!