nurta is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: York, PA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started, on week #2

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthier and try to contain my PCOS and insulin resistance

Favorite exercise: hiking and yoga

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: I have much more energy and I no longer crave sugar!

Worst part about being Primal: It's been a bit expensive; I'm hoping to find some tips and tricks to help with that. And also, no beer.

strider1126 is offline Junior Member
    Hi there! I'm Chelsea, butch, fantasy aficionado and cat owner.

Your location: Long Beach, CA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Diet is almost there, working on getting more sun and natural exercise. I'll be traveling to Italy soon, so you can bet I'll have pizza in Napoli, but otherwise I don't want to eat anymore refined flour.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes SENSE!

Favorite exercise: Squats, weight training with my new kettlebell.

Favorite Primal food: My steak and arugula salad

Best part about being Primal: no calorie counting, no more post-lunch crash, not feeling guilty about eating good quality meat, sunshine. Generally, a lot less worry!

Worst part about being Primal: No beer But I will live.

cleochatra is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Denver, CO

Age (If you want): A lady never tells. Crap. I forgot. I'm not one. 42.

How Primal are you: I am primal Atkins, which means if Atkins and Mark had a diet love baby with amazing hair, she'd be me.

Do you consume dairy: I was born in Wisconsin. You tell me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always been a low carber, so I'm seeing Primal as an Atkins-improved lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: That is so funny! Ha ha!

Favorite Primal food: Cheese

Best part about being Primal: There's never a boring moment

Worst part about being Primal: There's never a boring moment

MandyO is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm Mandy and I'm on day 21 of doing Paleo

Your location: Omaha, NE

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: I've only been doing this three weeks, but I've been 100% committed during the week and have had some liquor on the weekends.

Do you consume dairy:no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal:Weight loss initally

Favorite exercise: walking/running

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal: Where do I even begin? I had NO IDEA I would feel this amazing simply by eliminating certain foods. I suspect I must have been allergic to carbs/sugar/or gluten but completely unaware of it until I detoxed my system of all of them. I wish I could scream it from the roof tops! I feel like I'm holding onto a secret or something

Worst part about being Primal: Listening to people's negative opinions about it

melissagraham7 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Melissa and I've been a sugar eater for a long, long time! But, I quit smoking and discovered walking/running/biking 2 years ago and have lost 83 pounds. I've been at a plateau for those lost 20 pounds for over a year and in my searching for a way to break the plateau, I stumbled on The Primal Blueprint and Here. I. Am.

Your location: North Carolina, USA

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Trying to do the 80/20 part but still weaning into it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but trying to limit to 1 or 2 servings per day.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Have weaned coffee down to 1 cup and am trying to drink more green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to break plateau - but in my reading, I discovered this might be The. One.

Favorite exercise: Jogging

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!!

Best part about being Primal: Meat!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Losing dairy! WAH!!

I would love friends/support with others here! pretty please???

thesmilingone is offline Junior Member
    Well hello there!
    My name is Anita and I have just found the courage to register on the forum after having read MDA for a month now. Unfortunately I have had some health issues in the past from which I am just recovering, and I hope primal lifestyle is going to help me. I have just started a new exercise regime as well, and I feel ready to change my life for the better!

How Primal are you: I just started today, but I'm going cold turkey

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: I cannot live without tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanna become the best version of me possible and live a healthy, happy life

Favorite exercise: pushups, squats

Favorite Primal food: whole grilled chicken

Best part about being Primal: getting rid of calorie-counting, being able to eat delicious and nutritious food without feeling guilty

Worst part about being Primal: lack of support from my family and friends

magda is offline Member
    Hi all, a complete newbie here

How primal: don't really know, cause I'm just starting. I removed grains & legumes from my diet. I haven't eaten much sugar or processed foods anyway. I'm slowly bringing meat back to my diet after being vegetarian/vegan for some time. I will probably consume conventional meat & fish as organic is hard to find & very expensive in Poland. I will stick with organic veggies & eggs though

Dairy: yes, but I'm trying to cut down and I go with organic when possible

Coffe & tea: yes, both

Motivation for going primal: to get my energy back, not fall asleep after every meal and be able to stay lean & fit without being hungry all the time

favorite exercise: lifting weights and yoga. I hate cardio and am kin of scared of sprints, but I will give it a go

favorite primal food: shrimp and eggs

best part about being primal: don't really know yet, but it seems easier than being vegan

worst part: don't know yet

Trafty is offline Junior Member
    Hi - total newbie here. 1 week ago today I attended a lunch time seminar at work about how 'stress-busting eating'. It has motivated me to reduce sugar intake and eat more whole foods. A few days later, I was introduced to MDA and primal eating by a coworker. Seems to be just what I need. I look forward to learning more and asking a ton of questions!

Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just learning...

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthier, have more energy and lose weight

Favorite exercise: jogging

Favorite Primal food: cheese

Best part about being Primal: no counting calories!!

Worst part about being Primal: so far, getting my husband on board.

Valerie61 is offline Junior Member

How Primal? I've only been doing primal for about three and a half weeks. I have not cheated with any processed foods, grains, or sugar. However I have had clarified butter in small amounts a few times. I do eat tomatoes (I noticed someone above posted that they ate no nightshades), which I love. I also ate some greek yogurt that I had in the fridge, twice, since starting.

Do I drink coffee or tea? I have some unsweetened ice tea about every other day.

Motivation for primal? I want to get healthy, lose weight, and not be hungry all the time. At age 51, I don't want to wait any longer!

Favorite Primal Food: Coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: My triglyceride count was over 700 about 6 months ago. A week before I started the primal blueprint, it was at 350 (due to medication, and some lifestyle changes) and my cholesterol was 195. After only 3 weeks of fairly strict adherence to the plan (still taking the medications), my triglycerides are 89 and my cholesterol is 119!! I am never hungry like I was when I was eating sugars, grains, and processed foods. I am looking forward to my doctor's appointment to see if I can get off the Simvastatin and Fenofibrate.

Worst Part About Being Primal: There is no negative aspect of the Primal Blueprint that matters enough to me to induce me to change what I'm doing. When my husband and I get together with friends, they look askance at my veggies and fruit snacks, and then try to scarf all my fruit!!

FlossieMac is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Pretty much. No prepared foods, no grains, no sugar. No honey right now, either.

Do you consume dairy: I do eat some dairy (cream and some hard cheese, as well as butter).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Two cups of coffee in the morning, with cream. That's it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost a lot of weight (about 60 lbs) years ago following a low-carb diet, which worked really well for me. I did get a lot of grief from various folks, though, who harped incessantly on the "restrictions" I was placing upon my foodstuffs and how unhealthy all the saturated fats and meat must be, and even how "thin" I looked (this was said disapprovingly by my spouse. Ouch.) Eventually, I caved to pressure both internal and external to conform and to "normalize" my eating, and returned to eating grains and starches. Follow that with a two-year experiment in vegetarianism, during which I put back every single pound, and it finally -- belatedly -- occurred to me that ... I was an idiot.

So, I ditched the grains and the high-carb, high-fructose stuff and found the Primal path. It makes perfect sense to me. I feel better already, better than I have in years. I'll be staying around, this time.

Favorite exercise: Snorkeling in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, that happens extremely rarely, so I have to get by with walking, hiking, and running.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: I am no longer constantly hungry. I can fast easily, at least for reasonable periods.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of a single thing. I feel like a kid again.