Page 349 of 620 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 6197

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 349

becks83 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: East Yorkshire, England

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 80% at the moment, I think....

Do you consume dairy: Only a splash in tea, maybe 3 times per day

Do you drink coffee or tea: One or two black coffees in the morning, zero-3 teas depending on mood!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Absolutely sick to the back teeth of stomach problems for the last 10 years or so, getting progressively worse. I realised it's not normal to have stomach ache nearly every day and the idea of stripping everything back to simplicity could be the best way. Also chronic acne through most of the last 15 years!

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak, or garlicky chilli prawns

Best part about being Primal: I've only been doing this a couple of weeks but already I feel 'normal'...hardly any bloating or stomach pain, much clearer skin and I just feel happier and more positive about things

Worst part about being Primal: the expense of buying fresh food and meat all the time and having to spend time preparing everything...small price to pay though :-)

KFDfirefighter28 is offline Junior Member
    Your Location: Kokomo, Indiana

How Primal are you: I have been primal for 4 weeks now other than 2 meals. I probably eat to much friut though.

Do you consume dairy: Very little milk is all, just a shot in my eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is one of my weaknesses. I have cut it to 2 or 3 cups per day.

Motivation for switching to primal: I have good luck on Atkins and most "fad" diets but always gain it back. I am looking for a lifestyle change! I believe that I have found it!

Favorite exercise: Walking or Hiking

Favorite primal food: STEAK

Best part about being primal: For me it just feels natural.

Worst part about being primal: Not eating bread.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Here goes -

Your location: Mid-Coast Maine, U.S.A.

Age (If you want): 52, Female

How Primal are you: Just starting, am at about 80% right now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Buckets of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to feel great and live life

Favorite exercise: Hiking and playing with the dogs, at the same time if possible

Favorite Primal food: Berries, avocados, butter

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great

Worst part about being Primal: Not having anyone to talk about it with

artique is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Was living a life of jogging, 'low carbs' and 'low fat' (and counting calories, to get my body fat down) until Fat Head and other authors taught me otherwise; Now I avoid bad carbs and enjoy more animal fats and have started doing High-Intensity Interval training to get my body fat down; I am currently re-doing a vegetable-centric cleanse I did earlier this year to re-set my system which has been wacky after a few months of being off my routines.

Do you consume dairy: Used to but now avoid them due to the intestinal discomfort I recently learned goes away when I avoid it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Used to be lattes with whole milk @ most 2x a week; now, occasionally black coffee with nothing added; Tea only occasionally and unsweetened. If I sweeten, I highly prefer honey.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A lot of factors! Fat Head education as well as my body's own reaction during a grain-free and dairy-free (and veggie and meat centric) period of time that made me decide Primal fit my body type and worked for me.

Favorite exercise: kettlebell squat jerks! sprinting!

Favorite Primal food: coconut, lamb, nuts, and swiss chard.

Best part about being Primal: DELICIOUS food options! There is never a desire or need to "make things interesting" by battering foods or coating them in sugar because all these foods are delicious in their natural state!

Worst part about being Primal: Criticism for eating so much "red meat" and "animal fats".. they just don't get it.

Cakewalk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Toronto

Age (If you want):59

How Primal are you: Not Very

Do you consume dairy: Yes, yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Haven't kicked the caffeine yet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to improve my health.

Favorite exercise: Squats, deadlifts.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, roast pork.

Best part about being Primal: Awesome food.

Worst part about being Primal: So far, nothing bad. Will see in a few weeks.
    "A bore is a man who, when you ask him how he is, tells you." Bert Leston Taylor

tizzo is offline Junior Member
    I'm doing this backwards, this will be my second post.

Your location: Minneapolis, MN

How Primal are you: um.. 70/30 probably

Do you consume dairy: Yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was referenced to MDA through a competitive shooting forum of all places. I wanted to get quicker.

Favorite exercise: Pullups

Favorite Primal food: Beef, any cut.

Best part about being Primal: I can eat A LOT and not worry much about it and I've lost 25lbs. since Feb 1.

Worst part about being Primal: I still love breads and grains and go out and eat a very non primal meal every once awhile. Though now my body can tell me, "dude, bad idea, let's not do that again... for a while."

PamBam is offline Senior Member
    OK, I've replied to two posts and I guess that means it's time for me to introduce myself. I've so enjoyed reading the forum and learning so much from so many of you. Thanks!

The Questions:

Your location: Colorado Springs, CO

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: 90%ish

Do you consume dairy: just a splash of heavy cream in my morning coffee and butter here and there

Do you drink coffee or tea: I've decreased from a pot of coffee a day to 1 cup in the morning...unsweetened iced tea once or twice a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been low-carbing it since Sept. 2011 and have lost 25 lbs, but had heard about Paleo eating from 2-3 of my clients who are incredibly healthy and athletic. They inspired me to take a look at the Primal lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Walking...I have a trail just outside my office and have the pleasure of walking it periodically throughout my workday.

Favorite Primal food: Primal BLT...yup, bacon and tomato lettuce wrap...sans bread (obviously)

Best part about being Primal: Strangely enough, an increase in self-respect. As I've moved eating Primal, I don't feel that old familiar "eating shame" that I've felt for much of my adult life. I know I'm feeding my body well and that makes me feel good.

Worst part about being Primal: The people who don't understand.

After 3 days of almost 100% primal I'm already feeling lighter, inside and out. The whole family (adult son, his girlfriend and I) will be purging the kitchen together...we're actually looking forward to it!!
    5'10" HW 264 (9/15/2011) PSW 238 (4/9/2012) CW 231 GW 165

hicksey14 is offline Junior Member

How primal are you: I am pretty primal in that I don't consume grains on a regular basis. Just fruits, veggies, meat and dairy.

Do you consume dairy: Yes of course. Well I've heard that raw non-denatured whey protein from grass-fed cows is the absolute best protein source available, and an all around super-food, so I consume raw-milk cheese as well as organic full-fat yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes I drink coffee, but am currently working to stop my use.

Motivation for switching to primal: I experience depression and chronic pain from injuries, and am trying to reverse these conditions the only way truly possible: naturally.

Favorite exercise: Snowboarding-primal enough if you ask me.

Favorite primal food: raw-milk cheddar cheese or tasty tasty fruit.

Best part about being primal: Its a simple but extremely far-reaching, powerful lifestyle.

Worst part about being primal: There is none, it is plain and simply how humans are evolved to live.

maimarni is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone!

Your location: Netherlands

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Not so sure about that. I have only started this week, and I have tried to be quite strict. Waiting for my Primal Blueprint books to learn more.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, only cheese and I might add the occasional fermented stuff.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, without cream or sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss goals, energy level, overall health

Favorite exercise: Walking and sprinting

Favorite Primal food: Avocados

Best part about being Primal: Feeling in control (kind of)

Worst part about being Primal: Right now: sugar cravings, bread cravings. I'm sure these two will disappear soon!

TRESS is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Western Canada
    '
    Age (If you want): 61 F

How Primal are you: Actually just beginning

Do you consume dairy: - Yes - not a lot due to allergy issues.. cheese, ricotta, occasional cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 large cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been exploring non diet ways to lose weight for over 2 yrs. 20 lbs down, but stagnant and think Grains might be a problem for me ( as well as dairy see above ) .. so Primal seems to have what I want.
    Favorite exercise: Yoga.. need to get to more exercise

Favorite Primal food: Meat and Salmon

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling like there is a restriction.. and I don't believe in restrictions for losing weight.

My primal journey started only a few days ago. A bit hungry at night but other than that.. I am enjoying it. Have Primal cookbooks x2 and Everyday Paleo with some GREAT recipes.