Page 348 of 669 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 6683

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Shop Now
    Hello everyone!

Well here I am: in my late 40's and a carb/sugar addict who has tried a ton of diets over the years. I've been low carbing recently and have really cut back on the bad stuff plus I'm counting calories but I keep putting on weight I'm menopausal and the weight just keeps piling on and on and I'm very concerned. Basically I am just sick of feeling like crap and want to make a total change in my eating habits and lifestyle. I don't want to be fat and 50 but I am a total newbie to primal and need help. I'm looking forward to exploring primal and interacting with everyone on the forums.

Cheers,

Kaz.

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: not sure, maybe 40%??

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm menopausal, piling on the pounds and don't wan't to be just another fat, middle aged frump.

Favorite exercise: Les Mills body pump classes

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet!

Worst part about being Primal: Can I really give up bread????

Hello from Glasgow Maybe I will meet some like-minded people from the area here. I have noticed one thread started by Glasgow ppl, yet it was started two years ago, so I am just posting a short intro here. I am also a low-carber.

Your location: Glasgow, Scotland, although I come from the Lower Silesia region of Poland.

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: quite Primal ;]

Do you consume dairy: butter, sometimes cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love all kinds of tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Having done my research I came to the conclusion that it is the optimal way of reaching one's full potential.

Favorite exercise: Walking, especially with my dog, hiking, swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Pork chops and bacon, but really all kinds of meat and fat, and eggs as well

Best part about being Primal: being Primal

Worst part about being Primal: Eating anything I did not prepare/bought myself, anxiety associated with eating in social situations etc.

Your location: Stillwater, Oklahoma while in school and Syracuse, New York while home.

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Totally except the exercises.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am excessively overweight and looking to change my life for the better and achieve my life goals.

Favorite exercise: None yet.

Favorite Primal food: BACON!

Best part about being Primal: While it is tough being primal on a college campus, the food I can eat is amazing!

Worst part about being Primal: It is not college student friendly.

Please follow and leave feedback on my going primal blog! http://s6278m.blogspot.com/

Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 21 (and a half...)

How Primal are you: On a scale of 1 to 10, probably a 3.5

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I typically don't drink milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Less abdominal discomfort

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Nuts!

Best part about being Primal: An excuse to run barefoot

Worst part about being Primal: Answering nosey questions

The Questions:

Your location: Nashville, Tennessee

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: 75% (but i just started)

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not anymore

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to eat right and lose some weight

Favorite exercise: Jogging (but going to cut back to get non-chronic)

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: No more sugar crashes (insulin yo-yo)

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know enough about it, no real down side this far.

I hope to learn alot more in the coming weeks.

Tired working mom who's ready to get wild!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:
    Hello I go by mom5booklover on here since I absolutely love books and am the mother of 5 beautiful children.
    The Questions:

Your location: I live in beautiful Bozeman, MT.

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: I think right now I am about 99% to 100%(only the dairy holding me back)

Do you consume dairy: yes (Full fat greek yogurt, heavy whipping cream in coffee, and cheese in weak moments)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Graves disease, psoriasis, Familial problems with MS, weight issues, fatigue, sleep problems, hormonal issues, anxiety, adrenal fatigue.

Favorite exercise: Walking and/or the plank

Favorite Primal food: scrambled Eggs with green chile's and tabasco

Best part about being Primal: Feeling like I have more control over my health

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to get enough meat in that also is enjoyable to my taste buds and doesn't induce gag reflex attacks (i am not a meat lover and have always gagged when trying to eat steak or similar types).

So, I'm technically cheating by posting here again since I'm not new. HOWEVER, considering I artfully disappeared around May of last year then belly-flopped full-force off the wagon (check out my journal for that little story), the new me needs an intro.

So here goes nothing:

Your location: Still New Brunswick, in the ever-so wonderful state of NJ (kidding about the wonderful part; for reals though, I'm leaving as soon as I finish college lol)

Age (If you want): Just turned 21

How Primal are you: Since I'm starting fresh, I'm going the 80/20 route (I used to be close to 95%, but that was then)

Do you consume dairy: Yes; right now it's just butter and cheese (which I need to learn to see as an occasional thing)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but I drink coffee more

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was doing it before and liked it - I'd like to think of myself as a prodigal daughter coming back

Favorite exercise: Don't have one yet... the thought of exercise right now is just bleh - I'm not ready for hardcore at the moment (BUT the old me loved pushups and ab exercises, back when I could do them and had abs)

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, but then isn't that almost a given? Though I am beast at omelets

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good because you're not eating like crap anymore

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain to people that it's not "weird"
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Hi everyone!

I'm Lisa, and I decided to go primal! I just started a couple of days ago, so this forum is a guide for me.

Your location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: not very (yet)

Do you consume dairy: only goats cheese, feta and mozarella

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, tea and sometimes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: healthy + losing a few pounds

Favorite exercise: not sure yet

Favorite Primal food: bacon!

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: it can be expensive for a poor student like myself

So, this was my very short introduction. Question/suggestions/tips are very welcome!

xx Lisa

The Questions:

Your location: Seattle, WA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: 80%, I guess, but constantly striving for more

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not copious amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea on rare occasions

Motivator for switching to Primal: It was the next right choice after a decade long exploration to find what fuels my body best.

Favorite exercise: Dancing

Favorite Primal food: Steak and salad

Best part about being Primal: Feeling lean and confident, regardless of my weight.

Worst part about being Primal: The end of the week when the food is gone and eating well doesn't feel easy.

Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 70/30 (slowly working the last bits out!)

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both (now with less sugar)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight and become generally fitter/healthier

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Seasoned chicken, giant mushrooms and veg

Best part about being Primal: weight loss and general feeling of progress in the right direction

Worst part about being Primal: trying not to get bored with the same meals (havent quite branched out that far yet!)