Page 346 of 626 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 6253

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 346

bluechargeboy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: North Wales, UK

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Can't afford true grass-fed meat (the beef appears to be the equivalent of $25/lb here) so I am doing organic in the meantime, thus getting rid of antibiotics etc. Have a farm shop nearby that pasture their cows but they feed them barley as well, more investigation required. There are plenty of farms around here.

Do you consume dairy: Yes (but lessening)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose "beer" belly, move away from semi-OCD calorie counting, and as an experiment! Been doing this for 5 weeks now, getting easy now.

Favorite exercise: Mountain biking. Plenty of mountains to choose from around here. Doing Simplefit as well, and I cycle to work often.

Favorite Primal food: Anything with high fat that previously would have received short shrift due to CW.

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling tired after lunch in work, what a revelation! This is a massive and obvious difference for me.

Worst part about being Primal: Occasional biscuit (cookie) cravings that I will probably give into on a limited basis if they continue. Not yet though, need to do the bodily CTRL-ALT-DEL first. The other thing is having to cook and be more organised regarding work lunches, have found myself at the cooker at bedtime, frying meat up for the next day!

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Queensland, Australia

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Seven days thus far, small concession to CW over Easter.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, and yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight, tried lots of diets, exercise etc with limited success

Favorite exercise: none, perhaps walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, roast chicken... lets be honest, most meats.

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: Getting sick of eggs for breakfast.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Your location: Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Was primal a year and a half ago, without knowing the real name for it...battling yeast issues. I looked great and was the tiniest ever, but still used bad oils. I fell off the wagon. I've only been back on for about a month and a half...but in the last 2 weeks have cut out nuts and chocolate and fruit. I tend to OD on anything sweet...even nuts!

Do you consume dairy: No, cannot tolerate it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea sometimes but I feel this causes me to get hungry...need to just consume water instead.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Cellulite--and I know this is the only thing that will work for me.

Favorite exercise: swimming!

Favorite Primal food: Currently--avocado

Best part about being Primal: Weight loss, increased self-esteem

Worst part about being Primal: Sounding like a kook when trying to talk to others about it.

I started around 140 pounds and hadn't weighed myself at all during lent. I weighed in this morning at 133 and was pretty happy about that. I knew my pants were feeling looser and that I had made some progress. Hardest part will be in a week and dealing with PMS cravings. I usually want to eat anything in sight...especially sweets and SALT!

Hi, I've been reading Mark's site and the forums for a while and wanted to join in at last! I've lost over 175 lbs following Atkins and like the similarities to Primal and plan on incorporating both into my long term health transformation.

Your location: Georgia, U.S.A.

How Primal are you: I've been following Atkins for many years and lost a ton of weight already. From what I've read, how I eat is pretty close to primal.

Do you consume dairy: Very limited, never more than 3 oz of hard cheese a day, a little cream or yogurt on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but limited

Motivator for switching to Primal: When I went LCHF, I needed to lose weight, prevent diabetes and fix my health, and I have. I like the discussions and research that go on here into nutrition and exercise and plan to incorporate more of this knowledge in my daily life.

Favorite exercise: Walking and weights

Favorite Primal food: steak! When I can afford it

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat great and not be starving or feel deprived

Worst part about being Primal: That much of the rest of our society doesn't eat this way (but hoping we all can change that!).

DianeWeston is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: liverpool, UK

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: have been following a similarish plan called the harcombe diet for about 3 weeks, this plan makes things clearer, aiming to be fully primal, with occasional planned social cheats.

Do you consume dairy: at the moment butter, maybe occasional cheese when weight loss is not such a concern

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea, some decaf coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, then as I learned more its for health benefits.

Favorite exercise: walking, Zumba and yoga ( does dancing with daughter on x box count.. :-)

Favorite Primal food: belly pork. Stir fry bacon, cabbage with garlic.

Best part about being Primal: at the moment weight loss.. ( 154 lb current weight, would love to be 140...)

Worst part about being Primal: being treated like I am on a fad diet by friends and family..

mee-shell is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Knoxville, Tennessee

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I'm not sure since there seems to be some wiggle room that I'm still trying to figure out. I've totally cut out refined sugar and all breads, eat lots of meat and veggies and some fruit, and all of my meals are on the paleo/primal recipe lists...but I don't walk like I should unless I take a trip to the Smokies, or lift many heavy things regularly, but I do work hard physically, dig my own Koi pond and line it with boulders, build square foot garden, paint rooms etc...I guess I feel like I need a reason to move, beyond the pure experience of it.

Do you consume dairy: yes. Yogurt, whole milk, cheese, butter...but not to excess.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: My asthma had gotten out of control and my insurance had stopped covering my daily inhaler. After being shocked by the price of Advair, I researched some natural remedies for asthma and came across a blog where the author listed all of the things he had tried to treat himself. He had great results with primal eating and linked to marksdailyapple. Had to go into the walk in clinic to get a shot, and started primal eating that day. Eating this way has really helped with my allergies and asthma. I can do so much more without having to go for my puffer.

Favorite exercise: Hiking in the mountains

Favorite Primal food: Parsnips! Whodathunkit?!

Best part about being Primal: Asthma symptoms relieved, sex drive improved, moods stable... and this community is so great. Very positive people.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm turning into an annoying food evangelist.

chaz11106 is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone,

First of all thanks to Mark for making this easy to understand and explaining the chemical processes and effects of eating processed non-primal foods.
    I was always thin. I always ate what ever I wanted and never gained a pound. Then I hit 30. Exercise slowed and the belly grew. A couple if years ago I was surprised to learn that I weighed 205 which for the first time in my life put me in the BMI 'overweight' category. That dropped to 185 - 190 mostly by just eating less. Someplace along the line I realized that always feeling tired is not normal. That lack of exercise is really going to come back and bite me later. I had also known for a while that PB&J at 11pm is not doing me any favors.
    A month or so ago I suggested to my wife that primal may be something to look into for her and her battle with weight loss, health issues, and gluten sensitivity. I bought her the primal recipes book and bought the 21day book for me. Once I finished the book I wasn't ready to start the program 'by the numbers' but I was ready to eat more primal and see how it made me feel.
    I stopped my trip to the corner store for soda and candy. I stopped eating bread and other grains. I started paying more attention to labels and found them shocking in some cases. I cut out excess sugars and all fast food. I didn't think I had much of a sweet tooth but I was surprised and enlightened when I had some minor non-specific cravings. I started drinking more water.
    I dropped 2 lbs the first week and 2 more the second week. I am down to 177 and feel great.
    The best part is my wife and I are on the journey together, sharing our successes, failures and recipe ideas. She had a 2 year head start on her food research and nutrition knowledge and that has been a huge help to me. Since going more primal she has started to drop from her "plateau weight" and is feeling better as well.

I still have a beer sometimes but I think I may be losing my taste for it. It feels so heavy now. Still haven't given up having a slice of pizza from time to time. Other than that I find the primal friendly food choices satisfying and I enjoy fixing myself a healthy snack when I feel hungry. I never was good at eating regularly but I find that even when I am hungry I don't feel as bad as it was before. I don't 'crash' in the afternoon anymore.

My biggest issue is getting myself to exercise. Hopefully the more I do it the better I will feel and that will encourage me to do it more regularly.

It is a work in progress but the results have been positive. I am on the journey to a healthier lifestyle and not looking back.

Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Not sure. Maybe 75 - 80% I am finding that Pizza and Beer can be hard to give up.

Do you consume dairy: I stopped drinking milk but still use butter(for cooking), eat some cheese, and still use half & half for coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Iced tea on occasion instead of soft drinks. Coffee almost every day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Long term health. In 20 years I want to be a fit, healthy, and active 60+.

Favorite exercise: Walking, running, weight lifting, calisthenics/stretching. I don't really have a favorite yet.

Favorite Primal food: various mixtures of salads (veggies, meat, lettuce, olives, cheese, avocado, tomato)

Best part about being Primal: I feel better and think better. I am not so grumpy/distracted when hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: No convenience/fast foods. Navigating food choices in a non-primal world.

PaleoHeather is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Evansville, IN

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'm very new to Paleo - this is my first day! I cleaned out my pantry, fridge, and freezer, and gave the Neolithic foods away. I am stocked up on fish, avocados, eggs, almonds, pistachios, almond milk, bacon, olive oil, butter, Greek yogurt, fresh fruits and vegetables, and frozen vegetables.

Do you consume dairy: Not currently, except for butter for cooking and half and half in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, rarely. Green tea, sometimes, Mostly I drink water and I also enjoy herbal iced teas, such as Tazo Passion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I weight 194 lbs right now and am 5'6". I gained 40 pounds over the last 3 years due to several factors (finishing college, plantar fasciitis, sprained knee, and working in foodservice). I now work in a foodservice job where the food is awful so there is no temptation to eat it! Before I worked at places with yummy food...
    My weight was fine regardless of what I ate until I had to stop running due to plantar fasciitis. Then it started creeping up slowly and now I wear I size 14/16 when I wore a size 10 three years ago. I have tons of pictures of how good I looked and I want to lose the fat and be healthy. Also my family has a history of cardiovascular disease and diabetes, so I want to avoid those issues.

Favorite exercise: I like to swim and weight train.

Favorite Primal food: I adore every type of seafood and love fruit.

Best part about being Primal: Still to be determined since I just started.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm worried about family gatherings and being tempted by foods that I crave like pasta and ice cream.

Semabe is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Pasadena, CA

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: 1 day down, 20 to go (I started backing off the carbs 2 weeks ago and got my food supplies ready)

Do you consume dairy: greek yogurt and non processed cheese only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, preferably green but only 1 or 2 cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was a life long athlete....Masters Swimming, mountain biking, skiing, running, hiking, etc. but have had some ups and downs. About 4 years ago I got into fantastic shape and my father suddenly passed away and left me with some family issues to work through.....which killed all my motivation. I also had some major changes at work that took away my time to work out. In the last 3 years my diet has gone from bad to worse, as has my health (I am 39, 5'10, 230lbs and have been recently diagnosed with high BP, RA, insomnia and sleep apnea.) I just haven't felt right for a long time and I want to make some radical changes.....feel good, get rid of stress, and not be the person I am now. This is the first program I've seen that combines diet and exercise and just makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Swimming, hiking, lifting heavy things

Favorite Primal food: BACON

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet but I hope I'm going to say "how I feel when I wake up every day."

Worst part about being Primal: I'm going to guess that I'm really going to miss pasta and noodles.

pobbie4 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Arlington, VA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: A splash of milk in my morning scramble

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: After discussing primal with a buddy who is primal I started doing the research. After looking at the science behind it and then drawing my own conclusions I decided it was the right move. The SO was harping on me to eat more vegetables and I found the diet that does it.

Favorite exercise: Hang Cleans

Favorite Primal food: Bison Filet

Best part about being Primal: The food choices, learning new recipes, constant energy, and my stomach issues have dropped drastically in frequency. Also, passing by my open pantry and looking at the "healthy food" I used to eat and looking at the ingredients every once in a while. That makes me laugh!

Worst part about being Primal: Other people feeling they need to cater and create special meals for dinner parties.

I started thinking I was being Primal right after Christmas, I saw some immediate changes. I went fully Primal in the beginning of February. I have dropped close to 4% body fat to get to below 10%. I went from 208 on December 26th to 192 last week.