Age (If you want): 30 gulp

How Primal are you: My best guess is probably close to 75%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Becoming Healthier

Favorite exercise: playing outside with my kids

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: More energy

Worst part about being Primal: Higher grocery bill, hopefully that will change as the vegetable garden grows

Hi Everyone, I am Danielle

Your location: Rockford, IL

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 99% (the 1% is for when I slip up or have not read labels properly). I don't do cheats

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: none water only

Motivator for switching to Primal: painful inflamed skin and tissue, fatigue, fat loss

Favorite exercise: running, and weights

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, bacon fat, and bacon

Best part about being Primal: More energy, focus and over all happiness

Worst part about being Primal: NOTHING!

ctheflow is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Christopher.

Your location: New York, New York

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not a lot.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes me feel so much better all around.

Favorite exercise: Muscle-ups.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am treating my body well and feeling good when I do.

Worst part about being Primal: Temptation to eat the more readily available 'other stuff.'

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Chicago suburbs, IL

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Working on it, but pretty close. Diet part seems to be easiest: 50-100 carbs to work on weight loss.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to get rid of dizziness

Favorite exercise: Playing soccer

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Not being hungry all.the.time

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cook 3 meals a day, 7 days a week for me and the kids.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm a newbie, just started on Monday of this week. I'm currently in a deep "no carb fog" right now. I have cut all refined sugars/flours/grains, and it's brutal, lol!!

Do you consume dairy: cottage cheese and other cheeses, and one serving of sugar free creamer with my coffee in the morning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup of coffee in the morning, herbal teas on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been struggling with sugar binges every 2-3 days and I want to stop. I used to drink a lot and stopped drinking, and now it seems that my "drug of choice" is now binging on sugar. I want to learn how to live life without needing to binge on any kind of substance, and I also want to be fit and healthy. I work out regularly and ate fairly clean except for the binges, I'm hoping Primal will help set me onto the right nutritional path for the rest of my life.

Favorite exercise: Turbo Fire, running, I'm a total cardio junky

Favorite Primal food: Big ass salad, lol!!

Best part about being Primal: Knowing my body will be healthy and fit because I'm feeding it the right way.

Worst part about being Primal: Carb flu, hands down.

kethexx is offline Junior Member
    Hi i am kethexx well come all forum member.

misspudding is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm misspudding, but my real name is Missy.

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! I live north of Seattle in the city of Everett.

How Primal are you: I started this sort of as a stunt for Lent. Most days, I'd stay around 50 grams of carbs a day. My son has something called fructose malabsorption (apples, pears, watermelon, mango, wheat, barley have lots of fructose, so they make us sick...official diagnosis from Seattle Children's, not a "fad"), so we don't have any juice or most fruits in the house. Very little sugar around here except for dark chocolate. I gave up wheat roughly three years ago because I'm gluten intolerant and also a fructose malabsorber.

Do you consume dairy: My son also has a dairy allergy (we're fun at parties!), so we don't keep milk or dairy in the house, except butter, which he's fine with. I eat butter, and I'll eat small amounts of cheese if I'm out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Did you see my location? LOL!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss was original motivator, but then a friend suggested it for acne. I didn't believe her because I've heard that for everything related to acne control. It's the first thing that has *ever* worked.

Favorite exercise: Walking and hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Beef steak of any kind I can get my hands on. Salmon is a close second.

Best part about being Primal: My acne cleared up!

Worst part about being Primal: Going out with "normal" people. I can't have pizza or pasta or beer or ice cream or...blah blah blah. That and the likelihood that I'm going to alienate them all as I talk off their ears about how I love my diet and they should really try it. Heh.

With the gluten intolerance, the dairy allergy, and the lack of super-sweet fruit, it really wasn't that hard for me to switch to primal. The hardest part for me was realizing how much milk I was drinking in my coffee, and how much wine I like to drink, and how much sugar is in all of the gluten free stuff. Once I got over the hump of the first couple of weeks, I stopped having hunger pangs. It's been great. I lost 20 pounds so far! I started at 220 and am working my way down to around 160 (I'm 5'8"). I did cheat a bunch this week (just a couple of days with some homemade gluten free pancakes for my son whom we're desperately trying to get weight onto) and I'm seeing the results on my skin. Major acne outbreak! So awful! I guarantee I'm sticking to this. Vanity!

kimsaria is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    My favorite exercise is walking and cycling, unfortunately I have 2 screwed up knees and a badly screwed up back so slowly walking is all I got left.
    I started barefooting (walking a track with just socks on) and going to the chiropractor. Legs and back are MUCH better now. Barefooting made me realize that shoes had been acting like corsets and making my ankles, calves and other connections weak.

A doctor told me there was nothing to it but clearly my calves got the best workout of their lives the first time I tried it. I have already lost my weight and do run some but not much as my one knee always ends up hurting too much. I carry 13 lbs (I'm 120 lbs) more on my right leg. Now I'm wondering if all of that was because my calf muscles and all the surrounding areas are always working in a weakened state. My knee isn't bothering me at all after my first 2k run.

I wonder if being so much bigger would compound the issues. It's worth looking into. I had no idea my legs were so weak! I'm appalled and busy doing something about it. I've also switched all my kids too barefooting as much as possible so that they don't experience these same types of weakness issues.

It's worth at least doing some research on it and considering the possibility.

Kind regards,
    Kim

kimsaria is offline Junior Member
    It's nice to meet other people with the same issues as us!

The Sensitive Canadian: Paleo Kids

Mine is okay with most fruit but most seeds are out for him.

We're fun at parties too. I know from whence you come. ;D

bitemarx is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Not at all. Just getting started and reading up on this.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, but making the transition to tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking at my body in the mirror kills my mood.

Favorite exercise: Push ups

Favorite Primal food: None yet.

Best part about being Primal: Challenging myself.

Worst part about being Primal: Suppressing the craving for the Lamb Biriyani that the OH makes! :-(