Page 344 of 638 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 344

ZombieNation is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Suburbs of Chicago

Age (If you want): About to turn 27

How Primal are you: I'm not, well, not YET. I'm currently reading 21 Day Total Body Transformation by Primal Blueprint

Do you consume dairy: Right now, I use butter regularly. Milk is not a regular part of my diet, only when I'm eating cereal, which I might add is the childish fruity, loaded with sugar cereal. I plan to change all of this as I'm reading this book

Do you drink coffee or tea: I LOVE coffee. However, I do put cream and sugar in it, I can handle it without, but prefer it with. That will also be changing.

Motivator for switching to Primal: The success stories!!! That is the main reason for wanting and being interested in going primal. What I have read so far, makes TOTAL sense also. It's making me think of things I've never thought of.

Favorite exercise: I don't exercise. Ever. I'm horrible. I know I should, but I just don't feel motivated to go to the gym. I would if I wasn't so tired, or bored all the time. In fact, I would probably love going for a 15 minute jog on a treadmill if I was motivated enough.

Favorite Primal food: Well, I haven't cooked any Primal meals yet.. though I also purchased the Primal Blueprint Cookbook, which I'm really pumped to start using.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't switched over yet. :P

Worst part about being Primal: I'm going to miss potatoes, and pasta. I'm a HUGE pasta lover.

I'm really looking for something that I can get USED to. I've tried diets, they are hard. I've tried just exercising, I don't get into as much as I thought I would. I want something that I can live by, without missing out on all the good things in life. I don't want to look over at someone's plate of bacon and think, "God, I want that..." While I'm looking at scrambled egg whites, and water. I've started to read the 21 Day Transformation, and I'm thinking that this is something I can live my life around. I'm actually EXCITED to try it. The food looks AMAZING, and any diet that includes bacon is a winner in my book. Although, I've already read the part that Mark doesn't like to refer to this as a diet, but rather, a way of life. I am also looking for friends who have JUST recently started going Primal, and have some advice for me? Or someone I can relate to, I know this isn't going to be a cakewalk, but I'm excited to dive right in.

andyTHFC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNation View Post
    Your location: Suburbs of Chicago

I am also looking for friends who have JUST recently started going Primal, and have some advice for me? Or someone I can relate to, I know this isn't going to be a cakewalk, but I'm excited to dive right in.
    Hello from another Chicago suburbanite! You'll find no shortage of advice here. Don't be shy...ask as many questions as you like. I'm fairly new here, too, and it's been a great resource for me.

gruffalomama is offline Junior Member
    Hello

Your location: Hampshire, England

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: only 5 days in !! but good so far

Do you consume dairy: little milk in tea, cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Increasingly poor health and weight issues. Already suspected a wheat intolerance, found this site whilst researching so Primal it is !!

Favorite exercise: mmmm yet to find, not overly energetic but do enjoy a good walk outdoors

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Feeling alert and having some control over my own health

Worst part about being Primal: Organisation is not my strong point and I need to be organised to live this lifestyle.

Looking forward to learning more and being part of the community ...........

And I'd like to say Grok on ...but have to confess I don't have the slightest idea of what that is referring to !!

Maz
    Maz is offline Junior Member
    Hi I'm Marianne, Its nice to meet you all.

Your location: Gold Coast, QLD Australia (heaven on earth)

Age (If you want): 35
    (Over weight)

How Primal are you: on and off 80% (looking to be 100%, 99.9% of the time

Do you consume dairy: Nope ( unless I fall off the wagon)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health: I was diagnosed with RA 12 mths ago and am sick of being on these nasty drugs that make my moods and energy swing, make me want to eat everything all the time and my hair to fall out.
    To look better: I live on the Gold coast home of surf sun and sand. I want to enjoy it not worry about how I look.
    To gain a healthy relationship with food, a healthy relationship with myself and hopefully to gain a healthy relationship with someone else.

Favorite exercise: Swimming/ walking/ Lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: Chicken cooked in coconut oil any way any how.

Best part about being Primal: gaining control over my life, my cravings and my health

Worst part about being Primal: Planning ahead. I plan well I just don't follow through very well.

I started the leptin reset a month or so ago and noticed after a week of feeling good I crashed..... i couldn't stay awake, my thoughts became very fuzzy and I was accident prone. This isn't good in my line of work nor did it help with my studies. Im hoping to find ways to minimise the "CRASH" and to kick start the rest of my healthy drug (medication) free life.

Zsolt is offline Junior Member
    Hey there!

Your location: Montreal

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: 90%. I still put milk in coffee...

Do you consume dairy: Greek Yogurt!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Just coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Shred some jelly of the belly!

Favorite exercise: Heavy ass deadlifts!

Favorite Primal food: Currently, bacon!

Best part about being Primal: BACON!

Worst part about being Primal: hm.....

Nikki T is offline Junior Member

Lemming along...

Your location: CT, USA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal. No sugar (except 1/2 glass of POM in the morning), grains in this Grokette's diet.

Do you consume dairy: Organic milk (occasionally), organic cheese (daily), Greek Yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: In my research, I discovered how bad carbs are for our health, and I want to be happy and healthy for many years to come. My husband came home with TPB one day and said "I'm doing this." I was half-way there, already, so that was the final moment.

Favorite exercise: I LOVE that I can do pull-ups now! But my favorite exercise is still my interval sprints.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, bacon (nitrate free)

Best part about being Primal: Being lighter than I have been in memory, feeling GREAT every single day. Knowing I am taking care of my body.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to spread the good news and seeing people shut down when I tell them all they need to do is not eat breads and grains.

SuperMimi is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Medical Lake, Washington, USA

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Sporadically primal. I'm trying like crazy to make this thing work, but am having serious issues with sugar (mostly soda) addiction and with food fixation.

Do you consume dairy: A little. Just a dab of cream in my tea, and a sliver of cheese here and there. Of course, there's also the butter I cook my veggies in.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, making a transition to tea though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, and to rediscover a love of movement. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. My body feels cumbersome. It seems that the Primal way of eating and living might address that issue.

Favorite exercise: Ballet, Pilates, strolling around the lake.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Being given permission to eat meat, and enjoy it. That might sound weird, but as a former vegetarian, and then later a wannabe vegetarian for many years, there was always this stigma about eating meat. It's incredibly liberating to let that old belief fall away.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my soda. And my cookies. I never used to have a "sweet tooth", but have developed one big-time since quitting smoking. I am absolutely obsessed with sweets (and snacking) at the moment. I'm hoping that will pass soon, but I imagine I'll need to get through an entire week without cheating first!

TMike is offline Junior Member
    Hi, everyone. I'm Mike

Your location: Crockett, CA (SF Bay Area)

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: I'm doing better than 80%, though I'm certainly not a perfect 100% primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Butter, greek yogurt, lactose-free milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. One cup of coffee on most mornings, and lots of rooibos tea daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Desire to look and feel my best and live to a ripe old age.

Favorite exercise: Hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Wrapped in bacon. Washed down with dark chocolate.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling amazing.

Worst part about being Primal: Less spontaneity when it comes to eating out.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    My name is Warmbear.

I live in Montreal.

I am 45

I have just found out about Primal but I have known about the Paleodiet for years. I have wavered in and out of compliance for most of those years. I love good bread and Montreal bagels.

I am lactose intolerant so Cow milk and butter and soft cheeses make me sick. I drink some goat milk when I can get it.

I drink coffee, Man do I love coffee. a little honey a little goats milk and mmmmmmm happy dance.

I started looking at The whole paleo diet thing when I discovered I go hypoglycemic on days with too much carbs, I started looking at the reasons, found that a meat and veggies diet made me feel better. Now more than a single slice of white bread and I will be sick for a day. Sadly knowing whats good for you and actually doing it is the hard part.

I have been Overweight all my life and have lost and gained 1000's of lbs to no avail. I am now 6 foot 3 and 330 lbs. I should be 200.

My favorite exercise is walking and cycling, unfortunately I have 2 screwed up knees and a badly screwed up back so slowly walking is all I got left.

My favorite food is meat, pork, beef, deer, goat, squirrels, you name it I have or would love to try it.

The best part of Paleo, dont know about primal yet, I just started, is not having to run for the toilet every hour.

The hardest part is going to be cutting out bread. Montreal has great bread. Did I mention our bagels?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada.

Age (If you want):22

How Primal are you:About 90%

Do you consume dairy:No, lactose intolerance due to genetic heritage.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Occasionally tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well, my name, Concrete Indian, made me look at the world around me under a new light, I just decided to turn my environment into a "forest" of sorts and go nuts. It just feels right.

Favorite exercise: Pretty much anything Runny Jumpy Climby. I get an adrenaline rush from being in a precarious position from climbing things and I always pushed myself that much harder to overcome it-unfortunately it seems society doesn't believe in an adult-friendly publicly available jungle gym...Which I totally plan on building some day.

Favorite Primal food: hmmmmm...Pretty much anything with meat in it.

Best part about being Primal: No one can get mad at my meat consumption being the staple of my day-to-day eating anymore because it's a large part of my diet, which has been showing a steady increase in my overall energy levels and even a reduction in DOMS.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain to my friends/family why it is I won't eat grains, sugars, etc, etc, etc. And why I thought it was a good idea to by VFF's in late February when there was still a foot of snow. 8)-Actually, on second thought I have to agree with Warmbear above me, he's got it right, Montreal and the surrounding area makes really awesome bread, the smell of it (Just thinking of it) makes my mouth water and my stomach grumble...Grrr)