Page 343 of 600 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 5997

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 343

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: Bonanza, OR

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just started...not sure if that makes me more or less.

Do you consume dairy: Before today? With a vengeance. Now that I've started PB...I'll cut it waaaaaay down and see how it goes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee very rarely; tea daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight & live a healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Zumba!

Favorite Primal food: A nice bloody steak. Oh yeah.

Best part about being Primal: I get to eat my own cows.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread like I would miss one of my limbs.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Texarkana, USA/Belize, Central America

Age (If you want):49

How Primal are you:fair amount

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk, cheese, yogurt from my goats (I raise dairy goats)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: interested in the program. Have done the following food regimens: vegetarian 13 years (til I started raising my own goats, sheep, chickens), vegan (1 year), raw foodie (6 months). Primal is not too far off from how I have been eating for the last 5 years, so want to see what it's all about.

Favorite exercise: Running! I like to cycle too. Just started Crossfit.

Favorite Primal food: goat

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: If it is like being a raw foodie I will have to eat a ton of food (i can get too thin real quick)

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Califorina, US

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: newbie. I am experimenting again, trying to find a (lifelong) diet that will help me maintain a better health. This is my first day of eating Primal; I had two eggs, some bacon, some tomato, and mint tea for breakfast. In the next few days I'll do (even more) research and a little planning to sort out what I'll eat from here.

Do you consume dairy: I still have maybe a cup left at home, but after that I don't know. I have gone without dairy before (raw veganish stint) and I do love almond and coconut milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, but I rarely drink coffee, and will be keeping both in moderation.

Motivator for switching to Primal: previous health issues are what lead me here. Also the desire for the best health.

Favorite exercise: swimming, yoga, hiking

Favorite Primal food: rare tuna

Best part about being Primal: hoping to find out

Worst part about being Primal: eating out will be maybe difficult, and no more pizza or pasta

PeteA is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Florida, USA

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: More Primal every Day..going organic as much as my budget can afford

Do you consume dairy: NO

Do you drink coffee or tea: went from 2 pots a day + diet sodas to zero about 3 weeks ago. still drink decaff tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: It seems to make sense. Read the book.

Favorite exercise: Barefoot trail running, mountain biking, etc..

Favorite Primal food: Fish

Best part about being Primal: Remembering how to have fun - Kinda like playing American Indian when I was a kid

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Beer. Still have a few on the weekends...working on cutting that out. Red Wine sux.just sayin.

getfit is offline Junior Member
    Your location: SF Bay Area

Age (If you want): **gulp** 46

How Primal are you: Since November 2011

Do you consume dairy: Yup

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yup to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Optimal health

Favorite exercise: Kayaking these days

Favorite Primal food: bacon, coconut oil, and dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: Losing FAT

Worst part about being Primal: Having to spend money on new clothes because I continue to shrink

Goozer is offline Junior Member
    Here I go!

Your location: Raleigh, North Carolina

Age (If you want): 16

How Primal are you: Ummm, well I had gone fully primal 5 or so months ago (all the way down to IF), but then fell dramatically and switched to SAD binge-eating basically every day. I am now just starting to get back into the Grok groove again (this is day four of gluten free and no milk!), so I' d say that I'm partially Primal (I still eat quinoa).

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, it's one of my weaknesses besides chocolate . I consume full-fat Greek yogurt and cheese (too bad the cheese isn't full-fat and has been pasteurized most of the time...)

Do you drink coffee or tea: COFFEE (with half and half, no sugar)!!! I'm working on doing only two or less cups a day though haha

Motivator for switching to Primal: Okay, I'll be as brief as possible - about two years ago, I was 5'3 and ~150 pounds with 50% chance of becoming a Type 2 Diabetic. Seeing how my dad does horribly as a diabetic, I decided to start running. I ran almost everyday from June to October of 2010, until I joined my mom's gym and began doing classes such as "Bodypump" (weight-lifting/endurance) and biking outside. I then decided to cut-out fried foods, carbs, gluten, and added sugar from my diet. by Christmas, I was down to 120 pounds, my goal weight. That's when things got scary: I couldn't figure out how to maintain that. I began losing more weight. By april, I was 109 pounds. All of the sudden, I started counting calories (1500 or less a day with vigorous exercise) and by September of 2011, I was 79 pounds at 5'3 and had would have probably died within a few months. After my parents told me that I either get healthy or go to the hospital, I found this website and decided to recover via Primal dieting/exercise on my own. I stayed on it from October to the beginning of November with IF everyday (got up to 93 pounds and maintained), but by winter break, something snapped and I began to binge on SAD foods everyday until about four days ago. I have no idea what I weigh now (I stopped that horrible habit after I got back up to 120 pounds in January), but I'm pretty sure I'm slightly overweight since I don't exercise and have gotten my period back (which I'm thankful for). Now I'm going to try again, and focus on health, not thinness. I am going to try to get my to exercising after I have more energy with the Primal eating plan.

Favorite exercise: I really love mountain biking and seeing nature, but I also like shoulder exercises such as Mac-Raises and other weight-lifting exercises. I also love "Body Combat" (kick boxing mixed with Tai Chi or something) a lot!

Favorite Primal food: I like avocado and bacon!

Best part about being Primal: I feel energized and creative, and I don't have urges to binge as much!

Worst part about being Primal: ...no more cookies...although I make almond flour ones that are just as good haha

-Andie

LisaDegliantoni is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Evanston, IL

Age (If you want): almost 40!

How Primal are you: 3 weeks into it, 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Turning 40 has me thinking about the need to feel more energetic towards everything in my life from my marriage, to my job to my children. And Mark looks like he's got tons of energy!

Favorite exercise: The long 5-mile Saturday morning walk

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, steak, vegetables, etc. etc. etc.

Best part about being Primal: How my body is responding to the new combinations of food I am consuming!

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing at all so far!
    Lisa Degliantoni, aspiring cavewoman

nraes is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alberta, Canada

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Not overly, I'm just starting out!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to get healthier, feel better, and this seems like a lifestyle that really works well with my life and my health.

Favorite exercise: Outdoor active games (like capture the flag, mucketball, etc.), hiking, horseback riding

Favorite Primal food: Chicken and avocado lettuce wraps, steak

Best part about being Primal: How much healthier I feel, how delicious the food can be

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of cupcakes!

Drockett is offline Junior Member
    My name is Dianne

Your location: Fremont, CA

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Very!!

Do you consume dairy: Some greek yogurt, sour cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to lose weight and get healthy!

Favorite exercise: convict workout and my gazelle

Favorite Primal food: Cardiff Crack marinade for my meat!!

Best part about being Primal: I Have lost 16 pounds in 3 months!

Worst part about being Primal: NO ENERGY!! What can I do?

I also concerned about my high blood pressure. My fiance is also primal, but has not really lost weight. He is considering going back to whole grains. What should we do?

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Drockett View Post
    My name is Dianne

Worst part about being Primal: NO ENERGY!! What can I do?
    I'm pretty new to this, so I'm by no means an expert; but try increasing your fat. It worked wonders for me! If increasing your fat doesn't help, try increasing your carbs, very slowly. Hopefully that helps. Also, somewhere on this forum is a very helpful link to troubleshooting problems - I'll see if I can find the link for you.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools