Page 342 of 600 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 6000

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 342

mel821 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello! I've been reading about this Primal thing for a few months and just haven't yet gotten the nerve to dive in. I've recently had to change my diet because of my hiatal hernia so I'm hoping I'll find some inspiration here to help get me on this path.

Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Going to try start strong.

Do you consume dairy: I could do without all dairy, but I'm going to be mourning cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mainly wanting to lose weight and help get relief with my hiatal hernia.

Favorite exercise: Running.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Bacon!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm pretty much a bean burrito addict. I will miss them greatly.

lil milo is offline Junior Member
    east of the mississippi, north of the mason-dixon line
    Your location: southern new england

Age (If you want): 49 days shy of 50

How Primal are you: gettin' pretty darn primal

Do you consume dairy: a few times a week,plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese; though trying to trim that down.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee black

Motivator for switching to Primal: craving a leaner body(one with fewer aches and pains than i have become accustom to,) a more focused mind

Favorite exercise: coming down from being an obsessive cardio junkie -- so i'm not certain what my fave exercise is right now.

Favorite Primal food: cow and lamb

Best part about being Primal: no carb slumps!

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet. it's only been 12 days.

alinamfdz is offline Junior Member
    Hello Fellow Primals!

Age 54

How Primal?
    Just got the books a couple of weeks ago and am finishing my first week eating this way! All is good.

Do I consume dairy?:
    Right now I am doing raw cheese (approx. an ounce/day, half and half (max. 2T/day). I plan to have full fat milk on Sundays (might have to cut it out since I feel I am addicted to it!)

Do you drink coffee or tea?
    I love coffee (I use water processed, organic, decaf) more than tea, I am limiting my consumption to 1-2 cups/day.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    To blast into oblivion all the fat I have in problems spots and the extra weight. Want to look lean and would love to have a body fat index lower than 20.

Favorite exercise:
    A little of everything, weights, karate, yoga, treadmill.

Favorite Primal food:
    Chocolate, rich desserts (of course haven't made any recipes from the books yet!)

Best part about being Primal:
    Having energy, eating well and losing weight!

Worst part about being Primal:
    No carbs breaks.

alphamango is offline Junior Member
    Hi all! Great thread!

Your location: Western Arctic, Canada

Age (If you want): 38 years old

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: I do some greek yogurt 2-3 times a week and cheese (mainly parma) occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started off doing the Slow Carb Diet (SCD) outlined in the 4 Hour Body to get rid of some flab that crept up on me during my 30's. I also was dealing with crazy energy peaks and crashes that were dictating my life. On the SCD, I also got rid of grains totally from my diet as it was apparent I was reacting to them horribly during my Cheat Days. My Cheat Days looked like PB diet so it was a natural transition. I'd rather have berries than beans :P
    Now that I'm at my goal BF%, I'm looking to get stronger.

Favorite exercise: Walking, x-country skiing, kayaking, hiking, anything that gets me outdoors

Favorite Primal food: Sashimi. I also eat a lot of game meat. Oh yeah, and coconut anything.YUM!

Best part about being Primal: Stable, high energy levels! I can go for hours without eating and not turn into a zombie. Love it! I also love that my taste buds and body have recalibrated to enjoying real, whole foods.

Worst part about being Primal: At this point, it's all good.

MrMajestic is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Stockholm, Sweden

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: More and more each week

Do you consume dairy: Yes, Turkish Yoghurt on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: Just tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being fat and looking like a bag of crap and feeling like it too

Favorite exercise: Just treadmill walk/run so far

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and meat in general

Best part about being Primal: Makes me feel good

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found one yet. Maybe friends and coworkers not understanding it

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: USA

Age (If you want): 60

How Primal are you: Just ordered books, shakes and supplements today

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost 45 lbs. on South Beach and was happy. Somehow I lost my way and began eating like my old lifestye. I decided to try primal because a friend just started it and thought we can help one another. I also thought primal sounded a bit like South Beach (which I know works). With primal, I hope to eat healthy again and drop 45 lbs. (again).

Favorite exercise: lifting weights (hate to "bounce around")

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: don't know that yet either

Divine Health is offline Junior Member

How Primal: Modified Primal at the mo., but shifting fully (consume some rice)

Consume Dairy: Yes - fermented/cultured dairy -dairy with little to no lactose

Coffee or Tea: The occassional French press organic swiss water process decaf and yes some tea

Motivator for switching primal: Knew my body felt best eating this way and it just makes sense given the facts/science/studies

Favorite Exercise: Kettlebells & Dance

Favorite Primal Food: Fats, seafood & BACON!

Best part about being primal: Feel amazing, regulated blood sugar, satisfied!

Worst part about being primal: nothing really other than it's inconvenient to eat in public and at social gatherings - mainly because people don't get it.

chels4204 is offline Junior Member
    Name: Chelsea

Your location: Near Orlando, Fl

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Not Primal yet, getting there. I just went gluten free a week ago and a friend told me about this way of life and I'm seriously interested, just have to make the leap! I should get my PB book in the next few days!

Do you consume dairy: Nope, lactose intolerant.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: A lot of things but mainly I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time. I will be working with the elderly and in all my studies in school I constantly read about chronic diseases and how debilitating they are. I don't want to live my life like that when I'm older...or now. I want to be free of illness in life.

Favorite exercise: I do the Beachbody programs: P90X, Insanity, Insanity: The Asylum, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, etc. I've recentely quit smoking (7 weeks ago) and started running and really love it!

Favorite Primal food: We'll since I'm not Primal yet I'll just go with most fruits or a good steak w/ mushrooms!

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet but I'd imagine it would be the whole being healthy part and possibly being the weight I want to be at.

Worst part about being Primal: We'll I grew up on carbs. I used to eat, sleep and breathe them! So the worst part will be the occasional (or often at first) "craving" or urge for carbs. Eventually that will go away though. Once I'm past the beginning I'd say the worst part would be explaining it to people or catching crap for it. People have a hard time understanding or accepting the choice to live a healthy lifestyle especially if it seems extreme from the "norm"

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Probably 90/10 but fell off the wagon a few days the past few weeks because I had zero energy

Do you consume dairy: Some butter when I get the craving, and cream cheese. Rarely milk or cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, way too much coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Having more energy and taking better care of myself without resorting to extreme amounts of cardio. I suffer from chronic cardio, and I'm trying to reduce my exercise addiction, because 2 hours of intense cardio daily is no way to live.

Favorite exercise: Stairmaster (not very primal, but hey, nobody's perfect)

Favorite Primal food: Almonds

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I'm taking good care of myself

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat Honey Bunches of Oats with milk
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

edearl is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 85/15 (and started IFing a couple of weeks ago with GREAT results so far)

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: mainly tea, coffee infrequently

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pre-primal, I was becoming more "skinny fat" everyday. I did not want to let myself go and embrace the "inevitable" spare tire. I wanted to feel strong again and of course LGN for my hot wife!

Favorite exercise: cross-country running, but I have cut WAY back on that in order to reduce inflamation. I am currently doing lots of body weight and weighted heavy-lifting.

Favorite Primal foods: Scottish meatballs, avacados, and bacon, DUH!

Best part about being Primal: knowledge

Worst part about being Primal: controlling my tongue when presented with an oppotunity to speak about all the garbage I used to eat (and that others around me continue to eat). Knowledge is power, and I am striving to find the balance between sharing knowledge in order to empower others and beating them over the head with facts they are not ready to accept.

34 / M / 5'9" / 2.5 years primal