Page 341 of 630 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 341

Capricious-Cave-Girl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! I've been reading Mark's blog for six months now and primal for three. I figured it was high time to check in.

Your location: Northern Virginia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: between 80 and 95% (usually closer to 95%)

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: I felt toxic and was overweight. I kept searching for a way to shed my unhealthy weight and feel more nourished. I'd begun to suspect that my fatigue wasn't just from being overweight but from the quality - or lack there of - of the food I ate. I first read "Never be sick again" and then turned to Mark's books. I ditched my old lifestyle, embraced primal and I am not looking back!

Favorite exercise: Bicycling and walking

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed beef, Bison and farm raised, organic bacon

Best part about being Primal: The energy and the weight loss. I feel like a kid again!!

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of one. I'm sort of stuck on ideas for breakfasts these last few weeks... mostly because I've cut out all wheat/grain and am slightly reluctant/nervous about trying alternative or flour substitutes.

skinnytayy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Pretty much 100% except I do go out to eat occasionally and eat a few pieces of fried catfish (what can i say? I'm from Louisiana.) On a regular basis, I do not eat any grains, legumes, very limited on potatoes, no processed foods, no refined sugars.

Do you consume dairy: I enjoy about 2tbsp. of whipped cream around 5 days a week, that's all. I'm not opposed to dairy, just don't eat it much.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee everyday, mostly. I drink unsweetened tea periodically.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was sick & tired of being sick & tired. I was unhealthy and unhappy. I had heard about the Paleo diet a few years ago, decided to research, and ended up finding MDA and learning about the Primal diet.

Favorite exercise: Walking or Insanity ... It's a close tie.

Favorite Primal food: Currently, its pumpkin waffles ... It changes often though. Oh & BACON!! <3

Best part about being Primal: The feeling you get, its indescribable. To wake up fully rested, full of energy, and feeling like you could take over the world. No mid-day crashes, rarely getting sick, my mysterious migraine problem is gone, my skin is so glowy, and I'm losing weight. What could be better?

Worst part about being Primal: When people ask me, "so what's it like being like a caveman?" or people that try to convince me that I'm wrong and am hurting my body or depriving it. Oh & especially when people say, "well you need grains to get your fiber. You need to eat more dairy to get your calcium. Yada yada yada." Other then that, nothing =)

amijoy is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Stillwater, OK

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Im slowly easing in. About 50/50 right now, would like to see that become more like 80/20

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: My sisters family back in california is completely primal and they are the healthiest and most energetic family i've ever met. Decided to try it out to help combat the "innevitable" college weight gain

Favorite exercise: not sure yet

Favorite Primal food: beef strips over salad with a lime juice and olive oil dressing

Best part about being Primal: feeling healthy

Worst part about being Primal: giving up wheat, i used to love indulging on cheesy bread

jake85 is offline Junior Member

Hello Everyone!

Hi! My name is Jake and I am about two weeks into the primal lifestyle. I look forward to getting healthy and getting to know all of you!
    Your location: Milwaukee, WI

Age (If you want):27

How Primal are you: 90% with the food portion(still plenty of things that can/will be tweaked though) and I am making strides with fitness and everything regarding lifestyle(slow but steady progress)

Do you consume dairy: Seldom, cheese finds it's way into various dishes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Seldom, tea every great once in a while

Motivator for switching to Primal: Didn't like all the weigh I put on over winter, and I wanted a plan that I felt would be sustainable.

Favorite exercise:Volleyball

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great! I feel energized, haven't noticed any headaches since switching etc.

Worst part about being Primal: Out with friends who are chowing down everything, but it's getting easier!

istarille is offline Junior Member
    Hey folks, my name is Ista and have been dabbling with primal and IF for a few weeks and now feel focussed enough to really give it my all

Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 75% and rising!

Do you consume dairy: Yes - cheddar as treat - slowly weaning myself off

Do you drink coffee or tea: being English, I can't not drink tea!! black tea with a splash of milk and some sugar has been my to go hot bevy since forever but am slowly changing to green tea esp during fasting

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to lean up and feel less wobbly as well as clear up my rosacea and calm my pms

Favorite exercise: ballet dancing or Zwow interval training (former host of bodyrocktv)

Favorite Primal food: bacon!!!

Best part about being Primal: having a clear head, haven't been primal long so looking forward to more positives to come

Worst part about being Primal: no pastries - As I appear to be a host to a carb demon who tempts me to eat biscuits and pastries all day long - its so hard to resist... but I am

Mamchibi is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Nashville, TN

Age (If you want): 50-something

How Primal are you: Just learning, probably 50%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only raw from known sources

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, but only fermented (kombucha)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying yet ANOTHER way to lose the 100 pounds I've gained and lost seven times in the last 20 years.

Favorite exercise: Dancing!!

Favorite Primal food: Homemade butter from grassfed cows on March grass!!

Best part about being Primal: I get to eat my favorite foods

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to reconcile evolutionary principles with my intelligent design beliefs.
    please be patient with me, i'm a newbie.

shirlmidd is offline Junior Member
    Name: Shirley

Your location: UK

Age (If you want):53

How Primal are you: Not at all but interested in the concept.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Am reading The Primal Blueprint & am very interested in the arguments given for this type of lifestyle. I have Type 2 diabetes & am wondering how this condition will be affected?improved by a change.

Favorite exercise: Zumba

Favorite Primal food: ?

Best part about being Primal: Seems to be a healthier more natural diet.

Worst part about being Primal: Maybe no bread but I haven't tried going without it yet!

Hello all.
    Am reading The Primal Blueprint which I find very interesting. Having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes last year I was advised to eat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI) in order that the blood glucose levels do not rise too far. These foods will also maintain fullness for longer. Low GI foods include pulses, porridge (oatmeal), wholemeal bread etc which in the Primal diet are excluded. Can anyone who has type 2 diabetes tell me what changes they made to their diets to become "Primal?"
    Looking forward to replies & any advice.
    Thank you
    Shirl (UK).

Tandi is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ohio, United States

Age (If you want): 49..50 in July

How Primal are you: maybe 90%? I want to be 100%--that's my goal!

Do you consume dairy: I've had a little cheese here and there, and some Fage full-fat greek yogurt (delicious--funny, I've never been a fan of yogurt before)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea (unsweetened for years now) often and coffee occasionally. I prefer it black, but have tried it with heavy cream lately and that's delicious. Now, I need to find a subsitute for the chai lattes that I'd become addicted to. I've given them up completely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be lean, fit, strong, healthy ....and I need to lose 45 pounds. At least 30 of which I gained thanks to 3 rounds of prednisone () and the rest from the SAD and CW regarding health (yeah, I loved my oatmeal in the morning) and a very sedentary job (I'm planning on getting out of that--it's completely unsatisfying beyond the sedentary aspect of it). I had a baby at 42, and all of these things happened since then...but I think it's more the SAD/CW catching up, combined with traditional medicine. I have no other health issues---I'm not on any medications. My weight is my only major health concern.

Favorite exercise: walking, weight lifting, stretching, dancing

Favorite Primal food: avocado...wait maybe it's steak. And scrambled eggs made in butter. Yum!

Best part about being Primal: even though I haven't lost much weight yet (I've strayed enough that I think that's why), I feel more energetic, clearheaded, not bloated, and more alive. It's amazing!

Worst part about being Primal: no chocolate chip cookies! (or sweets in general..as in baked goods). I do fine with a little bit of dark chocolate and a little wine, though! That has a luxurious feel to it...much better reward than a sugary baked treat. I've noticed that when I have had a taste of those, they don't appeal to me anymore. So, no more tastes, right?

lexsteeleswang is offline Junior Member
    Hello there people

Your Location: UK

Age - 28

Do you consume dairy - a little double cream in coffee and butter

Do you drink coffee - yep in the morning

Motivator for going primal - after training for years and not really seeing any change thought id give it a go, also like the theories behind it

Favorite exercise: Anything on a TRX, walking, sprints

Favourite Primal food - ground beef chillie, or steak

Best part about being primal: ii have been doing it for 8 weeks now and although i have had a couple of cheats of 1 non primal meal a week, i have already lost 2% body fat and i am staring to feel fitter, i used to have colds all the time but touch wood non yet!

Worst part about being primal - has to be no chocolate hob nobs

Jim T is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: South Carolina
    Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Pretty much 100%

Do you consume dairy: No, but am considering an occasional yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never liked tea, still love coffee. Used to drink it with a lot of creamer and sugar, now just almond milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife tested as diabetic, so we started getting into low-carb. Primal just made so much sense, that we decided to go whole hog, kids (and new puppies) too.

Favorite exercise: Sitting down? I actually like to play basketball, but have a bad knee. We are getting ready to do a lot of swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, bacon, & more. Cauliflower rice, which is amazingly close to regular rice.

Best part about being Primal: Can't stop at just one: Feeling good, looking good, and increased energy. A couple of days ago I was literally hopping, I had so much energy. I don't think I've done that since I was a tween (and that was before they had even coined that term).

Worst part about being Primal: The foods & drinks I love that I have to give up. Beer and pizza especially.