Page 340 of 630 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 6291

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 340

Richard_VA is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Age (If you want): I don't want, but 44

How Primal are you: 100% so far (2 weeks)

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronic itchy skin, fatigue, basic health problems

Favorite exercise: All

Favorite Primal food: Steak strips and eggs; coconut oil stir fried chicken, broccoli, garlic, peppers; cucumbers;

Best part about being Primal: Having tried so many things over the years, I am stunned at how successful this has been, so far.

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to think of anything. If I had to pick, it would be that I am extremely sensitive to even the smallest mistake. So far, there have been two. Tuna fish (which had "vegetable broth" in it). And cheap bacon (was my first foray into bacon since going primal). Paid a price for both, but because I am feeling so full of energy and so good overall, the feeling I got from each stood out like a sore thumb (very itchy, nausea, insta-fatigue etc.).

Debs is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lincolnshire, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 100%, I hope

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup a day (down from 8-10)

Motivator for switching to Primal: At 32 I felt my extending list of ailments needed addressing as a whole rather than treated individually with drugs.

Favorite exercise: Cycling and playing with my dog

Favorite Primal food: Eggs from my hens

Best part about being Primal: I feel great. There are things that have disappeared that I didn't even know were wrong with me - like acid reflux and joint pain - that have just gone. And it's only been a week.

Worst part about being Primal: Oh I do love bread...

essgee23 is offline Junior Member
    hello, new to primal, new to forums...just new

Your location: England, in the middle

Age (If you want):35

How Primal are you: not very, just starting out

Do you consume dairy: yes i do, and will be finding stopping milk consumption tricky

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: overweight, bloating when eat breads, previous vegetarian.

Favorite exercise: swimming and hiking

Favorite Primal food: rib eye steak, looking forward to experimenting with lots of new foods (bone marrow asap)

Best part about being Primal: energy, mess when eating

Worst part about being Primal: living with a veggie that wont allow meat cooking in house :-(

Leanna is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Central Florida

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting healthy

Favorite exercise: I like to go hiking and play soccer.

Favorite Primal food: Turkey

Best part about being Primal: I have only been primal for a month now and I've noticed an increase in energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Wales, UK.

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: As Primal as I can be.....I began my changes on 14th March 2012. My partner has followed me along this path as I am the main chef in the house. My daughter is still a bit funny with what she thinks are new foods.

Do you consume dairy: A little; occasional milk in tea, some cheese on rare occasions.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both in moderation, especially since giving up sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and to lower my LDL.....eeek!!!

Favorite exercise: Deadlift.......I used to powerlift until I got to University.

Favorite Primal food: Turnips. I had no idea they were so amazing!!!

Best part about being Primal: I have lost some weight already and feel fewer aches and pains; torn rotator cuff and sciatica

Worst part about being Primal:
    1. It's very very difficult finding decent quality ingerdients in this part of the UK sometimes.
    2. A stubborn 2 year old who is reluctant to eat new foods. This will change sooner or later though.
    3. Expensive at times....good quality meat is a bit on the expensive side here.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    Hola friends! First post, but have been reading the boards and site for a couple months.

Your location: Current location is Pittsburgh, PA. Just moved here from Charleston, SC. Hoping not to be here too long actually!

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Not as much as I'd like to be. That's why I finally decided to join the forums. Maybe get some accountability going on. I don't exercise as often as I'd like to, and I far-too-often binge like crazy on junk food... pizza and ice cream are my weaknesses... it seems as if I eat even the slightest amount of grains/refined carbs/etc. that cravings for those items will overtake me and I eat ungodly amounts of them. Nevertheless, I am quite skinny and have trouble putting on weight. Years ago I was into bodybuilding and was up to 190+ lbs, but I am back to around 150 or so. I'd like to be around 175 maybe.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, small to moderate amounts of raw milk, and raw cheese at times.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I learned about the Paleo diet a couple years back while searching for natural alleviations for depression. Paleo and Primal seem to coexist if not coincide. My diet, at its best, is raw paleo with dairy. I don't go for the "primal-friendly starches" or dark chocolate. Raw meats and organs, dairy, fruits, and veg. Mostly fermented veggies.

Favorite exercise: Pullups and dips

Favorite Primal food: sashimi! and sauerkraut! and steak!

Best part about being Primal: When I stick to it 100%, the boundless energy and mental clarity, and just the feeling of healthiness and positivity

Worst part about being Primal: Social limitations

well that's the questionnaire! see you around the boards
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Team Oberg is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Alexandria, VA...hit me up if you are a North Virginia hiker!!!

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I do make primal treats, which some people consider "not paleo enough" but in my opinion it is still better than the alternative

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally, butter is the only regular dairy we consume but we will have some yogurt or cheese from time to time

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea, lots of green, mate, hibiscus, and chamomile with the occasional cup of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was holding onto some weight after recovering from an eating disorder, and trying to lose it was pushing me back into disordered eating patterns. Any type of dieting or counting of calories or carbs leads me too obsessing too much. Yet, i couldnt ignore my diet completely because holding on to extra weight annhialated my self esteem. My husband is in the military and they actually suggested a paleo-style eating plan, but I was resistant at first because "whole grains are SO good for you." Anyways, after reading up and doing some research I found it logical and dove in head first and got the body of a fitness model(seriously...that confidence problem is gone!!). On top of the body I wanted I gained strength and energy and happiness

Favorite exercise: Right now it is deadlifts. I weigh 135 and deadlifted 185 yesterday very easily and will be lifting over 200 very soon[insert applause]. I am actually a lover of the powerclean-overhead press combo since it is such a dynamic lift I really get to sweating. I still hate squats though.

Favorite Primal food: Well, read my last post on my journal, I made this chocolate think that is like a fudgey-truffle-melt in your mouth candy bar that is better than sex. Also, I am a huge seafood person.

Best part about being Primal: Everything

Worst part about being Primal: Having to listen to people tell me how unhealthy I am and having to explain myself.
    *I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.*
    Marilyn Monroe

Alphess is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Mississippi

How Primal are you: I just started, but thus far I have maintained 100% primal. It's been easy to maintain so far, but in the long run I see myself being about 80-90%, to allow myself occasional indulgences every other week.

Do you consume dairy: God, yes. I need yogurt in my life, and milk (though in small amounts) is a daily thing. I like cheese a good bit too, but have been cutting down on it and the rest of my dairy to the best of my abilities.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly coffee, but I enjoy some teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Issues with body re-composition, and I certainly know my workouts are not the problem, and have long struggled with sticking to certain eating patterns. Primal just makes sense to me, although it was painful making the decision, as I adore pasta, rice, and potatoes. Primal has so far helped me cut back on mindless grazing, which had been a huge issue.

Favorite exercise: My boxing and jiu jitsu. Dancing is fun as well, and I enjoy running as a whole. I like doing circuit training to, and prefer bodyweight exercises but I am not afraid of weights at all.

Favorite Primal food: Fruit, meat.

Best part about being Primal: I feel "cleaner", and it helps me control my eating habits.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pasta. Dearly.
    "...there was about him a suggestion of lurking ferocity, as though the Wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept." - Jack London, "White Fang"

ZeeGeezer is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sunnyvale CA

Age (If you want): 62 in a month

How Primal are you: 90+% for the first 4 weeks. Except I haven't migrated to grass-finished meat or pastured eggs yet. Need to empty the freezer first. And major sticker shock (I examined the meat case in Whole Foods the other day)!

Do you consume dairy: butter, cream, cheese, full fat yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: oh yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: there's got to be a better way

Favorite exercise: swimming, bicycling. One goal is to do the AIDS Lifecycle ride for a second time.

Favorite Primal food: well, it's not bacon. Probably cheese - double cream gouda or, even better, triple cream brie!

Best part about being Primal: I feel much more lively.

Worst part about being Primal: No more cake. Or cookies. Or pie. Or raspberry jam.

Stats: Male, 6'0", highest-ever weight ~220 (2001); weight Feb 1 2012: 212; starting weight (March 3): 210; current weight (4 weeks in): 200.

No carb flu, no cravings. I can go to Starbuck's now and have no desire for baked goods. Mind you they don't have carmelita bars at the moment

EarthChica is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Denali Park, Alaska

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 98% (I admit to splurging on too much dried fruit and chocolate while on backcountry trips)

Do you consume dairy:Very rare

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: The scientific support behind the Primal/Paleo lifestyle speaks for itself. Besides, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain from eating and living a clean, healthy life =)

Favorite exercise:Splitting enough wood to keep the house from freezing at -40F.

Favorite Primal food:BACON.....and my moose stew!

Best part about being Primal:Feeling and looking healthy!

Worst part about being Primal:Not chowin' down on a BIG plate of nachos with my hubby!