Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 339

cerrahg is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Salt Lake City, UT

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, one small cup in the morning with a little 1/2 and 1/2

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had a baby last spring and was looking for something that I could do to loose the baby weight and keep it off. I started with crossfit and the paleo diet.

Favorite exercise: Going on hikes with the dog and my daughter

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, hard boiled!

Best part about being Primal: Eating all the fruits and vegetables!

Worst part about being Primal: no ice cream

lkstory is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Tacoma, WA

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 50% now, 100% after the next 21 days...

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, mostly black tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: health

Favorite exercise: Tae Kwon Do

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Food is easy and yummy! Bacon!

Worst part about being Primal:Trying to stick with it through cravings. 2. Watching the hubby eating sugar and bread. I'm trying to get him on board next by buying him a "nightstand copy" of The Primal Blueprint.

Bjblue2 is offline Junior Member
    Live: Mb. Canada
    How primal: brand new
    Dairy: yes
    Coffee: yes
    Motivation: Health. Can't beat a good thing
    Favorite exercise: running (but confess I've fallen off track)
    Favorite food: lean burger
    Best part: feeling better
    Worst: fearing falling victim to carbs again

SgtBuffo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I think about 95% ish

Do you consume dairy: No, but I might give it a go in moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never have, but I did drink stupid amounts of diet coke (which, I've now ditched)

Motivator for switching to Primal:Health and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Bacon all the way....... LOVE IT

Best part about being Primal: Already seeing results

Worst part about being Primal: Carb flu

primalpadre is offline Junior Member
    I'm new here, so here we go...

The Questions:

Your location: New Orleans, LA

Age (If you want): Older than dirt, younger than George Clooney

How Primal are you: close to 100%, or at least 80%

Do you consume dairy: a bit of heavy cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: a cuppa joe in the AM

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense to me.

Favorite exercise(s): Walking, swimming. Stretching.

Favorite Primal food: Filet Mignon with Bearnaise

Best part about being Primal: Again, it makes sense to me.

Worst part about being Primal: It doesn't make sense to a lof of other people.

kathytnt is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Texas - I live in a Suburb of Dallas. I will be attending the Primal Workshop on Thursday this week

Age (If you want): the big 50 and proud of it!!

How Primal are you: I am newbie primal. I have been researching all the Paleo books and the Primal Blueprint seems to find my needs and be a sustainable program for me. During my research I even ran into Ray Audette, author of Neanderthin. Seemed like a sign!

Do you consume dairy: I love my dairy but I am toning it down. I have to supplement and will explain more about that later.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No but I do like my caffeine!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several of my friends were trying it and having great results. I have tried programs like Atkins but it is rough on the digestion for me aka constipation etc. I like the emphasis of fruits and veggies and natural foods less fake sugars etc.

Favorite exercise: I like kickboxing, kettlebells etc. I would love to try crossfit but since I used to be morbidly obese ( I have already lost 130 lbs) I have knee damage and it scares me a bit!

Favorite Primal food: Pork

Best part about being Primal: Energy and reduction of carb cravings

Worst part about being Primal: Reducing my cheese! Sometimes trying to figure out what to eat since my hubby is not on board with the program yet.

angekfire is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ottawa, Canada

How Primal are you: I'm not at the moment. Mostly curious, and hoping to convert.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though I've switched to Almond Milk for the most part. Only drink milk in coffee. Lots of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose more weight, and after reading a lot of the articles here and seeing how the philosophy makes sense to me, and how the drawbacks of carbs also make sense to me, it is something I want to explore.

Favorite exercise: Martial Arts or Kickboxing.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: I assume eating lots of meat is pretty awesome.

Worst part about being Primal: I do rather like pasta & pizza, so I might miss that. Though upon discovering spaghetti squash I am not so sure. Was never fond of potatoes or bread anyway.

Your location: Alaska

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: just learning, maybe 75%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, going to try bulletproof coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal: started out 12 weeks ago giving up wheat and sugar for inflammation/arthritis issues, then went fully LC, added IF a couple of weeks ago. This is my favorite new site, primal makes a lot of sense to me. There was a hailstorm during my wedding and a major 6.7 earthquake during one of my contractions when my daughter was born. I've had a primal lifestyle for most of my adult life: hunting for meat and harvesting berries, cutting wood for heat, etc. Oh, and I need to lose at least 60 pounds. 26 pounds down in the last 12 weeks!

Favorite exercise: biking, I could still bike even when I could no longer walk or sleep due to OA pain.

Favorite Primal food: coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: eating more fruits and veggies than LC allows

Worst part about being Primal: I really miss Irish Cream in my coffee and good beer.

ECgoesPB is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Los Angeles

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just started last week - Diet 75%, Exercise - 90%

Do you consume dairy: Occassionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Burnout from excessive chronic cardio (marathons, ultra marathons, ironman) over 6 years.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: Re-introducing myself to foods that have been "off limits" in my head: butter, coconut, avocado, meat ... all the good stuff!

Worst part about being Primal: Fighting my own broken record/bad conventional wisdom mantras like "you don't have to run for 60mins today" or "don't eat bacon, it is so fattening."

Primalkimmer is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bellingham, WA

How primal are you?: Just beginning. Went off wheat in August, and all grains and starches in October. Then stumbled onto this website sometime in November. Didn't know what to do but read enough to know I would feel better lo-carb and grain-free.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, but not hooked. Dropped cheese consumption to 2 ounces daily. Use butter at times for cooking, but have switched to coconut oil and coconut cream this last month and don't miss the dairy. Cook and ferment as the Weston A Price Foundation recommends, so some fermented dairy now and then.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Once or twice a month

Motivator for switching to primal: Saw a picture of Mark's wife (all excuses gone - she looks fabulous:-). And even though I went grain and sugar free and started eating traditional foods (all grass-fed and pastured meats and eggs as well), I've lost very little weight, so I need more info and a plan to follow. I like what I've been reading here on this blog over the past couple months, and I like the community comments. Thought I would get focused now and kick out the things that are stymieing me.

Favorite exercise: shooting hoops and chasing the ball - lol

Favorite Primal food: Saturated Fat! Yay!

Best part about being Primal: The food is sooooo soothing. I should never have been low fat and high carb all these years. I can think again!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Slow weight lose and trying to figure out why. I'm blowing it somewhere. But here's to the journey!