Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 338

deeter is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: CT

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Just started reading the book and online post

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, diet soda

Motivator for switching to Primal: I never can keep the weight off; I gain it back over a couple of years after the diet.

Favorite exercise: Skiing and hiking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: hoping more energy and no weight gain over time

Worst part about being Primal: No peanuts, love peanut butter and saltines!

merilys is offline Junior Member
    Hey all! I've been lurking on MDA for about 3 months now, and finally decided to dive in...

Your location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: About 60% right now, and working to improve.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Cheese, yogurt and milk in my coffee. Trying to be moderate about my consumption though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf coffee and herbal tea. I work really hard to keep my caffeine consumption very low.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Maintenance of 150 lb weight loss through a medical diet, health, discovery of food allergies, and desire to minimize/moderate hunger. Before shifting in a Primal direction, I would turn into a monster every 3 hours if I hadn't eaten, and I couldn't figure out why. Now that I'm more Primal, I can go 4-5 hours without getting super hungry, and sometimes even longer. And best of all, when I do get hungry, it's more of a gentle tap on the shoulder than a sledgehammer across the head.

Favorite exercise: Running, Bikram yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Always steak.

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling hungry all the time, and not feeling like my body is broken for feeling hungry all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Fighting the sugar and wheat addictions, as well as the social implications of not eating what "everyone else" eats.

Your location:Southern California

Age (If you want):27

How Primal are you:Pretty primal, and working my way to being primal for life!

Do you consume dairy:yes (butter, greek yogurt, sour cream, Hwc, and some cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup in the morning

Motivator for staying primal:to be healthy and happy

Favorite exercise:walking at the moment. Incorporating heavy lifting. I am new to this and very overweight so i am working my way towards the more fun stuff.

Favorite Primal food:My veggie/meat/creamcheese scramble

Best part about being Primal:Knowing that for the rest of my life i will be healthy

Worst part about being Primal:When sharing with people this truly amazing life style, them having an open mind to the possibilities because of CW.

Bluenana is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you? I'm just getting started, I'm familiar with Sally Fallon and Weston A Price. I've been trying to incorporate what I've learned from those sources as much as possible for the last few years. I have ordered four Primal Blueprint books but they haven't arrived yet.

do you consume dairy? Yes, raw dairy when available

Do you drink coffee or tea? Yes, unsweetened coffee and iced unsweetened tea

Motivator for switching to Primal? Encouragement of family members and the reasonableness of the idea.

favorite exercise Do you mean what I do, or what I would like to do? what I do: housework, cooking, a little gardening, a little walking what I would like to do: play with grandchildren - swing, play catch, climb on jungle gym, swim, roll down a grassy hill, walk on the beach

favorite primal food: Pecans

worst part about being Primal: It seems that homemade baked goods are "bad guys"

Chrisdevalnor is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you: as fully as possible: i must have more physical activity and go to sleep sooner!

Do you consume dairy: butter, cottage cheese, milk in my coffee, full cream with vegetables occasionnally

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and health. I always have been chubby, but since i quit smocking 3 years ago and had some thyroid troubles, i gained 28 pounds and nearly became diabetic! With a stressful and static way of life, i felt in a catastrophic shape... I am primal since nearly 3 weeks, dropped 10 pounds and feel a little better.

Favorite exercise: bicycle

Favorite Primal food: nuts!

Best part about being Primal: food is delicious!

Worst part about being Primal: food is much more expensive

Mark Kass is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Northern California
    Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: fairly primal

Do you consume dairy: small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: small amounts of one or the other daily

motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose that last nagging 20 lbs and have more energy

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: simplifying my diet

Worst part about being Primal: simplifying my diet

wrigleyrose is offline Junior Member
    Your location: American living in Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: I'm not sure.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diagnosis with auto-immune disease, feel like crap every time I eat food! I basically feel best when I'm starving.

Favorite exercise: Yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Cashew milk.

Best part about being Primal: I'm starting to feel better already.

Worst part about being Primal: Other people's opinions and the myriad limitations of my doctors!

cdnmsfit is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 39 (trying not to freak out about that)

How Primal are you: I don a loin cloth.. just kidding! I try, I fail, I try, I fail.. so it depends on the day you're asking.. it's why I'm here.. need to focus on consistence.

Do you consume dairy: YES!

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have an incredibly unhealthy relationship with sugar.

Favorite exercise: Step aerobics (which is a funny thing to say since I haven't been to a class in almost a year as I run a lot and do crossfit now).

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: Not getting hungry

Worst part about being Primal: I guess the comments from others..

carment872 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I would consider myself all in, but since I am new I am going to commit to 60%. Everyday I learn something new that I should or shouldn't be doing.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - butter and cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both. Coffee is a must right now for me. I cannot give up EVERYTHING I love just yet. It might be a goal in the future for me, but for right now I cannot go without a cup in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been stuck at a weight for the last 3 years of my life. I may have dropped 10 lbs here or there by taking some unhealthy pill I ordered online to "control" my appetite, but other than killing my brain cells by popping a pill or starving myself, I want to find a lifestyle that allows me to feel great, look great, and ultimately see the end results.

Favorite exercise: Lateral Shuffle... anything that gets my heart rate up in 30 seconds and makes me sweat.

Favorite Primal food: Red meat... LAMB.

Best part about being Primal: Explaining to people around you why you have chosen to take the leap. My friends and boyfriend have no clue why I would want to give up such so-called "great" tasting foods. Once I get over the beginner hump, I think they will eventually see for themselves why I chose this lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: NO PIZZA... but when anyone finds a pizza diet that works, please notify me immediately!!

ricorama is offline Junior Member
    Hi everybody!

Your location: Argentina

How Primal are you: I don't know

Do you consume dairy: Some 50 cm3 of milk in my coffee every breakfast

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, tea... and mate

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss/getting fit

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Red meat. Roasted. (Asado)

Best part about being Primal: Knowing what food is good and what is bad for me

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing what food is good and what is bad for me