Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 336

renkathebrave is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Anchorage, AK

Age (If you want): almost 33

How Primal are you: newbie, but am good with limiting carbs

Do you consume dairy: yes, but waning

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee...yes. In mass quantities. I teach first grade, and, like sharks, they smell weakness.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My boyfriend is Primal and turned me on to the lifestyle. I don't eat white sugars/white carbs usually, but the no-grains is new to me

Favorite exercise: Can I say sex?

Favorite Primal food: Fajitas with beef and peppers

Best part about being Primal: not having to count calories, points, etc.

Worst part about being Primal: Eschewing all bread, etc. And the price of quality meat is higher than cheap carbs. I know the long-term goal is less consumption overall, so I'm happy about that.

MollyGolightly is offline Junior Member
    Hendersonville, NC
    Decently Primal: Primal Diet (minimal cravings so it's really easy for me), No alarm clock, cook three meals most days, 2 weeks into no-poo, no soap unless actually dirty, no face soap for 4 weeks, barefoot runner, TRX lover, hiker and house remodeler.

Pastured butter only for dairy

Coffee: Bulletproof with 100% organic dark chocolate
    Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    and iced green tea

Motivator: Weightloss, Migraines, Acid reflux, feeling like $#!%

Exercise: TRX and Running(for fun not chronic cardio), Aikido

Fav Food: My versions of Thai Beef Salad and Raspberry Sorbet

Best Part: Post Meal High and not feeling like $#!%

Worst: Not having friends who Grok it.

Irishmom is offline Junior Member
    Good Morning all,

Been a long time since I was on a regular message board. Hope I'm doing this right!

Your location: Maryland, USA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Just getting started, but I'd say I'm about 2/3s the way there.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some. Mostly in the form of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both. I usually have one coffee in the morning and occassionally and iced-tea during the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm overweight, and have been struggling to lose this weight for about 10 years. My husband began the Primal switch about 6 months ago and has lost 40lbs and is feeling great. Now, I'm trying to catch up!

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Definately Steak, and eggs also.

Best part about being Primal: So far, I'm feeling better overall. That is worth it for me.

Worst part about being Primal: Learning to un-learn all my previous nutrional information.
    ~The world is round, and the place which may seem like the end, may also be only the beginning. ~Ivy Baker

Here for the journey.

Icepyk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I am four days Primal, I bought the cookbook and have made many of the recipes. I am 99% Primal and 1% of a french-fry stealer.

Do you consume dairy: Yes- just the stuff in the book

Do you drink coffee or tea: Here and there. I bought some Xylitol to sweeten the coffee, but I rarely drink it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthy, lose weight and fit into my wedding dress.

Favorite exercise: kayaking

Favorite Primal food: Grok Rocks

Best part about being Primal: knowing that I am not falling for a bunch of bunk and eating garbage

Worst part about being Primal: *sigh*....missing mashed potatoes.....

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Hello all,

I'm new here so I thought I would have a go at the questions:

Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: I'm still pretty new but I'd say about 90%

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink coffee, never have, I do drink Green Tea and Peppermint Tea everyday and occasionally other herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been tweaking my diet for about a year, trying to figure out what is best for my extremely sensitive stomach. I had already cut out dairy and processed foods before discovering Primal, but taking out grain has been a miracle!

Favorite exercise: I love lifting weights and I love Yoga and I LOVE to dance

Favorite Primal food: I adore leafy greens (love me some spinach and kale)

Best part about being Primal: The way my body has responded, my stomach loves me!

Worst part about being Primal: That beer is made out of grain.....

MerryRobyn is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Arizona, USA

Age (If you want): Husband 56 and wife 40

How Primal are you: We have heard about Wheat belly, Good cholesterol/bad cholesterol and have cut back on carbs in our diet.

Do you consume dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea winter nights or for illness. Otherwise only water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Husband recently diagnose with CLL & diabetes I (pancreas damaged from the chemo) and wife has PCOS.

Favorite exercise: Walking my dog 30 - 60 minutes daily. Both need to add weight training. Husband is exhausted and sleeps a lot. Never enough good quality sleep.

Favorite Primal food: Permission to eat meat

Best part about being Primal: I feel better when I eat meat and veggies, less problems with blood sugar

Worst part about being Primal: He misses his potatoes and pasta, we both eat too much sweets

Lovelyann is offline Junior Member
    Hello & Hola!

I live in Clarksville Tennesse. My name it's Emilia and I am 39 years old. As now Im in Chapter 3 of The Primal Blueprint" I believe i have a long way to go to become all Primal! Being Latin our culture its fill with grains and fried food! But we also consume a lot of roots, fruits and greens. I do eat dairy, milk and addictive to cheese! Yes I know a long way to go... I drink to cup of coffe a day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I dont like tea! For a while i wanted to find something that would fullfill my life, enhancing my good habits and putting to rest my bad one. I dont do drugs, smoke or drink; but i do over eat when im stress or sad. As Im getting older i want to change my life to be more healthy and live longer to see my grandkids. But before that my kids are at a perfect age for me to enjoying the out doors and be more active. My favorite excercise it is rope jump. My favorite Primal food it is meat. The best part about primal its all the fact about the things im eating now, how things supposed to be good but they are not. The book was very complicated; i wish i could have the history and all the fact in one side and a simple explainaition on what to do; and also i will hate give up my rice.
    I also have to add that im very new, Im still reading the book. The little I now its from my friends but i have seeing the results in every aspect of their life and Im willing to do what it takes to feel free, energize and free of sickness.

aspencer15 is offline Junior Member
    Hi All! Long time lurker, first time poster (well, second time I guess). I don't recall where I first came across the primal/paleo lifestyle, but it's been a long time in the making. I've been primal-ish for quite some time and am getting ready to dive in head first!

Your location: Seattle, WA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 50/50...and my way to 90/10

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but am considering cutting it out (or at least cutting waaaaay down)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being sick and tired (and overweight). I am ready to feel strong and healthy. Plus, I have a huge family history of cancer. I refuse to make it that easy

Favorite exercise: squats...and yoga

Favorite Primal food: beef- I could eat steak every day of the week

Best part about being Primal: not feeling like I need to eat constantly

Worst part about being Primal: I have 29 years of bad habits that pretty much go against everything primal

Thanks for reading all! I am really looking forward to being part of this community!

GrokyBalboa is offline Junior Member
    Your location:South Louisiana (hour outside of New Orleans)

Age (If you want):32

How Primal are you:3 days in

Do you consume dairy:normal dairy junkie. I have given it up.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes and yes but mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:Recommendation from a friend. I was always a carb addict and it had kept extra weight on me and has cause inflammation in my body. I need to lose 30 pounds of extra weight for my knees because I am so active.

Favorite exercise:biking and snowboarding

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal:I just started but already love not feeling bloated from starchy foods. And I love being able to eat the things I gave up for a long time because they've been demonized like animal fats.

Worst part about being Primal:No pasta!

I'm attempting to be primal in probably the hardest part of America. Down here we love great food. Lots of rice, bread, pasta, and beer. But I don't want to be another overweight slob from South Louisiana who is on 10 different prescription drugs by the time I'm 45. I want to be different. I want to be a lean mean primal machine. I look forward to being a part of this tight knit community.

rikstah is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Monterey, California

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Going on week #2 now. I pretty much cut it all out. Before all this I was eating brown rice with lunch and dinner and multi-grain toast for breakfast.

Do you consume dairy: I use to when I ate cereal, but I completely cut it all out when I started.

Do you drink coffee or tea:I had already cut these out before going primal.

Motivator for switching to Primal:Get in better shape and wanted to feel good.

Favorite exercise: Walking/hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Its easy.

Worst part about being Primal: Finding people in my area who are also primal.