Page 334 of 621 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 334

nickd is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Name: Nick

How Primal? : Mostly I think, everything but barefoot

Do I consume dairy? Yes, a little cheese and a dap of milk in coffee

Do I drink coffee: Yes, lots of "alkaline healthy coffee" ( it has a ganoderma mushroom in it that makes it great)

Motivator for switching to Primal: As my understanding of diet evolves it seems only logical and right and makes sense , plus I look and feel great

Favorite exercise: Play days Kayaking and Mountain Biking

Favorite primal food: EGGS

Best part about being Primal: I'm in better shape than I was when I was 23 and a rodeo bronc rider

Worst part about being Primal: My wife hates it when I try to drag her by the hair and swing my club at her

ScorpioVI is offline Junior Member
    Name: Alan

Your location: San Jose, CA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 70% and working into it slowly.

Do you consume dairy: I indulge in real cheese from time to time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in very diluted amounts, iced with a dash of Stevia.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to lose weight, avoid health complications.

Favorite exercise: Walking/hiking, lots of it.

Favorite Primal food: Paleo Pot Roast

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight, feeling good, stable energy levels.

Worst part about being Primal: It ruined me for foods that I used to love (pizza, burgers). Even on my cheat days I can't bring myself to grab a slice or hit the drive-thru.

ElishaJBaker is offline Junior Member
    Your location: For now, Laguna Beach, Southern California. England next year. Back to the Pacific Northwest eventually. Grew up in Hawaii, Indonesia, Hong Kong, England, and Mozambique.

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Pretty frakkin' primal, except I've been fighting off a ferocious diet coke addiction that's been going on for years. Not good. It's going well this month...

Do you consume dairy: Occasional small doses of cheese at restaurants.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. Never acquired the taste.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm an anthropology student. That's all it took for me.

Favorite exercise: BJJ. Actually I hate most other exercise.

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Really copious consumption of beef

Worst part about being Primal: I got nothing, honestly

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Hi! Just swinging by.

Your location: NSW, Australia

Age (If you want):41

How Primal are you: Pretty... all my foods are primal but my beverages are not.

Do you consume dairy:Yes, a little.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes - one or two cups of really, really good coffee a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sustainable healthy eating...

Favorite exercise:So far, kettle bell swings (My leg's broken so I can't do much)

Favorite Primal food: Lamb, or steak... oh oh, maybe fish... no, ok, eggs, love eggs... damn.

Best part about being Primal:The FAT!! I freaking LOVE THE FATS!!!!

Worst part about being Primal:Uh, haven't found one yet.

birthdance is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

Your location: Victoria, Australia

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Fairly - I've been primal to varying degrees for a bit over a year. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and have slipped a bit during my first trimester and given in to a few rice pudding cravings and have eaten a bit of honey, but the last three weeks I've been fairly committed.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I've come from a WAPF background and can't give it up!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only herbal right now as I'm pregnant, but I do drink tea usually.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It was a gradual progression from WAPF to cutting out gluten, to cutting out sugar, then the grains, legumes and pulses. I was trying to lose some weight from my second pregnancy (which worked!) and wanted to get rid of the constant bloated feeling I had.

Favorite exercise: Dancing.

Favorite Primal food: Double cream.

Best part about being Primal: I no longer feel bloated every time I eat!

Worst part about being Primal: Going to parties where there's nothing I can eat.

ilanatree is offline Junior Member
    About ten days ago I'd been reading weightlifting and other fitness blogs, and heard a lot of people talking about eating paleo or primal and thought they were crazy diet evangelists. Whole grains are healthy! I thought. Giving up my whole wheat flax pita? Never! But then I found nerfitness and then this site, and I figured, I'll give it a shot. For a week. That week ends tomorrow, but I decided two days in that I'd extend it to a month. This will probably be a permanent thing, as I don't feel deprived and I swear I'm noticing some positive differences already!

Your location: Toronto, Canada

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Ish? I eat less meat and more soy than Mark would probably like, but I don't really have a choice in that (my roommate keeps strictly kosher and we have a dairy kitchen. So I'm mostly veggie still and depend on tofu for a lot of my protein). I'm grain- and sugar-free, though, except for occasional steel-cut oats or quinoa. And I do eat legumes.

Do you consume dairy: Yes! Mostly Greek yogourt. And whole milk or half and half in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lots of coffee (with milk and splenda) and unsweetened/milk-less green and black tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose body fat and see muscle definition I've gained since starting lifting. Also, just to experiment.

Favorite exercise: Walking, commuting by bike (it's finally almost warm enough!), and lifting weights. I want to take an olympic weightlifting class someday when I can afford it.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, salmon, scrambled eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feeling healthy

Worst part about being Primal: I miss these Chinese pastries (red bean and sesame) I used to get after work

Tess is offline Member
    Your location: East Tennessee

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Very little, in the form of butter or hard cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, once a week maybe. Unsweetened iced black tea probably 3-5 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: I found out I'm sensitive to grains (and this week have discovered that liquid milk doesn't digest properly either.)

Favorite exercise: Walking, bodyweight strength exercises and kettlebell swings and Turkish Getups (loaded or no)

Favorite Primal food: Beef. I've always loved beef, to the point of having a candle-studded roast rather than a birthday cake a few times as a teen!

Best part about being Primal: No longer feeling weird about eating meat, fruit, veg and not much of anything else. I now have PEOPLE!! :-D

Worst part about being Primal: Other family members who don't want to eat this way and think beans, pasta and whole wheat bread are the best way to go. Primal doesn't mesh well with the traditional Appalachian "Taters, maters, beans and cornbread" default WOE!

Stella1964 is offline Junior Member
    Hello, just finished PB books this weekend and am pumped to get started on this way of living. Makes perfect sense to me! I have been following the Atkins program for about a year but am ready to try to dump grains and packaged foods for good. Being Hypothyroid has presented many weight loss challenges for me.

Here are my stats:

Canadian Female, age 47
    Current Weight: 209 lbs (was 235)
    Height: 5'4"
    Activity: fairly sedentary due to desk job and weight that, um, weighs me down, but I do try to horseback ride from time to time, I like to garden vegetables, sew unique crafts, woodworking, and maybe some day I'll enjoy cooking again when food isn't my enemy.

My motivations: long healthy life, want to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! (at least 50-60 more lbs), get strong again, eliminate back pain, fit into roller coaster and airplane seats, not be held captive by food, have confidence to wear shorts and maybe even a bathing suit in public without fear of being harpooned, be an active participant to my husband, kids, and pets, and find out what a clear complexion looks like so I can drop the makeup routine that really doesn't cover anything.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member

Hello from NZ

Your location:Taranaki, New Zealand

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you:Learner aiming for 80/20

Do you consume dairy:Yes - I'm from NZ

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:Started a new job in December and found that I don't have as much time for excercising as i used to. The weight has started creeping on, so I needed to do something now before it got out of control. I didn't have the energy to do weight watchers for a fourth time.

Favorite exercise:Cycling

Favorite Primal food:Seafood - Kaimoana

Best part about being Primal:Hopefully loosing weight while still enjoying some seriously yummy food.

Worst part about being Primal: Everyone thinks its slightly weird and a 'fad'.

matyj is offline Junior Member

Aussieboy22

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

How Primal are you: About 80% at the moment, i've only just started living primal.

Do you consume dairy: Hardly ever.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea about twice a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Change of lifestyle and weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts.

Favorite Primal food: A juicy kangaroo steak!

Best part about being Primal: The look on people faces when they realise its possible to live without wheat and processed food.

Worst part about being Primal: Having people tell me that its unhealthy to not eat wheat. Hear that one about twice a day