Page 332 of 601 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6007

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 332

Simpleart is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: NW Indiana, not far from Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: My first month

Do you consume dairy: Not if I can help it! Did buy some grass-fed bison brats that contained cheese, but I didn't realize it until after I purchased them.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee all the way.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was worried about my blood sugar. I had gestation diabetes with my last pregnancy 3 years ago, and would randomly check my blood sugar. Usually they ran 100-110, and one morning I woke up and my fasting blood sugar was 157. That scared me into low carb. I bought LeAnne Ely's saving dinner the low carb way, and read she was starting to live "Paleo. " I researched what that meant, and bough Mark's 21-day book. Now I'm reading all I can, and doing my best to live "Paleo, " and trying to include better food choices for my 2 boys and husband.

Favorite exercise: Walking, dancing, steping on an old aerobic step to music.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Improved concentration and not worrying about my blood sugar.

Worst part about being Primal: Church gatherings or other social gatherings, and turning down food without seeming "rude."

Scott Brown is offline Junior Member
    The Questions

Your location: Live in Long Island, Work in Manhattan Financial District

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Began 3/10/2012

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of black coffee most days

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing weight (Currently 212), Gaining energy

Favorite exercises: Tennis & Volleyball

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Having bacon & eggs most mornings

Worst part about being Primal: No Bread/Rice

DUDU is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Nigeria

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: Picture Brand new babe..."Wailing"!

Do you consume dairy: I like Unsalted Butter and that's it...but I consume loads of that..so makes up for staying away from milk and all the rest. I take abt half a teaspoon in my tea otherwise I get neaseous but that if I get some lime I really prefer that

Do you drink coffee or tea: Loads and Loads and Loads

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose 30KG and just live better

Favorite exercise: Errrrrrr....None

Favorite Primal food: I like Fish...SUre I'll do loads of that. DOnt mind a good chicken or Meat
    steak either
    Best part about being Primal: A Better Healthier life

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up fresh bread! Need Loads of help with that.

rccrsphil is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Kansas City, MO

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 5.5 weeks in

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to prove to myself and family that I could turn things around and get healthy at the same time motivating them to better themselves health wise.

Favorite exercise: Sandbag resistance, jogging, walking, cycling.

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Stable energy throughout the day! Weight loss is great too

Worst part about being Primal: Watching those you love continuing down the SAD/CW path.

Ilythia is offline Member
    Your location:UK

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just starting out, finding it easy at home but tricky when visiting friends & family.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, at the moment.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black tea daily & fresh coffee only in coffee shops/restaurants.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My dad is really ill - angina, heart attacks, type II diabetes all before 50 and valve replacement before 55. I don't want that to be me or my daughters.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, long walks outdoors.

Favorite Primal food: Probably fish, salmon.

Best part about being Primal: it's very freeing not having to look at the fat content of food and worry about deleopung heart problems. Living like this makes sense & fits with other aspects of how we live.

Worst part about being Primal: Having family think I'm crazy for cutting out sugar & grains. That they think I'm being cruel by depriving my children of "treats" and that they ignore my wishes & feed them junk anyway.

harambur is offline Member
    Your location: Mostly live in Cali and Colombia but I spend two weeks every 2 months in Tampa, FL.

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 90? I am adopting this lifestyle but I am not one to obessess about all the technical details. Sufficient to say I will add more fat to my diet, the good kind, keep eating the veggies and fruits I always ate, and cut out the grains, legumes, and dairy. Gave up soda years ago and never looked back. Never crave soda or sweets. My weakness has always been bread. all kinds of bread just taste delicious to me. But so far cutting the carbs out has eased the cravings for bread.

Do you consume dairy: Not any more.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee mostly, sometimes go on Tea sprees.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Further improve my health.

Favorite exercise: Running. It's just so easy to do. A pair of shoes and hit the road jack.

Favorite Primal food: Salads with Avocado and any kind of meat or fish.

Best part about being Primal: You never feel insanely full and bloated.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to be vigilant about every thing you buy at the supermarket. In a perfect world you would never have to read labels or understand what local organic is vs remote organic. Grain fed vs grass fed.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm 41, got introduced to low carb/high protein in May of 1996 through a book called The Zone. Did IF junk food/low calories in late 90s- scavenging/survival, when I got on my feet switched to blood type O diet which is primal.
    Ten years semi primal, added red meat back 7 years or so ago- didn't eat much meat in 80s or 90s. In the 90s I dabbled with veganism and macrobiotics- at the end of the decade celiac showed up and I realized I needed to eat protein as a main food and not eat grains or dairy.

I'm a native Texan & German. As my blog says, my background includes dance as a child and a lot of aerobics classes as a teen. I have 25 years of experience.

Crofter is offline Member
    Your location: Isle of Lewis, Scotland

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: I do eat Dairy. Full fat milk, cheese and yogurt from our 2 milking goats. Otherwise I'm pretty good at avoiding all grains etc. Do occasionally have peas as a vegetable.

Do you consume dairy: Yep!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea mostly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had a Heart Attack on Boxing Day! No cardio-vascular disease, and they don't really know what happened but it certainly wakes you up a bit.

Favorite exercise:Walking

Favorite Primal food: Has to be home grown beef.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling so much better every day, lower Blood pressure too.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss desserts, just not enough to eat them.

I'm pretty new to this, but lucky enough to have a neighbor who has been Paleo/Primal for a year or so. He's been a great help and pointed me at the right web sites and books. Thanks Paul!

Primal Joyce is offline Junior Member
    I'm a newbie, so still getting into the whole Primal lifestyle, but I will play along. I think it would be interesting to answer these questions again in about 6 months and see what changes come about.

Your location: Ottawa, Ontario

Age (If you want): Big 5-0

How Primal are you: Probably about 75%. I have not sourced organic or grass-fed meat, and we still use bottled salad dressings (small amounts), but have cut the grain products and sugar almost to zero. Oh, and no more soda, diet or otherwise.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I have a life-long love of cheese. However, I have cut back drastically.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Every damn day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss

Favorite exercise: Dunno yet

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!!

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I have finally found a positive, healthy lifestyle that is sustainable

Worst part about being Primal: Obsessing about food (what to eat). Hoping this will diminish over time.
    "And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!"

manthopoulos is offline Junior Member

Halfway Primal

Your location: Boston, MA

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Maybe 60% - still hard to get family on board. I'm probably 80% gluten-free, though.

Do you consume dairy: God, yes. Can't help myself. But now I get better cheese and raw milk. That's something, at least.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Absolutely. Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health - longtime hyperthyroidism.

Favorite exercise: Walking, yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Silly question.

Best part about being Primal: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. And I can eat bacon.

Worst part about being Primal: Desserts! Especially because I'm pretty good with flour & yeast. Sigh.