Page 331 of 621 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381431 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 331

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Location, Scotland

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you:depends on how my days gone so far Just found this site recently & it messhes with some recent changes I had already started making so.. hmm 75% maybe?

Do you consume dairy:A small amount, mostly Locally cheese from the farm up the road, homemade kefir.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Ocasionally green or herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improved health & weight loss/balance

Favorite exercise:Hiking with the dogs (Thats one of them in my avitar)

Favorite Primal food: Ill never turn down a Nice med rare ribeye

Best part about being Primal:I now have a legit exscuse to run around barefoot looking like a crazy woman (not that it stopped me before)

Worst part about being Primal:~No mastadons to hunt around here...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

GirlGonePrimal is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Austin, TX (I know, you're jealous)
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    Fairly primal. I have been a high protein, whole food eater for a long time but I'm having a hard time giving up grains.

Do you consume dairy:
    A wee bit. I'm lactose intolerant.
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Coffee with coconut milk creamer.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Fat around my mid-section.
    Favorite exercise:
    Deal Lift and sprinting
    Favorite Primal food:
    Beef. Brisket, NY strip, pot roast, ground sirloin. I love it all.
    Best part about being Primal:
    Never feeling hungry.
    Worst part about being Primal:
    The tortillas at Chuy's are off-limits.

GirlGonePrimal is offline Junior Member
    I have gained weight too. Do you have any clue why you've gained?
    Erin

BCBev is offline Junior Member

Hold On!

Quote Originally Posted by glossy View Post
    The rest I can't answer yet. All I can say is, I'm here to learn and get help. I feel awful and I'm tired of feeling hungry or stuffed beyond comfort. I'm obsessed with food and completely addicted to grains and sweets. I have no energy and I don't know what the answer is just yet. I think I may have a bit of an idea though.
    You are definitely on the right path. I have some of my Mom's addictions but to nowhere near the same extent. I am Celiac but I get insane cravings for the very foods that hurt me. It took about ten days of no grains - not even quinoa - but I have found some relief. Hang in there!

Cally lynn is offline Junior Member

Post im not sure how to do this or ' introduce' myself.

I am a 21 yr old female who is behen seeking and seeking desperate help! I
    have many health problems but just lately this obserd new 'condition' no one can
    Diagnose is tearing my life apart. I have been struggleing for a lil over a year now with
    Very strange thing. I will be going about my daily activities and day and suddenly my
    Whole stomach will stretch and distend unexplainably huge and big. It will be hard as a rock and
    Seriously look 8 months preg. And ready to deliever. It is very painful uncomfortable hard
    To breathe lay down or sit. It is so painful and no one can find out what is wrong. I have so
    Many pictures of it and it is just soo strange. I am so concerned if i will ever live a normal life again
    I am on my last string and i am so lost in what to do.

rosaphile is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chapel Hill, NC

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Just starting out, so not very. I have ditched grains and beans and most sugar. I do still indulge in a Chipotle margarita every couple of weeks with my salad bol, and I expect there will always be occasional "cheats," but I'm okay with that at this point. I haven't made many lifestyle changes yet other than the way of eating.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - whole milk yogurt and sour cream (homemade, fermented 24 hours), full-fat cheeses, heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee daily, tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Partly for continuing weight loss, mostly because it makes sense for health

Favorite exercise: Casual hiking

Favorite Primal food: Spinach and eggs - both separately and together

Best part about being Primal: Eating real food and feeling good!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to get my picky kids to make the switch

After attempting (and failing) weight loss numerous times via Conventional Wisdom, I started doing Atkins Induction in December, quickly transitioning to a less structured low-carb approach. I found I was uncomfortable with the various chemical concoctions that the conventional low-carber tends to view as food, and started working towards a whole-food approach. In recent weeks, my husband and I discovered Mark Sisson, his blog, and his books, and we've committed to a lot more changes. I've lost almost 40 pounds since December, with about 70 pounds more to lose, and I'm really looking forward to being fit, lean and healthy for the first time in my adult life.

~Lori

dixie13 is offline Junior Member
    Hi peoples! Just thought I'd come in here as instructed and intro myself, and the questions post above seems to be a good way to do it. We currently are house sitting in Mexico for four months and then we'll move on, maybe to the Yucatan, hopefully to another shorter-term house sit. Then we'll move on to Belize or Guatemala, working our way through Central America and then South America and beyond. We're suddenly in a great place for fresh, local foods from the markets. Still not real sure of the meats here. Chickens here are really yellow, like they're dipped in yellow! Could be that the US chickens are bleached or something too - I wouldn't put it past them. Lost 10 pounds in the 3 weeks here before I was diagnosed with diabetes - a total surprise. Lost 5 more pounds since diagnosis a week ago and starting to go primal. So here are my answers to the questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post

The Questions:

Your location: Chapala, Jalisco, MX

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream in coffee, a little butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but cutting down from a pot or more a day to 2-4 cups a day so far.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Interested for a while, but not taking a lot of action, been kind of low carb for quite some time with bouts of really low carb. Just diagnosed with "very poorly controlled" diabetes with HBA1C number of 10.7. Time to take drastic action!

Favorite exercise: Jazzercise (cardio+light weights, floor) 3x week, but have moved away from my class in US to Mexico, so now I sprint up the hill next to the house and walk down 3 times with a goal of more, up to 8 times. Some planks and push-ups.

Favorite Primal food: Fresh avocados

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet - getting healthy!

Worst part about being Primal: No more ice cream, cookies, cake, toast and a lot less red wine
    Looking forward to more energy (though I didn't think I was all that lacking in energy, really; just "normal"), more weight loss (lost 15 and need to lose about 35-40 more pounds, I think), and learning to cook the strange veggies I'm finding here in MX!

rosaphile is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie13 View Post
    Chickens here are really yellow, like they're dipped in yellow! Could be that the US chickens are bleached or something too - I wouldn't put it past them.
    I actually know what this is! Different breeds of chicken have different color skin (just like they have different color eggs - white, every shade of brown, even blue). In the U.S. the preference is for chickens with white skin, while in Europe - and apparently in Mexico as well! - the yellow-skinned chickens are preferred. I seem to recall that the diet (beta carotene intake) does affect the "yellowness" of the yellow skin (with yellower being better!), but in white-skinned birds the beta carotene is broken down so that it doesn't show up as yellow in the skin.

I know this was a dumb tangent, I'm a dork and I find such things interesting.
    ~Lori
    5'2", 210#. Starting weight 250#, goal 140#. Overall goal - fit, lean, healthy and happy!
    199# goal - Get a new 'do.
    160# goal - Go to Cedar Point to ride ALL the rollercoasters.
    140# goal - Finally take riding lessons.

buck0924 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: SF Bay Area

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 90-95% (for all of 5 days now) - minimal dairy, alcohol here & there

Do you consume dairy: Minimally. Using some butter or whole milk in cooking, tbsp of half & half in my coffee, tbsp of shredded cheese in my eggs, etc. Cheese is no longer a snack, component of a recipe or part of a meal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Will strive to quit coffee down the road perhaps.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weightloss. Carrying 20-30 lbs that I don't need. My sister (similar body type) had good luck with primal last year. Was doing WW with some success and going primal didn't seem like too far of a stretch from the way I was managing the WW points system (had already steered away from sugars & grains substantially).

Favorite exercise: Soccer & pole dancing

Favorite Primal food: Avocado!

Best part about being Primal: So far ... no salt/sweet cravings, no hunger pangs, good energy level

Worst part about being Primal: Other people not knowing what they can feed you

"Do ...or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

primal start: 03.09.12 || 41 years || 5'2" || sw 147 || cw 143 || gw 120

txswing12 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: College Station, TX

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Just getting started

Do you consume dairy: Trying not to but I have always loved milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to feel better mentally, and physically.

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Anything meaty

Best part about being Primal: I being able to eat lots of meat and vegetables and feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: I have a terrible sweet tooth for cookies, candy, cake, etc.