Page 329 of 638 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 329

Oishio is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Edmonton, AB Canada

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: still in transition. Grain-free now with the exception of rice, but the rest is still happening.

Do you consume dairy: yes, but I will most likely eliminate that from my diet soon enough

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes for now, but it will go soon too.

Motivator for switching to Primal: just makes sense. trying to get back-to-basics in all aspects of life, and this just clicks.

Favorite exercise: karate

Favorite Primal food: steak. Gotta love them steak.

Best part about being Primal: feels good.

Worst part about being Primal: grocery shopping is significantly more difficult

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Amarillo, TX

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: About 80%

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes yes, sometimes I go for days without

Do you drink coffee or tea: Vary rarely with coffee, but yes to tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Actually, one of my coworkers got me interested

Favorite exercise: Squats! All day, everday

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy to hang out with my fun daughter!

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating what my daughter does.

Pov
    Pov is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Pavlovo

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: relatively primal, though I still consume dairy and quite a few carbs in starchy vegetables, potatoes and rice, I also don't do IF

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both: coffee a couple of times a week, I drink palefulls of grean tea - something that I'm thinking of cutting down

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight. I remember I found Mark's blog by searching for no poo movement

Favorite exercise: pull-up - I cannot do any, but really want to, just hanging from the monkey bars is exhilirating already

Favorite Primal food: sweet potatoes, coconuts and eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling great, good energy

Worst part about being Primal: knowing that a lot of people around are slowly killing themselves by eating sugar and other non food

glossy is offline Junior Member

How primal am I?: Right now I'm just researching. I know I have a horrid carb and grain addiction and it has left me miserable and feeling hung over every morning. It has completely sabotaged any attempts to improve my body and lower my body fat ratio.

Do I consume dairy?: So far, yes. I'm cutting down though.

Coffee or tea?: both

Motivator: as mentioned above, I'm looking into solutions for my food addictions.

Favorite exercise: jumping on my rebounder

Favorite primal food: I don't know yet.

The rest I can't answer yet. All I can say is, I'm here to learn and get help. I feel awful and I'm tired of feeling hungry or stuffed beyond comfort. I'm obsessed with food and completely addicted to grains and sweets. I have no energy and I don't know what the answer is just yet. I think I may have a bit of an idea though. Yesterday I fasted during the day with coconut oil and felt great. Once I broke my fast the grain cravings hit me hard. Today I'm doing the same thing but not having any carbs tonight to see if it helps. I have a few pounds to shed. About 10 if I could figure out how. I'd like to drop body fat from 26 to 18. That would be awesome. But most importantly I want freedom from food obsession and addiction.

GalwayGirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Galway! Ireland

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: Hmmm....probably 90% +

Do you consume dairy:Only drop of milk in Tea

Do you drink coffee or tea:Tea, sometimes Green

Motivator for switching to Primal:To be healthier.....

Favorite exercise:swimming, walking the prom on sunny days!

Favorite Primal food:Primal Blueberry Pancakes..yum

Best part about being Primal:loosing 10lbs without even trying!

Worst part about being Primal:sugar not being good.....i really am a fan of choclate..but switching to 85%!

mmoss is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Washington, DC

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 90+%

Do you consume dairy: on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I decided to switch to primal eating to be and feel healthier. I've struggled in the past with diets and disordered eating, but now I'm looking more at the big picture about my own health and the quality of the calories I consume. Following crazy diet plans for years such as restricted calories with macro-nutrient goals or a "medically supervised fast" has really taken a toll on my body. Now that I've turned to primal and resources such as MDA, I've rediscovered how good real food can taste and how it is good for my body and my health.

Favorite exercise: Varied! I like to switch it up!

Favorite Primal food: The avocado.

Best part about being Primal: Being primal has opened up a new and better way for me to approach to food. I have been teaching myself how to cook and I've loved eating my home made meals. Also, restaurant food does not taste as good as it used to. I've also discovered a local grocer who delivers local produce from farms nearby! They also have pastured bacon! I also can't complain about having lost some weight effortlessly.

Worst part about being Primal: Nobody believes me when I tell them I've slimmed down while also eating bacon and dark chocolate.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Vancouver Island

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: I am guessing 60-80% (I don't eat any grains or sugar)

Do you consume dairy: yes (no milk)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, regular drip coffee, but only herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight loss (15 to 20 pounds)

Favorite exercise: walking (in a former lifetime I lifted weights and ran for fun)

Favorite Primal food: bbq'd meats - rib eyes, lamb chops, pork tenderloins...

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet...I am introducing myself, but I still have questions about switching from what I am doing right now to primal...I'll ask those in another thread.

Worst part about being Primal: hunting and gathering

lovecavemen is offline Junior Member
    Your location- Salt Lake City,Utah
    How primal are you -totally primal for one month
    Do you consume dairy? No
    Do you drink coffee or tea? Yes, 2 cups of coffee a day
    Mitigatory - a friend I work with had amazing results
    Favorite exercise - long walks
    favorite primal food - ribs
    Best part of being primal - constant energy level
    worst part of being primal - difficulty finding easy snacks

Mollybee is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Western Australia

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Not very

Do you consume dairy: Yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weightloss (I'd love to say health, but I've been so fat for so long I honestly just want to look good. When I look good, then I'll worry about my health, which is crap anyway )

Favorite exercise: Sex

Favorite Primal food: Roast pork

Best part about being Primal: Knowing what I'm doing and knowing that it works

Worst part about being Primal: Stressing about the family food budget

Big_Steve is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up New Starter - Very Excited!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Everyone,
    My name is Steve and I am a complete Newbie. I bought Marks book about 3 weeks ago and this way of life sounds to be exactly what I need. I have tried every diet out there, some with reasonable success - however - they have all had the same outcome, a heavier me.
    The whole rationale behind this way of life (note I didn't say diet) makes so much sense!
    I have started my journey today and I am viewing it as the first day of the rest of my life, the life I have wanted for so long!
    I'll have a go at answering the questions now:

Your location: Blackpool, North West England

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: New Starter so intending to stick to the rules all the way (is this the best way?)

Do you consume dairy: I will eat a certain amout of dairy but will keep in to minimal amount of heavy cream and cheese (is that right?)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both Coffee and Tea but it isn't a `crutch` for me. I have bought some fruit infusions to give them a try too.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes so much sense. Reading success stories and the kind of symptoms that people had before they went primal. I am constantly tired, I have a CPAP machine to help me sleep, I experience highs and lows in terms of energy and light headedness every day of my life! Its simple, I want my life back.

Favorite exercise: Smimming and hiking.

Favorite Primal food: A big steak with fried onion and an egg on top.

Best part about being Primal: I'm hoping it is going to give me back my health and vitality.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet!!

I'm hoping to be able to use this forum for help, guideance and the occasional bit of motivation.
    I am very excited to be on the journey - it has been a long time coming.