Page 328 of 630 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 6293

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 328

cthules is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location:
    Boston

Age (If you want):
    older than I look, unless everyone is lying to me.

How Primal are you:
    At the moment, 99%. (induction)

Do you consume dairy:
    not since I started.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    weight creeping back up. thyroid meds losing effectiveness obliged some research, the whole hypothyroid/gluten/casein link was disconcerting. Also, had a contract at a site where Paleo was so popular they offered daily options for employees. (including a stir-fry station, omg).
    So, decided to try paleo/primal for lent. (stopped calling it paleo after I noticed this was site I was checking most).

Favorite exercise:
    running. at least, it's what I do most often. (other than walking, I guess). rowing when in season.

Favorite Primal food:
    not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal:
    too soon to tell. there's been some weight loss, possibly less chronic pain, but... I haven't tested that theory yet.
    ironically cheaper on the food budget, since I go out to eat a lot less now.

Worst part about being Primal:
    having to eat alone, or otherwise turn down people's food.
    finding out how many things contain hidden wheat.

krusty43 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: About 1 week in

Do you consume dairy: Raw milk in my tea, though I'm starting to substitute with cream now, cottage cheese. That's about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Drink both, but limit to two cups in total per day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Experiencing burnout through overtaining, weighing and measuring food, fatigued, starting to see increase in niggling injuries, sick of training and nutrition programs and being so regimented, and led to believe the only way I can stay lean is a high volume and intensity of training. Over it! Sick of being a gym rat and eager to get outside and overall to enjoy life and lead a more intuitive and deeply rewarding and satisfying lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Don't know yet.

Favorite Primal food: Fresh Salmon (baked with salt and pepper...mmmm)

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Mery is offline Junior Member
    Hi I live in England and from one of the forum they mention Dr Jack Kruse and I'd like to follow his advice.

I've been reading his blog is amazing all the thing is done. I'm ready start so I'd like to ask some questions?
    Thanks
    Mery

Cocky is offline Junior Member
    Your location: COLUMBIA SC

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: NEWBIE

Do you consume dairy: YES. I DRINK MILK.

Do you drink coffee or tea: NO.

Motivator for switching to Primal: DIAGNOSED WITH HYPERTENSION AND HIGH CHLORESTEROL(sp) (HDL). I'M JUST NOT CONTENT WITH WHERE I CURRENTLY AM PHYSICALLY.

Favorite exercise: JUST STARTED CROSSFIT AND I LOVE PULL UPS.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT! LOL

Best part about being Primal: THE FACT THAT I CAN EAT MEAT AND NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT.

Worst part about being Primal: FINDING SUGGESTED FOODS THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE BESIDES MEAT. I'M A VERY PICKY EATER.

AKinNOLA is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Hey all, I'm Ali, just introduced myself on the other page, but figured I'd do this one too

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you: Ideally, 100%, minus one day a week. Recently, more like 60%, which is why I'm joining the forum more actively to get some communal encouragement

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream with coffee, and grass fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:iced coffee. daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight, not just to be 'ripped', though that is a goal, but to keep the wear and tear on my right knee, which was surgically repaired acl and meniscus tear 10 years ago, as functional and non-arthritic as possible.

Favorite exercise: soccer, and kettle bell swings, presses and snatches.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed beef or lamb, scallops and shrimp, and duck breasts

Best part about being Primal: Rosecea clears up, no gut cramps, knee feels 100x better and can play running sports like soccer and basketball 2-3 times per week, as opposed to 1 time and swelling like a balloon. Plus, all the great food I've learned to cook. Going from 36 inch pants to 32 (on my way to 30)!

Worst part about being Primal: Pretty much living without basmati rice, being that I'm Persian.

Louelle is offline Junior Member
    Connecticut but would like to move out West soon
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Connecticut

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: Just starting the journey

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:Want to finally lose that 10 lbs and become more lean and toned. Also want to enjoy food without all the guilt and diets.

Favorite exercise:yoga, walking

Favorite Primal food: Coconut, macadamia nuts

Best part about being Primal:Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal:
    Not so easy when eating at friends homes

Nelle is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Currently, North Florida

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: brand spankin' new, have not started yet. (help is welcome!)

Do you consume dairy: Yes but my goal is to eliminate most if not all.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Loooove me some Starbucks! (I'm from Seattle, what can I say??)

Motivator for switching to Primal: As I get older (I know, I'm only 27 but it feels very different from 20!) I am finding it harder to lose weight. I don't get enough sleep and have minor shoulder inflammation. I read that the primal diet may be able to help by eliminating grains that cause wakefulness and joint inflammation.

Favorite exercise: Soccer! If I could afford it I would play every day!

Favorite Primal food: meat, in general (I could never be vegan!)

Best part about being Primal: Guess I'll find out!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm a self-diagnosed chocoholic. We'll see how that goes...

DREJYA is offline Junior Member
    Oh hai I'm new

Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 80+%

Do you consume dairy: Only butter, cheese is very rare.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was vegetarian/vegan for 7 years, because I thought it was the healthiest lifestyle. About a year ago I figured out that I was weak and depressed, so I did some research and my sister told me about the primal lifestyle. I was pretty shocked that an evolutionary diet had never occurred to me before, considering I was a biologist focused on evolutionary biology. I finally made the switch completely about 3 months ago, and I've never felt healthier or stronger in my life.

Favorite exercise: Push ups in all variations.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon of course.

Best part about being Primal: How strong I am now. I was never able to do push ups from my feet before, and now I do at least 40-50 a day, the sole reason being that I love doing them.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to people. Coworkers always bring in donuts or other junk and never fail to question me about why I won't have even one, but I eat bacon almost every day, which in their minds is just as unhealthy. I'm like, "Look at you and your big belly and look at me! There's your proof!"

Ayla64 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NY

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both - daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: having to cook

10sShoes is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Moderately strong

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally (not daily)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthy and control my weight

Favorite exercise: Tennis, running

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: No more bloating or worry about weight gain

Worst part about being Primal: Difficult to eat out, but I have Celiac Disease, so it's almost always difficult for me to eat out anyway